[Drama 2002] Winter Sonata (겨울연가)

Guest dashuu

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminiscing Winter Love Song

source : www.tour2korea.com

These beautiful places have been an icon in Korean's tourism. Because of the success of Winter Love Song these places generated a number of tourists.

[Namiseom Island - Snow Falling of Winter Sonata]

This island is the location where many scenes were shot. A leisurely walk around the island will take approximately 2~3 hours. Many visitors opt for biking part way. Bicycles can be rented at the administrative office located near the center of the island. There is a small farm area on the island with many ostriches, which are free to roam the island on days when there aren't many visitors. It's fun to race the ostriches while riding bicycles, but don't plan on winning unless you have legs of steel. Summer tourists can enjoy boating around the island, but fall is certainly the loveliest time of year here.

nami01.jpg

nami02.jpg

nami03.jpg

nami04.jpg

nami05.jpg

nami06.jpg

nami07.jpg

nami08.jpg

nami09.jpg

Guest Gummi Bear

thank you for all the pictures of Namiseom Island. Brought back great memories of this classic drama. My favorite scenes of this drama were mostly located there- where they first kiss, riding the bicycle, playing with the snow...

These beautiful places have been an icon in Korean's tourism. Because of the success of Winter Love Song these places generated a number of tourists.

[Yongpyong Resort]

yong01.jpg

yong02.jpg

yong03.jpg

yong04.jpg

yong05.jpg

yong06.jpg

yong07.jpg

yong08.jpg

yong09.jpg

Choongang High School

school.jpg

Choongang High School was established in Seoul in 1910. This school is the set for the scenes during the casts high school days. In actuality this school is an all boys'school. The show was filmed here during the school's winter break.

Daehangno

hotel.jpg

10 years after the supposed death of Jun-sang, Yu-jin is on the way to her engagement party when she a see a man who looks just like her first love, Jun-sang. She tries her best to follow him around the streets, not realizing that so much time had passed, she end up missing her own engagement party.

Seoul Plaza Hotel

daehgkro.jpg

Min-hyeong (Jun-sang) checks into this hotel for an extended period of time. It is just outside this hotel where Min-hyeong is in his second car accident which brings back all of his memories.

Oedo Island

oedo.jpg

The two lovers are reunited for the final time at the house that Min-hyeong built for Yu-jin. The house is on the picturesque island of Oedo.

Guest polaris

Oh, wow. Winter Sonata. One of the very best dramas, I have to say.

People compare the 3 season dramas to one another, but I personally think that although they're part of the same trilogy, they're all individuals. I loved Autumn Tales, and Summer Scent, but that didn't stop me from liking Winter Sonata to my fullest extent.

I LOVED this drama... Although it lagged in the middle, the storyline and scenery were great, the OST was amazing, and of course, who can forget the awesome acting?? No matter how many times I watch it, it always gives me this "dreamy" feel. Bah, I love this drama. :D

definitely agree~ the chemistry of this drama, plot, and an awesome cast made it one of a kind. After WS, many dramas tried to copy its style but none came close to it. So, I declare that this drama was like a blue moon..rare and magical ^_^

NG VODs & Shooting Clips of WLS

compiled by clarice in www.foreverbyj.com

[VOD]《冬季戀歌》NG片段及拍攝花絮

NG 1

路徑:

mms://wms03.aii.co.jp/sonata/go/04eng1yn.asf

NG 2

mms://wms03.aii.co.jp/sonata/go/03eng13n.wmv

NG 3

mms://wms03.aii.co.jp/sonata/go/01eng11c.wmv

NG 4

mms://wms03.aii.co.jp/sonata/go/02eng12.wmv

NG 5

mms://wms03.aii.co.jp/sonata/mk/03m1kng3n.wmv

NG 6

mms://wms03.aii.co.jp/sonata/mk/02m1kng2.asf

NG 7

mms://wms03.aii.co.jp/sonata/mk/01m1kng1c.asf

NG 8

mms://wms03.aii.co.jp/sonata/mk/05m1kng5.asf

NG 9

mms://wms03.aii.co.jp/sonata/mk/04m1kngyn.wmv

NG 10

mms://wms03.aii.co.jp/sonata/mk/06m1kng69.wmv

[VOD+PHOTOS] A Romantic & Beautiful Scene in WLS

source : www.foreverbyj.com

" ???? " ???????

mmst://211.233.92.37/vod/2tv/drama_winterlove/best/best18-04_m.asf

?????????? :

18_08.jpg

18_09.jpg

s_12.jpg

s_13.jpg

18_10.jpg

18_11.jpg

18_12.jpg

s_14.jpg

18_14.jpg

s_16.jpg

definitely agree~ the chemistry of this drama, plot, and an awesome cast made it one of a kind. After WS, many dramas tried to copy its style but none came close to it. So, I declare that this drama was like a blue moon..rare and magical ^_^

I confirm your declaration. This drama is so awesome. As a matter of fact, I am currently watching this drama. I am so glad to hear that other acknowledge that it is indeed an rare and magical drama. This is at least the 10th time I have watched it and I can't believe how much it just make me feel awwww.

This is the drama that got me hooked! Thanks for starting this thread!

BTW - Does else anyone enjoy the fashion parade of coats and scafes as much as I do? It's really cool.

Guest frances

from Yomiuri Shimbum Japan

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/features/arts/...112TDY15003.htm

musical6eq.jpg

photo taken from http://www.wintersonata-m.com/

Musical 'Winter Sonata' takes to stage in Sapporo

Satoshi Tabata / Yomiuri Shimbun Staff Writer

The popular South Korean TV drama Fuyu no Sonata (Winter Sonata) is now being performed as a stage musical in Sapporo with actors, actresses and backstage staff all from South Korea. The show is due to be performed again during this year's Sapporo Snow Festival in February, and then every year until 2010 as part of the popular annual event showcasing snow and ice sculptures.

The performance is in Korean with Japanese subtitles.

The TV melodrama starring Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo ignited a craze for South Korean drama in Japan after the series was broadcast here. The drama also drew attention for its extensive use of beautiful snowy landscapes.

Im Tae Kyung, a well-known South Korean opera singer, and Go Young Bin, who performed at Shiki Theater Company in Japan for two years, will alternate playing the lead role that Bae--known as "Yon-sama" to his legions of Japanese fans--made famous in the televised version.

Im, who had been to Hokkaido for skiing in the past, said it immediately made sense to him when he heard the musical was to be staged in Sapporo. "I think the town's snowy image sits well with Winter Sonata," he said.

Speaking of the great popularity of the television series in Japan, Im said he wanted to use the pressure of stepping into such a famous role to produce his best-ever performance.

"I want to put on the perfect musical, unhindered by the popularity of the original," Go concurred.

The musical was created at the suggestion of Yun Seok Ho, who directed the television drama. Yun told the Sapporo Junior Chamber Inc. about his pet idea of making the drama into a musical after he was asked by the chamber to make a film with Sapporo as the backdrop. The chamber made the request as part of a drive to attract film and stage productions to Sapporo.

Yun and the chamber agreed to put on the musical during the Sapporo Snow Festival for the next five years. The chamber also decided to financially support the musical by establishing a fund to promote film and stage productions in the city.

Yoshihiro Aizawa, who heads the fund, said it was created in response to tourists who came to Sapporo only to be disappointed by the limited number of sightseeing spots in the area.

"Sapporo will become a more attractive place to visit if we are able to make a film with the famous Sapporo Clock Tower as the backdrop, for example," he said. "I hope the musical will take hold in the city and run for many years since cultural events were something the snow festival had lacked."

Aizawa added that a plan to make a film of Winter Sonata was also being drawn up.

The musical was produced by Yun, who serves as general artistic director for the stage version. South Korean actors and actresses other than Im and Go were chosen through audition.

"The television series succeeded in conveying a powerful sense of sorrow. But a musical version opens up new possibilities for conveying the fun side of the tale," Im said. "It will be fun to look for differences between the television series and the musical. The audience will also be able to enjoy great dancing in the musical."

The musical is expected to tour to Tokyo and other parts of Japan as well as South Korea.

"Fuyu no Sonata" will be staged until Jan.13 and Feb. 6-9 at Sapporo Education and Culture Hall in Sapporo, (011) 271-5821.

Jan. 12, 2006

nae cheot sarang!! :wub:

this is a Classic.i never fail to revisit THAT winter again and again.this drama has a very,very special place in my heart,and i found myself 'yearning' for it from time to time,and i'll always make sure i'll rewatch it whenever i'm missing it.i cant exactly describe how beautiful the experiece of watching Winter Sonata for the first time was for me.it has been years ago but i still remember it like it was yesterday.it has such a melancholic and mesmerizing quality to it..every single scene ,every lines uttered ,all the music ,they were and still are so special to me.Jun Sang and Yoo Jin was so memorable and so was their love story.i used to have tonnes and tonnes of pics and vid clips of Winter Sonata on my old PC,but now sadly they are all gone and i only have but a few of them that i managed to save. :tears: but nvm i know i'll always love Winter Sonata.glad to know this thread is here :)

Guest flowerock

WS is still my favourite drama. Everything is so beautiful about this drama especially the main actor and actress. Ihave never seen a more beautiful couple-BYJ and CJW, love them both alot.

Archived