How Do You Look After... Makeup?

Guest sushiwhore

Guest Petite_Mal

O.O O.O >.< O.O 'O.O' ''O.O'' "O.O";;;;

that super-powdered face with the blood-red lips curving into a white smile...

let's just say Nurse from 'Rape of Nanking'.

your features are really well-proportioned, so all that makeup seems really unnecessary.

foundation, powder, liner, lip-liner, lipstick????

it's a makeup routine from the 90's. for fifty year old ladies. EMBRACE YOUR YOUTH AND BEAUTY.

your face is oval, slim, with perfect skin and a gorgeous nose. even your ears are pretty!

ditch the makeup routine ... it's terrifying and stupefying when you're already beautiful.

and the eyeliner with the single eyelids.....

don't take this badly, but if the only difference was double eyelids, you could go into hollywood with your perfect features.

Thanks for the compliment. :) But... not to sound like an over sensitive jerk here, but this is a thread about what you look like with make up on. So, it's kind of strange to be chastened for posting pictures... where I have make up on.

Also, just to clarify a few things and explain what I USUALLY use for anyone interested:

I wear philosophy's Supernatural Mineral make up, which shouldn't give a "super powdered" look at all (hence, the "natural" in the name). I think that picture came out kind of strangely (I've been criticized for the way I look in it already by another soompier in this thread, so I'm going to go ahead and assume it IS as scary as the other girl said) because of using flash. Mineral makeup + flash creates a fake porcelain doll look for me, and always makes my teeth look glaringly white too. I've got a pretty big mouth. :X

I use Isa Knox lip liner and blend with clear or slightly tinted lip gloss. My mouth/lips are kind of big and naturally rather pink, so I try not to over accentuate them.

Next, I generally go for neutral, pinkish beige tones for eye shadow, but more often than not I don't use any at all. I DO actually have double eyelids, but as you can tell (since you couldn't tell :lol:) they are pretty small. Blending shadows so it looks okay is too time consuming for me most of the time.

I use Benefit's Babe Cakes (a power form of eyeliner that you add water to. Kind of mix between pencil and liquid) and follow my lash line, extending it at the end. When I'm not smiling, the little extension looks fine as it accentuates the upward curve of my eyes:

Photo21.jpg

Finally, I blend white shadow to the inner bottom corners of my eyes, and add some mascara.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest efflorescence

l_8cfa861c108d3e516dcab3ce190588f4.jpg

without^

You look like you've shaded your eyebrows a little in that picture.

But nonetheless! you look uber cute! :D

Guest OoOitzCathyOoO

Most asian girls don't wear that much make-up so

there isn't a big difference. Just an enhancement.

Guest demisweet

^ Ooo, you're hot!

Makeup is a funny thing - you can totally tell someone's personality by the way they wear colours!

Guest SilentDream

Here's without makeup (my skin looks nice coz of the lighting but really its not nice in life ^^;;) Ok well I'm wearing some gloss in these...

ea08813e.jpg

ea088147.jpg

With (the lighting is weird in the 2nd one so my hair color looked fake...)

ea08815d.jpg

ea08814d.jpg

Older pic with more makeup on...

eb285786.jpg

Guest sushiwhore

UG SilentDream your gorgeous too T_T wth is up with this T_T

o_o you look different in ever picture cuz of the hair and stuff but in all of them you lok so pretty =O

Guest Ella_Kwan

awww..thanks..thats really nice of you. I bought my Evian products at a local shopper's drug mart/pharmaprix (in canada). they're in the same price range as biotherm but work better. :) i trust evian hehehe

u mean how i did my makeup and all? well, here are the steps:

1.right after u finished washing your face (dry it gently with a towel), spray the thermal water on your face

2.apply some shiseido lotion (i fan my face with my hands, feels really good, like a morning breeze tahaha)

3.apply a bit of evian moisturizer to keep your face supple (kinda like a base for the makeup o_O)

4.apply the concealer with the brush only where needed (i applied it under my eyes to cover the "bags", around the mouth area and thats about it)

5.apply the pressed powder evenly on your face (great to remove shine and oiliness)

6.instead of using an eye liner, i just used a basic brown eye shadow and applied it along the lash line (dont draw the tail yet)

7.apply 1 layer of cils booster, fan it for about 3 seconds, re-apply another layer

8.this time, dont let it dry and apply the mascara right away. u can apply how much u want, but i recommend max 2 layers

9.once the mascara is fully dried, NOW you can curl your lashes, dont pull too hard, you're gonna pluck some off (i know all the other girls curl their lashes BEFORE the mascara, but i do it after, and i get better results, u just have to be really careful)

10.now draw the tail with the brown eye shadow. also put a little shawdow at the outer corner of the eye, just to give it a smoother finish for the tail.

11.use the white eye shadow to highlight the inner corner of the eye and on the bottom, sweep the shadow until the middle of your eye (this should give you brighter eyes, and bigger also)

12.last step is the blush. use the brush to SLIGHTLY sweep accross the cheekbone

EDIT.

i forgot to say how i filled my brows

1.i used the cils booster to brush your brows into a nice shape, dont put too much!

2.used the brown eye shadow to draw on the brows..i think this makes it look more natural then a pencil

3.use a q-tip to remove excess (like if its too dark or something)

ughhh i hope u understand. i just do it naturally, but when i have to put what i do into words...gets kinda complicated it! :( hope it helps

o0o0.... okay thank you soo much!!

now i must buy the supplys & try! lol thank u!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest yabbadabba

Wow everyone looks soo pretty with and without makeup :) . I would NEVER post my pic without makeup; it's scary.

I don't know why some people (cough cough) are being so judgemental about the way people are doing their makeup. different people like different styles it dosen't mean it is "terrifying" just because it isn't your thing.

I think you all look gorgeous!! :lol:

Guest tis a wonderful life

without:

DSCF4675-1.jpg

with:

DSCF5053.jpg

obviously not much difference. on everyday basis, if i wear makeup, it tends to be very light, shimmery copper or pink for the most part

Guest CloudyDays

no makeup just chapstick:

nomakeup.jpg

forgive me my makeup isnt perfect i did this whole look in about 5 minutes :crazy:

makeup1.jpg

makeup.jpg

Archived