Soompi Mac User Group

j79

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abviolinplayer

hi, Mac n00b here~~ I got a white 13" MacBook for Christmas!! It's soo different...it'll probably take a while for me to adjust to it, but I can't find anything I don't like about it! It's so prettyyy~~ :wub:

hello =]

another question here...hehe

to preserve battery life on a MACBOOK do i have to periodically let the battery run out all the way then fully charge it?

if so, how often do i have to do this?

and is it bad to have the ac adapter connected with the battery is already fully charged?

Guest daifeilo

how do i make VLC my default video player?

i think, right-click file > open with > choose 'other' > find 'VLC' application in list > and check the 'always open with' box

to preserve battery life on a MACBOOK do i have to periodically let the battery run out all the way then fully charge it?

if so, how often do i have to do this?

and is it bad to have the ac adapter connected with the battery is already fully charged?

i think its recommended to let it run out every month of two, but i can never be bothered with it. it should be fine leaving it connected always, i think it stops charging once its 'green' rather than overcharge it. i always leave mine connected (like few weeks depending if i just leave my computer in the same spot)

Guest amyhailwa

ive got a qn...

can clubbox be installed on a mac?

cos i really love mac functions...

but i cant work without clubbox or gom player.

there are other alternatives to gom. but wat about clubbox?

Guest Xarthan

how do you get microsoft word on mac for free? :)

i desperately need itttt!!!!

you don't. try www.neooffice.org its free and for the mac

Guest l`amour

I've had my MacBook since the beginning of the school year and I've fallen in love with it. <3

I now have troubles trying to use my PC desktop as my Mac. :lol: I have a Zune, too, which is a little weird... but no worries! I have the lovely iPod mini as well. :]

Everyone at my work (managers plus a few co-workers) all have macs so it's fun sending stuff around on Bluetooth to each other. :]

IF YOU GUYS HAVE THE NEW ICHAT, chat me on AIM so we can make fun faces at each other!

Oh, and, did anyone actually watch that like, long video on all the features that Leopard has? [sorry if this has been mentioned before. :x]

- - -

If you guys are big into using MSN and wanted to use your webcam as well, use Mercury Messenger or aMSN. Plus, they don't limit how many times you can nudge someone. :lol:

Guest PockyBreak

Oh, and, did anyone actually watch that like, long video on all the features that Leopard has? [sorry if this has been mentioned before. :x]

Haha, sadly, and admittedly I watched a good deal of those videos -.-V

It's what happens when you become super bored on a Sunday afternoon.

Yay for macs! I've had my MB for around the same time. And its so very awesome.

You can also use Adium + a plugin for video chat and stuff.

hey guys, i need a little help.

I know i'll definately be getting a computer this summer (for college) but i'm tempted to just get the macbook now because my current laptop just died on me (stupid PC). So is there a good chance a newer macbook will come out between now and summer (june/july) or should i just get one now?

PS; do they still give away anything for students with the purchase of a macbook??

Guest rapunzel283

If you guys are big into using MSN and wanted to use your webcam as well, use Mercury Messenger or aMSN.
^ Can you send offline messages to people?

MSN for Mac sucks the biggest lollipop but I still love my Macbook <3

Guest daifeilo

hey guys, i need a little help.

I know i'll definately be getting a computer this summer (for college) but i'm tempted to just get the macbook now because my current laptop just died on me (stupid PC). So is there a good chance a newer macbook will come out between now and summer (june/july) or should i just get one now?

PS; do they still give away anything for students with the purchase of a macbook??

yes, wait for tomorrow mac conference. rumors says there is a new type of macbook.

so i just got a new macbook, yay! i love it :)

but when you plug in your digital camera, is it supposed to show up on the desktop (like when you plug in your ipod)?? i thought there was a camera icon on the desktop and on my dock when i plugged my camera in for the first time, but now no icon shows up.

Archived