Soompi Mac User Group

j79

Guest Xarthan

hi guys just recently got a new macbook. it's the black model.

i was about the sleep options on the computer.

i hav both Caffeine and InsomniaX on. to keep it from sleeping. however InsomniaX keeps the monitor on while it is still closed. and it is kinda of a problem cuz the keys will get hot and im worried it will melt it lol. however i could turn the brightness all the way down but i think it might be too troublesome to adjust it all the time

Does anyone hav the following combination of programs/settings on the computer to the the LAPTOP still running with everything but when u close the laptop the monitor will turn off

any reason you want to have the computer running with the montior closed? That generates alot of heat (aka heat can't escape as well)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shinnn

any reason you want to have the computer running with the montior closed? That generates alot of heat (aka heat can't escape as well)

hmm interesting never thought of that lolol. kk well how about external monitors? would u usually close the monitor or leave it open?

Guest ebae89

what do i do?!?! my camera green light is on, on my macbook.

i'm not even using it and it's on!!

i'm freakin out... what do i do?

please help me

Guest GDmYL.O.V.E18

i have a question i noticed with my macbook

that i can't watch dramas on Conpia or SBS or MBC (where you pay like a dollar and watch it directly)

is there a way you can still use this on your macbook

too b/c i really want to watch the dramas on my macbook but i can't figure it out

can someone please help me!

thanks in advance!

Guest Xarthan

hmm interesting never thought of that lolol. kk well how about external monitors? would u usually close the monitor or leave it open?

yes ppl do, but again temp does get higher! :sweatingbullets:

Guest ebae89

does anyone know a site called ddoba??

like you can get movies and stuff but is there a gom player that can work on macs? cuz that's the only player that the movies can play in.

Guest Goombi

^^^

First for the closed macbook. I used to close it when I was working with my external monitor.

Second, clubbox and GOM player don't work on macs. Korean video players and asian ones in general are mostly only windows compatible 99% of the time :(.

Guest stoner beans

Here's some links:

NOTCOT Incase Hardhsell "review"

iSkin Protouch Keyboard Protector

MacRumors Incase Hardshell Thread

The above were just example of products. Hope the post helped :).

hey thanks for he link and yea, it helped a lot.

the only thing with the hard case is that i'm worried that it would be hard to take off in the case that i ever need it for an upgrade or anything.

and the thing with the soft cases, im worried that the zippers, or things inside the bag would leave marks on the Mac.

yes, paranoid, i know haha.

and the keyboard protector looks interesting as well.

but thanks for your help :]

EDIT:

Also, does Caffeine InsomniaX prevent the Mac to stop going to sleep when i close the Mac? when i close the lid, everything gets shut off like the Adium and stuff. (pretty asking what shinnn is referring to on the top of the page) i just need something that would stop disconnecting my Adium 2743847 times a day

Guest shinnn

EDIT:

Also, does Caffeine InsomniaX prevent the Mac to stop going to sleep when i close the Mac? when i close the lid, everything gets shut off like the Adium and stuff. (pretty asking what shinnn is referring to on the top of the page) i just need something that would stop disconnecting my Adium 2743847 times a day

the only way i kno so far is to use the active space corners in Expose (sys. pref._ to put the screen to sleep when insomniax and caffeine but like xarthan said it's probably not a good idea

Guest Xarthan

EDIT:

you can set in system pref to have the computer never go to sleep. My adium doesn't disconnect unless i turn off or sleep.

is there a free program on mac that allows you to convert video files into jpg files?

4media is one, but it leaves a watermark on the images. I really don't want to buy it. >___<

I might have to.

Guest strawberryme

Ooh, there's a mac thread in here.

I'm using my Black Macbook. 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 250GB.

Guest LEGACY

can you run clubbox and 곰 on the boot leg thing? or will it still not work?

i'm thinking of buying the macbook pro for college and i was a pc-er. i'm going to be leaving the darkside soon xD

man the 17inch looked sooooo hot.

but my mom said there's no reason for the 17inch if i have a desktop already =/.

Guest cocoa

Is it okay that my macbook temperature is always around 130 degrees Fahrenheit (using internet)? I use SMC fan control and right now it's around 135 but just wondering if it's alright and what temperature everyone else gets.

Guest <yiboy>

Is it okay that my macbook temperature is always around 130 degrees Fahrenheit (using internet)? I use SMC fan control and right now it's around 135 but just wondering if it's alright and what temperature everyone else gets.

Hmmmm the fact that you say it's ALWAYS at that temp. is kinda weird. Mine usually stays around high 90's low 100's for awhile until i use it for a few good hours and it'll go up to 130 and even past that to 140 sometimes. So overall, it's normal if your macbook does get up to 130, but 130 right from the beginning? not too sure about that one.

Hmmmm the fact that you say it's ALWAYS at that temp. is kinda weird. Mine usually stays around high 90's low 100's for awhile until i use it for a few good hours and it'll go up to 130 and even past that to 140 sometimes. So overall, it's normal if your macbook does get up to 130, but 130 right from the beginning? not too sure about that one.

I meant when I use internet ^^;; When I first start it it's around 100s and then the minute I start the internet it will go up to 130-140.

Guest stargazer2190

I have a 13.3" Macbook that's 2 years old now. I would like to get an iMac 20" in the fall, is now a good time or should I wait? Will there be a faster processor chip coming out in the near future for Apple? I haven't been able to find out anything on that.

Guest eatadandelion

what do i do?!?! my camera green light is on, on my macbook.

i'm not even using it and it's on!!

i'm freakin out... what do i do?

please help me

that happens to me all the time, turn off your laptop and press the button on the battery

and turn it back on again and the green light should disappear.

Questions:

I am thinking about buying Time Capsule to back up my files since my Macbook crashed once already and I lost everything :(

Does anyone have it? If so, do you recommend it?

I am also debating whether to upgrade to Leopard or not since I have Tiger. Is Leopard worth the upgrade?

Guest Po1aris

I just got a macbook! and I already have a question.. to delete software and applications, there is no control panel thing like in windows xp right? do i just simply drag the folder of the software i want to delete into the trash can?

Guest stargazer2190

I just got a macbook! and I already have a question.. to delete software and applications, there is no control panel thing like in windows xp right? do i just simply drag the folder of the software i want to delete into the trash can?

Yup. Its super easy. Just drag the folder from applications into the trash.

Archived