Official: Koda Kumi Thread

Guest heechullie

Guest TrainDriver

damn, i just recently started listening to koda kumi, i like some of her songs. can any1 recommend me songs similar to himitsu and anytime?? i like that sort of style :)

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mi-yu-mi

my fav jpop singer :D

yay~ shes got a new single coming out!! I wonder what the song with Fergie will sound like... the covers are really pretty too. The short black hair looks good on Koda~

Guest mintchocopieee

I LOVE Koda Kumi~! She has such an amazing voice.

Her collaboration with Tohoshinki for LAST ANGEL was loooovveeee <3 Recently, I have an addiction to her songs "Kiseki" & "Gentle Words". :D

I wanna buy her latest album but... no money XD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest igli

Would someone please explain to me why people say she can sing :blink:

I mean PEOPLE C’MON she sounds like a 50 year old drunk transvestite who has been a smoker his whole entire life

what is so good about her voice WHAT!?!?!?!? because I for one don’t get it

and don’t try to say "well if her voice sucks why has she sold so many CDs’"

HELLO PEOPLE! she is acting like a richard simmons and I’m not saying she is one

but if you act like a richard simmons OF COURSE YOU ARE GOING TO SELL WHATEVER YOU ARE SELLING

so would someone please explain why do you like her voice so much because I don’t get it :blink:

Guest KaoriNeko

^That's really not necessary.

Kuu sells because people enjoy her songs, not just because of her "sluttiness". Yeah, she used to be sexy, but her things have been selling well without her sexy image? So she must be a good singer then, right? Her voice may not be the best, but she totally doesn't sound bad.

That Ain't Cool PV = blah.

That Ain't Cool song = hawt.

Guest TrainDriver

^^uhhh her voice is nice. i admit, i don't like the majority of koda kumi songs because i don't like the genre of songs (and that applies to all artists) but the few that i like, i think her voice is nice to listen to.

Guest 1337 Mudkipz

damn, i just recently started listening to koda kumi, i like some of her songs. can any1 recommend me songs similar to himitsu and anytime?? i like that sort of style :)

Birthday Eve and Cherry Girl

x)

Guest Death Note

Would someone please explain to me why people say she can sing :blink:

I mean PEOPLE C’MON she sounds like a 50 year old drunk transvestite who has been a smoker his whole entire life

what is so good about her voice WHAT!?!?!?!? because I for one don’t get it

and don’t try to say "well if her voice sucks why has she sold so many CDs’"

HELLO PEOPLE! she is acting like a richard simmons and I’m not saying she is one

but if you act like a richard simmons OF COURSE YOU ARE GOING TO SELL WHATEVER YOU ARE SELLING

so would someone please explain why do you like her voice so much because I don’t get it :blink:

YOU JUST JEALOUS!!! :rolleyes:

Guest kjmusicfan_1

REQUEST

Does anyone have the translation of Lady Go!?

I need it urgently!

Thanks!

Regarding Koda Kumi:

Like stated before by someone - I didn't like Koda Kumi before for her er... over - the - top sexiness (I couldn't get past the first 30 or so seconds of Juicy PV) and used to absolutely hate her voice. I recently liked anytime, Moon Crying and Lady Go! and I think she's made an improvement in her singing. She isn't the best (like some of my favourites: BoA, TVXQ, Amuro Namie and Utada Hikaru) but she's still okay. I think she seems to have toned down the over-the-top sexiness now (after the controversial statement?). I couldn't understad either why everyone liked her so much and I tried her out after the Koda KumixDBSK collab. I think the reason people like her is her good music (gosh; she has the best backing tracks!).

Guest yukihira

I like MOON. It was a wonderful single in a while (Last I really loved was LAST ANGEL), all the songs were fantastic!

Look at this poll

Top 5: Singers with which most Japanese want to marry

01. Ai Otsuka

02. YUI

03. Koda Kumi

04. Ayumi Hamasaki

05. Namie Amuro

Guest Psychotic_x

REQUEST

Does anyone have the translation of Lady Go!?

I need it urgently!

Thanks!

Regarding Koda Kumi:

Like stated before by someone - I didn't like Koda Kumi before for her er... over - the - top sexiness (I couldn't get past the first 30 or so seconds of Juicy PV) and used to absolutely hate her voice. I recently liked anytime, Moon Crying and Lady Go! and I think she's made an improvement in her singing. She isn't the best (like some of my favourites: BoA, TVXQ, Amuro Namie and Utada Hikaru) but she's still okay. I think she seems to have toned down the over-the-top sexiness now (after the controversial statement?). I couldn't understad either why everyone liked her so much and I tried her out after the Koda KumixDBSK collab. I think the reason people like her is her good music (gosh; she has the best backing tracks!).

Well.. Kuu hasn't been over the top sexy in ages now..

even before the whole controversial statement....

But alot of people like Koda Kumi cause of her voice, her music and her image...

Her image, while it is risky and could be offensive to some, was unique and daring....

Her whole image was based around women being independent...

If you notice is some of clips, she's pushing men around and what not...

Thats hwy shes got a strong female fanbase....

But I love Kuu cause her music is awesome! and her voice great too...

She's nothing liekt he rest of Japan who have high voices....

And shes an awersome performer.. she sounds great live!! =D

Archived