Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest xyzebra

Hi all,
I am a first time poster and long time lurker. Thought you guys might enjoy the following pictures of Kang Dong Won from his most recent High Cut editorial. Enjoy ;)
99fd9455b3cac5893275dc56f10d02fa_troiU2x99fd9455b3cac5893275dc56f10d02fa_N1AoGOj99fd9455b3cac5893275dc56f10d02fa_qePNSuZ99fd9455b3cac5893275dc56f10d02fa_XX8lkTi

Hi @xyzebra thanks for the awesome picture updates.... Can you please let us know as well where the pictures were taken and is there any interviews????? Would love to know what KDW opinions were ???

Hi everyone......its seems Ms Park was at the Kundo Premiere :) This is what she tweeted: 군도. 시사회. 그동안 편집본도 기술시사회도 마다하고 꾹꾹 참았다가 본 보람이 있네 ,,, 아아 시나리오보다 훨 재밌쒀 ,,, #군도 화이팅 !!! 조윤은 더더더 화이팅 !!!! Can anyone translate please :)

@ LynneL Ms park wanted to see Gundo but she refused to attend to see the edited one of gundo and attend techcical preview of gundo. And that was rewarding, Ah Ah movie Gundo is much more interesting than scenario of Gundo. Fighting Gundo! much more fighting! Jo-yoon! Sorry I am not good at English.

Kang Dong-won's word of appreciation

photo461287.jpg

Actor Kang Dong-won talked about the story behind "My Brilliant Life".

He had an interview with style magazine "High Cut". The photo shoot was done along the coast of a village in Spain. The oceanic view supported Kang Dong-won's good looks and his unreal body figure.

Kang Dong-won talked about the movie "KUNDO : Age of the Rampant" which is due for release soon. "My role in this movie is action. If an actor does well in a commercial action movie, there's a lot more he can do. Then I have to be better than the action team and that was my goal".

About Jeong Doo-hong being the best swordsman as a Korean action director, Kang Dong-won said, "That might not be true because there's Choi Min-sik. Of course we practiced a lot and the guy who helped us practice said it's about time we actually try to cut some sheaves of rice".

When Kang Dong-won was asked, "What was your most heart-thumping moment?" He answered, "It was when I was filming "KUNDO : Age of the Rampant". I never cry after a movie, but the director put on a montage of videos and pictures. I cried watching that".

He talked about "My Brilliant Life" after "KUNDO : Age of the Rampant". Kang Dong-won appears in "My Brilliant Life" as a young father who raises a son with progeria. Song Hye-kyo stars in the movie, too. Kang Dong-won said, "Song Hye-kyo had already been cast for the movie and had heard she was going to do this. I asked for the scenario, thinking it'd be fun, then ended up here. I'd like to thank the actress who made this possible".

Kang Dong-won's interview can be seen in the 130th issue of "High Cut".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...

www.hancinema.net/kang-dong-won-s-word-of-appreciation-71269.html?
  • Like 1

Guest xyzebra

@LynneL, see rubylia's post for the general answers to your questions. :) 
To be more specific about the location, the unidentified coastal village in the translated article is possibly Tarragona, Spain. Remnants of ancient Roman architecture in Tarragona are similar to those found in the background of the editorial. Thus, if my guess is correct, KDW must have ambled along the old city walls while licking that ice cream cone. :D 
On Naver, where the editorial was trending earlier, the top five comments (with an average of 800 upvotes each) all touched on KDW's good looks. In short, just know that our boy is well loved by K-netizens! 

class="title_sec" style="font-size: 28px; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(39, 41, 42); line-height: 34px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia, 돋움, Dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Sneak peak of Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-kyo revealed
Upcoming film still photos of the "Pit-a-Pat My Life" starring Actor Kang Dong-Won and South Korean actress Song Hye-kyo were revealed Tuesday.  The sought-after stars are playing husband and wife in the film, which Will Kick off in September. 
20140715001456_0.jpg
Based on the best-selling book of novelist Kim Ae-ran, the film portrays the lives of parents and their son Teenage Suffering from progeria.  Kang Will Play a 33-year-Old Father with son while a 16-year-Old Will Song play a 17-year-old mother who once dreamed of becoming an idol but ended up getting pregnant at an early age.  
20140715001457_0.jpg
The film is attracting a great deal of attention by featuring the two stars, who were mired in a love scandal last May. Rumors that they are dating surfaced in May after they were sighted together in Paris. But they dispelled the Rumor, saying that their trip to the Romantic City was solely for a photo Shoot. Ock By Hyun-ju (laeticia.ock heraldcorp.com) 

• Like 1

class="entry-title" style="font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 22px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; direction: ltr; color: rgb(194, 162, 111); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"Loving Father Kang Dong-won & Caring Mother Song Hye-kyo, Still Photos of ‘My Palpitating Life’ Releasedmovie_image-5.jpg
<My Palpitating Life> is the movie version of the novel of the same name written by writer Kim Ae-ran. Still photos of the movie have been released. Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-kyo will show different sides of them by playing new characters.
Movie <My Palpitating Life> is a story of young parents who had children only when they were 17 years old. It is also about the oldest son who is 17 years old but has a 80 year old body. Kang Dong-won plays father ‘Dae-soo’ and Song Hye-kyo plays mother ‘Mi-ra’.
Another famous actor will be on the movie. Baek Ii-seop, who recently attracted much attention by staring in variety show ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’. He plays ‘Mr. Jang’, a friend of ‘Ah-reum’, the son of Dae-soo and Mi-ra, adding fun to the movie.
<My Palpitating Life> is a special story of the son who suffers from progeria and ages faster than his young parents. The movie will be touching and funny enough to move the viewers with interesting characters and attractive characters and moving stories.
<My Palpitating Life> will be released before the Chuseok holiday in September.movie_image-1.jpg
Mi-ra (Song Hye-kyo) is proud of her song Ah-reum
movie_image-2.jpg
Dae-soo (Kang Dong-won)
movie_image-3.jpg
Dae-soo, Mi-ra and Ah-reum are talking in the hospital room
movie_image-4.jpg
 Dae-soo is talking to his son

Written by Han Jihee, Photography by ZIPCINEMA, Translated by Lee Sarah
get it K | July 15 2014

• Like 1

Guest AnJilaah

More KDW photos to complete the day. These are all from his interview all released this July 16, 2014 :x
1405485002554_1_153532_99_20140716163003

1405485011100_1_153346_99_20140716163003

1405484994492_1_153638_99_20140716163003

MORE

2014071615104732363_1_99_20140716160202.
AKR20140716168100005_01_i_99_20140716165
htm_20140716162440c010c011_99_2014071616
htm_20140716161527c010c011_99_2014071616
20140716_1405485536_15073100_1_99_201407
201407161443091110_3.jpg
201407161443091110_2.jpg
201407161443091110_1.jpg
20140716_1405485533_70083200_1_99_201407
201407161417775145_53c630720179d_99_2014

Photo Credit: as tagged via naver

'KUNDO' Ha Jung Woo highly compliments Kang Dong Won for his efforts20140715012622_53c404ae9d861_1.jpg
Ha Jung Woo highly complimented Kang Dong Won for his efforts.

On July 14th, press conference and media premiere of movie 'KUNDO : The Age of Rampant' was held at Mega Box COEX branch.

In the film, Ha Jung Woo and Kang Dong Won each played as a citizen named Do Chi, and an aristocrat named Cho Yoon.

Regarding Kang Dong Won, Ha Jung Woo said, "Kang Dong Won participated in this film with a huge passion, and he was the first one who began physical training for this film."

He went on, "Cho Yoon is a fabulous martial artist, and I did my best to think that Kang Dong Won is Cho Yoon. Kang Dong Won did his best, and it was quite difficult to match him."

Kang Dong Won said, "I actually envied Ha Jung Woo for playing his character, and I really wanted to try playing as Do Chi as well. Every shooting was full of fun."

Meanwhile, 'KUNDO : The Age of Rampant' will be officially released on July 23rd.
/Reporting by Noh I-seul en@starnnews.com

Hi @AnJilaah ....thank you for the awesome picture......................if only i was in Korea and was Korean....i would buy all his mags.  :P 
By the way...can anyone please translate his interviews and share with us what he had to say.....the  pictures are awesome but i want to know what he had said as well....please please  ^:)^

Gang Dong-Won & Song Hye-Gyo are the parent of a 16-year old son? ‘Pit-a-Pat My Life’ release on September

10274_1.jpg
Pit-a-Pat My Life’(directed by Lee Jae-Yong) is confirmed to release. In this film, actor Gang Dong-Won and Song Hye-Gyo first-ever take the role of a dad and mom. ‘Pit-a-Pat My Life’ which will be released on September revealed the still photos of the upcoming film. 
The still photo revealed by the film company contains Korea representative beautiful man and woman Gang Dong-Won and Song Hye-Gyo. In the film ‘Pit-a-Pat My Life’ which is based on a novel of the same title, written by Kim Ae-Ran, Gang Dong-Won and Song Hye-Gyo tooke the role of ‘Dae-Soo’ and ‘Mi-Ra’, the parent of a 16-year old son, and play their first-ever parent act. 
In addition, Baek Il-Seop who recently became issue through the entertain program ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ came back to screen after 7 years. He got the role of the parent’s son Areum’s friend and neighborhood grandpa Mr. Jang. T
he steal photo contains Gang Dong-Won who appears as Dae-Soo, a childish dad who has 16-year-old son when 33-year-old, and Song Hye-Gyo who appears as ‘Mi-Ra’, a young mom who once dreamed to become an idol but unexpectedly became a mom when 17-year-old. The harmony of Gang Dong-Won who is very protective of his son and Song Hye-Gyo who is confident and thoughtful mom is expected. 
[image=CJ Entertainment | credit Innolife]

class="content-title" Kang Dong Won Hits Up Spain for a Photo Shoot with “High Cut” 2 Kang Dong Won Hits Up Spain for a Photo Shoot with “High Cut”

Actor Kang Dong Won headed to Spain for a fashion spread with celebrity magazine “High Cut“.

The photo shoot took place in Catalonia, Spain, with the popular actor posing in front of various medieval ruins and sunny beaches. Formerly a model, Kang Dong Won showed his undeniable charm, pulling off various looks. 

During the interview for the spread, Kang Dong Won talked about his upcoming film “Kundo: Age of the Rampant” which will be opening on July 23. Kang Dong Won plays the villain of the film. He showed a dedicated, ambitious side to himself, saying, “my responsibility in this film is action. In a commercial action movie, you have to be good at action to have more scenes. My goal was to be even better than the action team.”

He also talked about how he became adapt at using the sword through the film. “Of course, I practiced a lot. The staff member who helped me with my action scenes said that I should try cutting a stack of hay with a real sword. He said I could probably do it.” 

The full photo shoot and interview with Kang Dong Won can be found in volume 130 of “High Cut”. 

kang dong won high cut 02kang dong won high cut 01kang dong won high cut 03kang dong won high cut 04

http://www.soompi.com/2014/07/16/kang-dong-won-hits-up-spain-for-a-photo-shoot-with-high-cut/

class="at_ttl"Kang Dong Won Talks About His Upcoming Movies

Kang Dong Won flies to Spain for a photo shoot with "High Cut."

During the interview, he talked about his upcoming movies of 2014, "Kundo: Age of the Rampant" and "My Palpitating Life."

On "Kundo," he said, "If an actor does well in an action production, a lot of opportunities will be made available for him. I was determined to do well in this movie. We practiced a lot of action scenes for this film."

Like Us on Facebook

When asked what the most touching moment about the movie is, he said, "I rarely get emotional when wrapping up a movie, but when the director showed us photos and videos during the filming, I cried watching it."

Kang Dong Won also shared his thoughts on his next movie "My Palpitating Life," in which he portrays a young father whose son is ill with Progeria, a genetic disease which speeds aging.

On his co-star Song Hye Gyo, he said, "Song Hye Gyo had already signed up for the movie before I was offered, so I became interested when I learned she was going to do it. I asked for the scenario because I was curious, and I liked the story, which brought me here."

He added, "I'd like to thank her for making my casting possible."

Kang Dong Won's full interview will be released in the 130th issue of "High Cut."

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/29055/20140716/kang-dong-won-talks-about-his-upcoming-movies.htm