B O A (보아) * Official Thread

Guest jnnfr

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hyeminnie

^ meilin is a korean singer who went to japan and that's why she's called the second BoA... along with like every other young female singer...

she and BoA are releasing their new singles on the same day.

and i think she can swim.

Guest Rainie_Days

^ Wow really? Meilin does really sound like a chinese name though :mellow: lol

There's always some other new singer called the second BoA...lol Jang Ri In was called the second BoA wasn't she?

For those of you who dont know Meilin you can look here: Click Here,

Its so weird how her name seems chinese. Anyways, I believe that they just use the term "2nd BoA" as a gimmick like what Yunholuv said.

Hmm...I havent seen anything new from BoA latley. Doesnt she still have a number of tours? I want to to see more pics! Just less that 3 months till Hollywood Bowl Though =]

EDIT* weeks! So sorry! thanks for pointing out my mistake LazyAsian =]

i never knew meilin was som2. when i first saw meilin's first japanese mv i was like no that's not her. but i guess it is. i acually didnt like her when she came out with her korean album but now i love it. but i dont like her japanese stuff? weird. she looks different.

anyway, i dont think she can ever be boa #2 but whatever. lol

dude my friend got backstage passes to the hbowl and im soooo jealous of her. ahhhhhh

srry i just had to say it out. T____________T

Guest hyeminnie

^ i know. i think ppl have been losing interest since Outgrow. i must say that that album was probably her worst. i think that Made in 20 was a really good album, but not really promoted yet.

I've never heard of Meilin before .. Hm .. Is it me or does that one picture in that picture thread have the same concept as Kimochiwa Tsutawaru?

i was thinking the same thing. i mean, walking down a virtual street wearing a long coat? with dance segments?

there are so many second boa's but I think boa is WAY BETTER~

SECOND BOAS:

Zhang Li Yin

SunMin

Younha

Meilin

goshies.. do these people get tired? and... I can understand li yin since she's from SM too~ but shouldn't the other artist be compared to someone else? That's just basically saying SM is great~ that just amuses me ^.^

anyways~ her DVD of her tour would come out in July right? I'm soooo gonna buy that!

Guest jessiep

^^She'll focus in Korea for at least 6 months or the rest of the year after release of Sweet Impact single (according to previous news posts). Hopefully, that will give Japanese fans a sense of her "taking a break", and she'll have a better comeback album in 2008.

I have no clue of who Meiling is, and now she is another "2nd BoA". The "2nd BoA" wave will never stop, won't it?

I watched meilin's PV... she's trying WAY hard to look like Boa and act like Boa

her costumes too O.o that's freaky... i don't like her voice though T.T

okay~ SHE'S GONNA BE BACK IN KOREA???? 346$&%^*&^($^%^#$

freaken out here... AHHHHH i can't wait~ i miss her korean days <3

Guest talksound

I guess it's a compliment towards BoA that everyone everywhere wants to be the 2nd Her. It doesn't matter if it's true, cause no one's coming close yet. & I think it's more of a selling point to promote artists these days because of BoA's popularity. It's amazing how she's still so praised and everything when she's been in Japan all this time.

Guest hyeminnie

^ yeah, i agree. they tend to sell their artists by using famous names and associating them with their singers.

I watched meilin's PV... she's trying WAY hard to look like Boa and act like Boa

her costumes too O.o that's freaky... i don't like her voice though T.T

okay~ SHE'S GONNA BE BACK IN KOREA???? 346$&%^*&^($^%^#$

freaken out here... AHHHHH i can't wait~ i miss her korean days <3

i know! the pic with her with googles looks like BoA's Atlantis Princess days.

2zipkww.jpg

credits: meilin thread

BoA:

n2o1417503754111490493541lp.jpg

1136428037678643007xw.jpg

credits: BJJ

oh, and wasn't dana from csjh called the second BoA since she had a solo career before?

I don't think dana was called the scond boa, but sunday since she started her solo career in japan before she's in csjh. But there were comparism between dana and boa bcos both of them debuted at young age.

Guest -x.smile.31

New poster here ^-^;; Long time reader tho XD

Hmmm~ I think a long time ago, when Som2 debuted, I think she something on the lines that she's going to be better than BoA. I think that's what I read on Boajjang. ^-^;; IMO, she doesn't really have anything to compare to BoA, her looks, dancing, and singing are okay, but not as good as BoA's <33 lol

^ yeah, i agree. they tend to sell their artists by using famous names and associating them with their singers.

i know! the pic with her with googles looks like BoA's Atlantis Princess days.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/hy...nie/2zipkww.jpg

credits: meilin thread

BoA:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/hy...490493541lp.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/hy...678643007xw.jpg

credits: BJJ

oh, and wasn't dana from csjh called the second BoA since she had a solo career before?

*Laughs* I didn't even know this chick existed until today lOL

I think I saw pictures of her before though, when someone was comparing her with BoA

Hahaha is it me or are the people that gets dubbed as the "2nd BoA" never do that well because they never live up to the expectation lOL

It's like a curse hahaha

Guest winG*

Not only singers, but many trainees have been trained to be the "second BoA". I do think it's somewhat a curse, but I guess companies haven't realized that yet.

I really really want BoA to do some variety shows this time she comes to Korea. Even if it's not the silly game ones...just YSMM...or that one where they tour people's houses--I'd love to see BoA's house. She went on this one variety show in 2002 (?), the cooking hoax one, where the host put a lot of salt in the cream and made BoA eat a lot of it. It was so cute. And there was a part where they were in a restaurant...and BoA was supposedly on a diet, but she just kept eating and eating, lol. It'd be nice to show Korean audiences another side to her^^

Anyway...there's an ARTICLE on Bestiz about the Hyori-BoA-Junki picture.

And this is from a while ago, but apparently Ivy mentioned BoA in an interview HERE.

Archived