From Straight To Curly

Guest takki_fanatic

Guest 정유미

-is it hard to take care of curly hair, like getting it to look the way you wanted?

not really... if your hair was curled the exact way you want it, it shouldn't be that hard to style...

-when you get it curled, did it turn out the way you expected? better or worse? or does it even look like the style you wanted?

actually, i didn't like it at first.. the curls were like soooo much bigger than i had expected (i only had the ends of my hair permed) so when i went to school the next day, i tied my hair into a half ponytail. but when i hung it loose for a while to redo the ponytail, my classmates saw it and said it looked nice..:) so i guess it kinda grew on me...^^

-what hair products do you use for your hair now?

i cut off the curly part of my hair about a year ago already, but back then i just used regular shampoo rofl..

-is it often to have bad haired days with curly hair? LOL

nope. see, that's what i think the good side is to getting your hair permed.. you never have to worry about bad hair days.. for me, my hair was just a wash-and-wear thing..i've had really straight hair all my life, and i've had troubles fixing it but when i got my hair permed, i don't even have to comb it as much!xD

-and if you got your hair permanently curled like i'm planning to do, how long did it stay curled?

i had permed hair for a month and got tired of it, so i chopped the ends off so i wouldn't really know how long it would stay curled lest i allowed it to grow. sorry :)

-any other tips or pointers? (:

chances are, you wouldn't get the kind of perm that's in the picture.. but i think that's a safe look because if you don't want it, you can just cut the ends like i did...i say go for it anyways.. :)

Guest double_u

-is it hard to take care of curly hair, like getting it to look the way you wanted?

-when you get it curled, did it turn out the way you expected? better or worse? or does it even look like the style you wanted?

-what hair products do you use for your hair now?

-is it often to have bad haired days with curly hair? LOL

-and if you got your hair permanently curled like i'm planning to do, how long did it stay curled?

-any other tips or pointers? (:

hey.

1) yeah, i was only 15 at the time... i didn't really have exact expectations when i said i wanted perm waves. it looked pretty good. I sat in the salon for 6 hours... that was brutal. very brutal indeed. I remember getting my roots dyed and hair thinned out... I had long hair + thick hair. after that was over, the chemical process began. i remember getting my hair washed like FIVE TIMES. they put my hair in these curlers and used chemicals on it.. then let it sit for awhile, then washed it out. then some other stuff happened.. don't remember the details..i remember explicitly the helper guy taking out these rollers and my hair was UBER TIGHT CURLS. he said dun worry, we're not finished yet. then he hooked me up to this octopus like machine and it was kinda scary. i felt like a monster ahaha. oooo... now that i think of it... he hung my hair up with that octopus thing so that it loosened up from its tightness. =D end result: long wavy hair

2) just hair gel, don't get the hard kind, use the styling kind. sometimes i didn't even use hair products.

3) hm... nope. never did have a bad hair day. my hair's not the type to frizz.

4) the curl was permanent. i chopped it off 7 months later. got reeeeeally tired of it hahaha..

5) for you... I would get side swept bangs, I think you'd look more chic. oh and permanent hair styling like perm curls, they really damage your hair! heres what happened: a couple months after i got it done, the ends would split like CRAZY. I think i counted like 9 splits on 1 strand of hair. the tips of my hair were always prone to breakage =( there would be like.. a dot. the dot indicated breakage and as i suspected, it could bend at a 90 degree angle at the dot and snap off if i tugged at it.

well pm me if you have more questions =P i reply faster that way

Guest devils_ear

I permed my hair last year. But because my hair is sooooooooo thin, the style like only held for about 2 weeks. Lol, my hair is wavier now than before, but if u lift the top layer of hair off...the bottom is like dead straight. But I actually like it like this.

If you dun want it to be too wavy....I say curl it with a curling iron. At the sides of ur face, curl it away from ur face and then like do whatever with the backs. Then dun spray it with hairspray. Leave it until it uncurls to the point that u like it and then spray away

that's how i usually do mine

Archived