【 Dir En Grey 】 The Thread

Guest sHIK-kUN

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest *Morticia*

I'M HERE!!!! (also where's Mihaela. Hope she's well in China)

haha i'm like off this page for two days and everyone decides to come back?!?! WTH?!? lol I swear the whole thread move threw me off. Anyways hello hello to all the old regulars. It's like a family reunion or something. *tears*

Hey! I'm sorry for not dropping by at all lately - college, work...I'm exhausted. This sentence you wrote made me smile. I miss talking to the old regulars - as soon as my exams are over we can have a REAL reunion!!!

I got caught in Diru nostalgia today (that's why I'm here now!) so I digged out all those old fanvids and PVs...'cause lately Marrow really started to grow on me so I had to remind myself of the good old times. I remember a time in highschool when my every thought revolved around a single subject - Toshiya, Toshiya, Toshiya. You guys remember how passionately I used to talk about him? I'm so fond of those memories. *warm smile*

Sometimes Toshiya appears as a character in my writings, vaguely disguised as an anonymous, random Japanese person...but I guess everyone who knows Diru would immediately recognize Toshiya even if he bore another name and had a completely different biography. I guess a character based on Toshiya might appear in the final version of my novel.

I've been really good lately. I've managed to resolve most of my problems and my depression seems to be dying down on it's own, without me having to resort to any drastic measures as I originally intended. I've mentally transformed in the past few months.

I've realized that I'm finally at home somewhere, that I feel perfectly comfortable with my life in China, and that I'm satisfied with the choices I made in the past year or so. These choices were difficult, but it was definitely worth it. Because of my lack of free time I haven't been writing any emails, instead I make an entry once a month in my blog on Facebook to let people know how I'm doing.

If anyone knows what happened to Ginny, please let me know. She seems to have disappeared and hasn't been answering my messages for almost 5 months now. I'm worried that something happened to her or that she might be angry for some reason?

Don't forget me guys!!! I always keep you in my thoughts.

Guest precious4e

^ HEY MIHAELA!!! wow welcome back. Sounds like you've been doing good.

It's almost summer in China....it's going to be hot lol. And also the Olympics!! Things are probably really busy there now.

You have a facebook? What's your page? I need to add you! ^^

Well keep dropping by if you can.

And yea Ginny hasn't dropped by here since forever... :ph34r:

I'm sitting in my last class EVER right now so i'm a little antsy haha.

and yes never forget about your love for TOSHIYA!!!! haha

Guest *Morticia*

^ HEY MIHAELA!!! wow welcome back. Sounds like you've been doing good.

It's almost summer in China....it's going to be hot lol. And also the Olympics!! Things are probably really busy there now.

You have a facebook? What's your page? I need to add you! ^^

Well keep dropping by if you can.

And yea Ginny hasn't dropped by here since forever... :ph34r:

I'm sitting in my last class EVER right now so i'm a little antsy haha.

and yes never forget about your love for TOSHIYA!!!! haha

My name on Facebook is Mihaela Hara LOL You're welcome to add me.

Ginny...I really miss her. We used to talk every night and I held her in high esteem. I considered her one of my closest friends, so now that I don't know what's happened I feel kinda hurt. There are many things I wish I could tell her and I think she'd be proud of how well I've been dealing with my problems lately. I'm amazed at myself and I hope I never lose my way again.

I'm so looking forward to the Olympics...BUT there's been talk lately that they plan on terminating visas of all the foreign students before the Games begin, and forcing us out of the country because they are afraid of protests. I'll be really pissed if these rumors are true. I, as most of my colleagues, care nothing for protests and only want to mind my own buisness and live my own life. It would be unfair to just kick us all out.

My first post in this thread, I think? I tend to lose track of my posts.

Yeah, Dir en Grey. I miss them.

I haven't been paying attention to them for for a while.

Yesterday, I had my laptop fixed and I started to upload songs into my ipod, and I remembered Diru!

Aw, I miss their old stuff.

I remember the first song I heard from them was "Yokan" and my love for Diru built after that.

Anyone know if they will be coming to the US anytime soon?

Guest ladyyehse

^hopefully this summer! lol

MIHAELAAAAAAAAAA<3

you're back~!! aw, hopefully those rumors aren't true. it'd be unfair for you guys.

its great to know you're doing well in China! I wish i can go there for the summer but sadly i cant :[

gonna add you in facebook too ^^

yeah really, what happened to ginny... she's been gone for a long time

Guest Olivia*sSlave*

A lot of people disappear from this thread, never to be seen or heard of until they pop up randomly.

I'm sure there's something going on, but we'll never know.

Has her account been active at all lately? she may have changed her name or whatever.

I don't know

anyway Yoshiki is producing Dir en grey's latest album

it's been quoted from metal hammer's magazine by kaoru himself

but apparently kaoru has stated that Dir en grey has never worked with yoshiki before lowlz

i'm sure it's just a mistranslation more than anything.

Also the new album should be coming late this year

and should feature old, new, and future Dir en grey sounds

which means when it comes out it'll just be present Dir en grey

I sure hopes this spells out an amazing album or rebirth of Dir en grey

cuz Mucc have reinvented themselves with the passing of their ten year anniversary

Guest Olivia*sSlave*

SO Dir en grey has already performed at the memorial summit and they covered hide's song miscast while playing 8 of their own songs

Guest precious4e

^ that's pretty awesome. I'm guessing all the bands did a cover?

and regarding the new album....can't wait for it to come out!! lol It's always interesting to see what new sound they have. I think each of their album is quite different from the last.

Guest ~Blossom'sKiss~

i just wanted to say one thing, which most will agree with (I think)...

one out of the many reasons i believe Dir en grey is incredibly captivating, is because they're sooo god damn passionate while performing, it's breathtaking, the energy and passion they have during their lives it's just amazing.

Guest diru

^ Kyo literally puts himself on the line just to get the crowd going, its really something that should be very appreciative. Whether its 10 people or 10,000 people, they'll always do a show with 110% performance.

What's Deg been getting up to these days anyways?

Guest ladyyehse

probably resting or working on the new album?

and then a tour in japan. hopefully followed up by a tour in the US :D

that show mustve rocked.

totally looking forward to the new album :] they always come up with something new each time.

Archived