Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

NEWS

The Ideal Young Korean Male

2007-06-28

koreandvdvcdbox9961la4.jpg

A plastic surgeon has published a composite image of the ideal male Korean face. Rhee Seung-chul, the head of plastic surgery at Hanil General Hospital, made the image from the faces of 16 Korean Wave stars. Rhee had earlier done the same thing for women by making a composite image of 19 female stars.

The ideal Korean male consists of bits and pieces from Kang Dong-won, kwon Sang-woo, Kim Rae-won, Mun Jeong-hyeok (Eric Moon), Bae Yong-joon, Jung Ji-hoon (Rain), Song Il-gook, Won Bin, Lee Wan, Jang Dong-gun, Jae Hee, Jo In-Seong, Jo Hyeon-jae, Ji Seong, Ji Jin-hee, and Hyeon Bin? all of them popular not only in Korea but in China and Japan as well. He analyzed their faces with a computer program called BAPA, for "balanced angular and proportional analysis". The result is a slim face with chiseled cheekbones and a clear chin, big eyes, a long nose and long, thin upper lip.

"According to the beauty theory that says the average of all the most preferred faces is the most beautiful, I made the new-generation handsome face by using the faces of stars that young Internet users like most", Rhee said.

source: http://www.chosun.com/

credit: http://www.hancinema.net

umm which piece of dongwon's? :sweatingbullets:

Guest syille

^ well.well.well...

oceanluv it's very interesting...ideal man huh??

but in my point of view still i don't like that man at all... haha...oops....don't know why..don't ask....hiks...

i prefer kdw lah.... :)

off the record i think that pic looks like song seung hun..... is that mean.....???!!! ;)

and ofcourse thangkyou 4 reuploading the kissing scene....

after watching it....ssrrrhhhhhttttt...... i want more.... :D oops.....

there were many kissing scenes he had in that series right?

hiks..hiks...really damm..i wanna crying i couldn't watch that drama..... he's so sweet in that scene...wishing so badly that he's not the bad guy in that drama....?

Guest dada_princess

Very nice poses as follows, i love Dongwonie's expression in the 3rd photo...just like an angel though this word's dedicated to describing female ones.

607.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Guest syille

^

yeah...i visited already... cute....good gitakawaii........

btw about the hot chli paper 200707 i would like add 1 more...

:) small but still in the same occasion... (i think..maybe..hehe....)

is this has been posted before?? i don't know...but if... it is....sorry... :blush:

oht20070204175827018ase8.jpg

Guest Airine Pratama

Hi i'm just here to greet everyone and thank for the pictures and info ... ^^ I really really enjoy them.

Oh have i posted about Voice of Murderer?

I got to watch it last week ... And i really like the movie. So emotional esp toward the end.

Guest Airine Pratama

Most Beautiful Entertainers in the eyes of professional

htm_200706291050130201000002010200-001.jpg

People who spent the most time with entertainers are none other than those staff members involved in the various media and film industries. So in their eyes, who is the most beautiful entertainer in Korea?

A Korean media (JES Entertainment Team) carried out a survey on 143 staff members from the entertainment industries from 19th to 28th this month, on “Best Face”, “Best Body” and “Best Overall Looks” of Korean entertainers. The respondents of the survey comprise of staff from various fields of the entertainment industry - planning, production, filming, promotion, marketing, managers etc. They each nominated 3 male and 3 female entertainers for each of the above 3 survey questions.

The titles “Best Overall Looks” male and female entertainer chosen by these entertainment people were taken by Jang Dong Gun and Jeon Ji Hyun. This survey also showed that the judgment of professional staff members and the pubic are the same.

“Best Face” Male and Female Entertainer – Jang Dong Gun, Kim Tae Hee

Jang Dong Gun took the title with an overwhelming majority of 92 votes. No.2 is Won Bin (51 votes), No .3 is Jo Ing Sung (50 votes).

The 150 people who took part in the survey could nominate 3 nominees for this category. Majority of them chose Jang Dong Gun who eventually took No 1 title with 92 votes. Nobody has any objection to this result.

In Korean entertainment circle, ‘Handsome Man= Jang Dong Gun’. Jang Dong Gun has already been 'officially' known as 'sculpture-like handsome man' Especially in movies ‘Chingu’ and ‘Typhoon’, Jang Dong Gun’s unique charisma became more prominent through the villain roles he played and more people came to like him.

In the female entertainer sections, Kim Tae Hee got the highest votes with 69 votes and took the “Best Face” title. Following closely behind her is Song Hye Kyo with 44 votes and Han Ga In with 42 votes. Kim Hee Sun was at No 4 (20 votes), Lee Young Ae No.6 (19 votes), Ko So Young No.8 (11 votes).

Jung Seung-hye, CEO of Morning Pictures that produced movie such as ‘Radio Star’ commented that “Among the male entertainers, Jang Dong Gun, Kang Dong Won and Jo In Sung are real handsome men. As for female entertainers, actress like Son Ye Jin is very outstanding.”

Director Yun Je-gyun who has directed movies such as ‘Sex is Zero’ and 'Miracle on 1st Street' also commented that “ Jang Dong Gun, Won Bin and Jung Woo Sung are all very charismatic actors and with great potential.”

Guest dada_princess

No wonder about Dongwonnie's charisma in terms of either his outlook and acting. But it sounds a little bit strange that Song Hye Kyo was put aside in this survey result. i think she's really gorgeous. KDW and SHK should appear in a movie towards.

Guest syille
No wonder about Dongwonnie's charisma in terms of either his outlook and acting. But it sounds a little bit strange that Song Hye Kyo was put aside in this survey result. i think she's really gorgeous. KDW and SHK should appear in a movie towards.
do you mean, they play in the same movie?yeah...totally agree with you... :sweatingbullets:
Hi i'm just here to greet everyone and thank for the pictures and info ... ^^ I really really enjoy them.Oh have i posted about Voice of Murderer?I got to watch it last week ... And i really like the movie. So emotional esp toward the end.
yes.... you should Airine, please..... :)btw thanks 4 the news....three of them are kdw's friends right...hehe...so......no.4 should be kdw....oops....

Most Beautiful Entertainers in the eyes of professional

Airine, miss you much...thanks for the news...

may i add more pics related news

Best Face:

htm20070629105013020100qx3.jpg

^

Syille, you guessed correctly...no.4 is kdw...hehe

and Best Overall Looks:

htm20070629110445020100ws7.jpg

^

kdw no.6

but Best Body, no kdw in it... :vicx:

credit: nicemao

yes I would love to see a SHG and KDW movie.... :sweatingbullets:

Guest syille

Airine, miss you much...thanks for the news...

may i add more pics related news

Best Face:

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/8686/htm2...13020100qx3.jpg

^

Syille, you guessed correctly...no.4 is kdw...hehe

and Best Overall Looks:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4370/ht...45020100ws7.jpg

^

kdw no.6

but Best Body, no kdw in it... :vicx:

credit: nicemao

Cooooool.............

:)

Guest ripgal

I just rewatched Duelist a few days ago..and altho I've seen it 3 times, it still left me with a very deep impression. I just couldn't get over the beauty of this movie. And I just got to knw that KDW actually debuted in 2003, I was soooo surprised! That's like 4 years ago..and I already think he's one of the best actors out there, one of which I think his acting is up to par with Lee Jung Jae..cos both of them have amazing eye acting skills. Definitely one of the very few actors which has an overall package of the looks, talent and whatnot, voice too.. dang..:wub:

I wish there were more videos of him on youtube..>.<