Ask The Fellas

Guest JJangJae

Does the fact that the girl you're interested in has a boyfriend deter you from making a move? Or is that just insignificant?

Yes, it definitely should tell you to back off. It's no use killing her happiness and causing drama by throwing yourself into their love life. Trust me, this has happened in front of me before and it didn't turn out pretty at all.

Guest hiswendy

Okay so today my friend & I were talking and she was urging me to talk to this guy who I've had a tiny crush on since last year. I insist that he probably thinks I'm a creepy stalker girl, but she insists that guys don't think like girls so most likely the guy I like doesn't think I'm a creepy stalker girl.

Uhhh so I need opinions on whether you guys here, if you were in his position, would think I am a creepy stalker girl? (I'm really not!) Because I want to talk to him but not if I'm convinced he thinks I am weird...

Okay, first time we saw each other was at tutorial (a small class) and because he looks sooo much like this guy I used to know, right away he caught my attention (err, I sort of stared in shock because the guy he resembles also resembles a Taiwanese actor). In class we introduced our names so I remembered his & also we had to write our names on this paper for the TA to see where we all sat, and when the paper got to me, I saw his name on it so that's how I know his name. (Just trying to prove I'm not a stalker for knowing his name? ^^; )

He dropped that class but as it turns out he's in my other class. We caught each others' eyes a lot and after the lab for that class he was usually standing outside & we'd pass each other when I'm on my way out.

Also when I had night classes my friend & I spent the hour break by going to the gym & watching basketball... the guy I like was usually there. The first time I watched, he saw me & I know because lol we caught each others' eyes a lot too. And I might've been hallucinating but I swear when he took off his shirt (he had another one under lol) he glanced up my way (or this is just the girly side talking...). And when someone fell he sort of laughed, abruptly stopped then ran off to help the dude who fell (ok that one, he's probably just really nice).

Anyway I know he recognizes me too (& his friend who was a mutual classmate) because when I was passing by the gym once & (guiltttyyyy) I was looking for him, lol, but I didn't see him. But I saw our classmate. Then our classmate went to the wall & pulled the guy I like into view, and it was like a "Look it's her" kind of thing... T____T (Then I panicked, walked into the railing, and ran off in embarrassment. nice) But I don't know if that was a good thing. And also when I passed by his table (last Wednesday) a look of recognition passed his face... so yeah. But then he disappeared from the table after LOL <--this is what discourages me.

SOOO. We obviously recognize each other but there's no actual interaction. One time when we passed by each other, he kind of saw me then did this quick-look away thing <-- another discouragement. And I guess what I'm asking is, anyone think he probably does think I'm a creepy stalker girl? (EVEN THOUGH I'M CLEARLY NOT riiight ^^) Like, what can you make of that situation? And I'm so sorry for the loooooong post =\ I'd ask my friends about this, but they're useless haha.

Guest dragonninja598000

ok so i've know this guy for two years in high school (ever since sophomore year) and now we're seniors. he's starting to text me more this year and talk to me more. in the past we'd talk and stuff but when i'd text him he usually didn't text me back. this year, he texts me basically everyday. so i don know if he likes me or what? a little help?

Probably. Just run with it see where it takes you.

oh that's hot @___@

what's with the sudden rise of bromance? P:

AHAHAHHA not really the question. The question is - what do YOU use MSN for? How come when guys are online / not busy - they don't reply? LOL USE UR STATUSES U. I dunno, it kind of irks me when I tell them something over it and in two second, they're offline. OK OK, I get it they might not realise they've been online all along but some form of reponse and a goodbye would be nice.

I don't use MSN really tho i have one. I'm on aim. Iono. Probably just those guys you are around. LOL. i normally give a goodbye or somehing i tell them i'm leaving.

so my bf says that he used to like this girl after me cuz he thought I didn't like him back (this was last year)

but then he stopped liking her I guess(?) but he continued to like me...

what are the signs to show that he's fully uninterested in her & is willing to stay with me?

HAHA. There's absolutely no way to prove that unless you work with other girl and if you do that. That's pretty shady on your part. All you can do it trust that he's telling the truth.

- If a guy makes fun of a girl very wickedly and this happens everyday, what does this means?

- Why a popular guy talks very friendly with girls in general and then he is with you, he seems to be shy? I precise that when i'm with a friend, he talk to me like we were friends and when we are both alone, he doesn't talk very munch...

He either hates your guts or he's just doing it because he doesn't want to give into the feeling of love. lol

Probably just weird for him since he likes you at least a little. Or well that's what happens to me when i'm around a girl i like...by myself.

Does the fact that the girl you're interested in has a boyfriend deter you from making a move? Or is that just insignificant?

Yes, it does.

how can i get a REALLY introverted guy to open up to me without creeping him out?

Have a reason to talk to him and don't make it seem like your coming on to him.

How long would a guy be willing to wait for a girl he really liked? If he knew the girl was waiting for him too? And also felt the same way. And in between all this there is not that much contact/communication going on due to various reasons.

Depends on the guy. My question is why are they both waiting for each other? If they feel the same.

what do you guys think about a girl on a motorcycle?

yay/nay?

Pretty hot. Only if I knew how to ride on too. lol

Okay so today my friend & I were talking and she was urging me to talk to this guy who I've had a tiny crush on since last year. I insist that he probably thinks I'm a creepy stalker girl, but she insists that guys don't think like girls so most likely the guy I like doesn't think I'm a creepy stalker girl.

Uhhh so I need opinions on whether you guys here, if you were in his position, would think I am a creepy stalker girl? (I'm really not!) Because I want to talk to him but not if I'm convinced he thinks I am weird...

Okay, first time we saw each other was at tutorial (a small class) and because he looks sooo much like this guy I used to know, right away he caught my attention (err, I sort of stared in shock because the guy he resembles also resembles a Taiwanese actor). In class we introduced our names so I remembered his & also we had to write our names on this paper for the TA to see where we all sat, and when the paper got to me, I saw his name on it so that's how I know his name. (Just trying to prove I'm not a stalker for knowing his name? ^^; )

He dropped that class but as it turns out he's in my other class. We caught each others' eyes a lot and after the lab for that class he was usually standing outside & we'd pass each other when I'm on my way out.

Also when I had night classes my friend & I spent the hour break by going to the gym & watching basketball... the guy I like was usually there. The first time I watched, he saw me & I know because lol we caught each others' eyes a lot too. And I might've been hallucinating but I swear when he took off his shirt (he had another one under lol) he glanced up my way (or this is just the girly side talking...). And when someone fell he sort of laughed, abruptly stopped then ran off to help the dude who fell (ok that one, he's probably just really nice).

Anyway I know he recognizes me too (& his friend who was a mutual classmate) because when I was passing by the gym once & (guiltttyyyy) I was looking for him, lol, but I didn't see him. But I saw our classmate. Then our classmate went to the wall & pulled the guy I like into view, and it was like a "Look it's her" kind of thing... T____T (Then I panicked, walked into the railing, and ran off in embarrassment. nice) But I don't know if that was a good thing. And also when I passed by his table (last Wednesday) a look of recognition passed his face... so yeah. But then he disappeared from the table after LOL <--this is what discourages me.

SOOO. We obviously recognize each other but there's no actual interaction. One time when we passed by each other, he kind of saw me then did this quick-look away thing <-- another discouragement. And I guess what I'm asking is, anyone think he probably does think I'm a creepy stalker girl? (EVEN THOUGH I'M CLEARLY NOT riiight ^^) Like, what can you make of that situation? And I'm so sorry for the loooooong post =\ I'd ask my friends about this, but they're useless haha.

Ok. Word of advice don't run anyway from him cause if you do, he knows something is up. Just act like he isn't there. Now, you really want to talk to him. Have a reason to talk to him about something. Have a reason to initiate a conversation whether it's about class, the time, etc. He's not gonna shut you out just because you asked for the time a recognize him from the last class. Pretend like you forgot his name and ask him again. Iono just have a reason to talk to him.

hahaha! i read this. this is kind of funny/cute. I bet he thinks you like him. If you want, you should get to know him, but maybe don't look for him that much, and sometimes seem as though you don't notice him? Sorry, i'm not a guy, but just putting in my two cents. =P

anyway, i'd like to ask: if your gf seemed a bit cold/shy physically [like holding hands, etc in public], what would you think? Like, you put your arm around her waist frequently, but she escapes, or she doesn't really let you hold her hand [without saying anything], etc., etc. around school and stuff...

Have a reason to talk to him and don't make it seem like your coming on to him.

thanks for the advice.

well this guy is really really shy. he hardly talks to anyone in class. and when he does, it's the "one word" replies. he doesn't really have any friends and just sits out by himself most of the time during lunch break. which makes it even harder for me to talk to him.

but do you think he likes me? cuz i caught him staring at me like multiple times during class. he looks away qucikly and looks at me again. when i first talked to him, he gave me a really nervous smile/laugh & was very softspoken. -___-' & it seems like everywhere i go he's there. plus, i can see him staring at me from a distance during break. his signals are really confusing...& idk how to react because i never liked a shy guy before.

though, i really like him but i don't know how to break the ice. everytime i see him around, i run out of reasons why i should talk to him. i lose courage if you know what i mean.

Guest dragonninja598000

@diana78

I'd probably think something is wrong and I'd ask her about it. When you do that it says that your not that comfortable with him and that is probably what he's gonna see. Just do something that makes you comfortable.

@meteorstarbb829

Ok well in class, I'm sure he's one of the smart people just ask him for help. Make small talk little by little. Don't try to have a long conversation with him right off. Just kinda build his comfort level with you. When you lose things to say just ask him about him. Seem generally interested in who he is. =] Good luck.

Guest Mr. Chan

When GUY2 ask GUY1 if he likes a girl out loud with the girl standing by GUY1 and GUY1 yells noooo and looks embarrassed, it really does mean "No" right?

Could guys even like a girl he met two days earlier?

No. No.

What are your intentions if you're asking a friend (crush from two years ago) to visit you on friday night at 11:30PM. I'm scared of visiting this guy i know because he always asks me to go hang out.

What kind of vibe am i giving off if he said he was 'cool' sarcastically and to go along with it i said 'yeah, you're cool.' Then he says "so it seems like you had a little crush on me 2 years ago." To be polite, i say 'sure.." He then says that he did like me. Does 'sure' make it sound like i did like him? cause i really don't. and now i am confused.

Guest x kisekiboshi

so there's this guy who i recently met through this RA at my residence hall. i'm interested in him and i really want to get to know him better. the thing is, we only see each other if he comes over to my building or if i run into him at the dining hall. i want to hang out with him, but the only thing i can think of is asking him if he wants to either grab dinner from the dining hall or if he wants to get a drink from starbucks. if you were in his position, would you accept the offer or be creeped out? we've talked a little bit, but a lot of it is just small conversation.

oh, and the other night my friends and i were trying to pull a prank on him. i decided to leave my RA's room, and then he asked me why i was leaving (the funny thing is, he was too absorbed playing a video game), so i said to him in a mean tone (totally joking of course) "because i can" and left. i was waiting outside for my friend so we could continue with the plan. she comes outside and tells me that he asked her if i was mad and if he should go after me. this took me a little bit by surprise because i didn't think that it was a big deal or anything. does this show that he has a teeny interest in me or am i just over-analyzing this?

Here goes my attempt at answering..

so there's this guy who i recently met through this RA at my residence hall. i'm interested in him and i really want to get to know him better. the thing is, we only see each other if he comes over to my building or if i run into him at the dining hall. i want to hang out with him, but the only thing i can think of is asking him if he wants to either grab dinner from the dining hall or if he wants to get a drink from starbucks. if you were in his position, would you accept the offer or be creeped out? we've talked a little bit, but a lot of it is just small conversation.

oh, and the other night my friends and i were trying to pull a prank on him. i decided to leave my RA's room, and then he asked me why i was leaving (the funny thing is, he was too absorbed playing a video game), so i said to him in a mean tone (totally joking of course) "because i can" and left. i was waiting outside for my friend so we could continue with the plan. she comes outside and tells me that he asked her if i was mad and if he should go after me. this took me a little bit by surprise because i didn't think that it was a big deal or anything. does this show that he has a teeny interest in me or am i just over-analyzing this?

I'm assuming this guy is single.

I would accept the offer. And there's nothing creepy about getting dinner or going to starbucks..

I think you're over-analyzing this. You don't have to be interested in someone to be curious of why they're leaving. He could be interested, but that question doesn't really mean much. (I ask female friends why they're leaving all the time.. even though I'm not "interested" in them"

when a guy says "i don't know why i act this way around you" and "you're the only one i act this way around" etc (acting meaning he says a lot of stupid, nerdy things and is all around pretty silly) does it mean anything? in other words, is it a good thing or a bad thing (since i like him)? have i been friendzoned?

He could be interested in you. It could also be that he just feels comfortable around you by doing silly things. So yes I would say this is a good thing if you like him.

If a guy is at a party surrounded by a lot of girls and then sees a girl that he sits next to in class, but they never really get to talk, so he leaves the girls he was talking to say hi to the girl from his class and hug and talk to her for a long time, does that mean he is trying to get to know her more?

I think its quite obvious that he's trying to get to know her more. But this could be for many reasons. He could just be a very friendly person. If the girl was standing all alone, then he is probably trying to include her.