[movie Japan 2007] [upcoming] Mushishi / Bugmaster

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

ODAGIRI JOE, AOI YUU, ESUMI MAKIKO
mushishi.gif

Premiere at The 31st Hong Kong International Film Festival :rolleyes:

Dir : Otomo Katsuhiro Japan 2007 Colour 131mins

In the otherworldy intersection of the human and the spirit worlds, the Mushi are mystical creatures detectable only by bugmasters like Ginko. who travels from village to village setting the Mushi's misdeeds right. Also involved is Tanyu, another master with a complex connection to Ginko, his silver hair, and missing eye. Eerie, magical, and visually striking.... B)

SOURCE : MUSHISHI

looks interesting..plus odagiri jo :) esumi makiko's ok too...guess it'll be another few months before it comes out on dvd.

Guest JDWasabi

WAAAAAHA MUSHISHI MOOOVIIEEE~~~

I LOVE the anime; one of the most surreal and unusal anime i've ever seen. It's brilliant although some people might find it a bit slow moving since it's not a continuing story like other anime (i still love it; the art/music and story line is wonderful!) I must see the movie soon *spazzes*

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whoa! I never thought they would actually make a live-action movie for Mushishi! I really liked the anime so I hope this is good. And I can see Odagiri Jo really fitting this too.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched without subtitles and it was...okay. I think that if you've seen the anime, the movie's a bit of a disappointment. The CG is really nice when they use it but the storyline is pretty unoriginal. They didn't stray at all from the anime. I feel like there could have been ...more to it I guess. It just doesn't feel solid.

Overall, it was enjoyable to watch but nowhere near as much as the anime.

--fatsoko

Archived