Anyone Else Miss A Lot Of School?

Guest Tearlessj

Guest cbxjenn

most.. i would say like 2-3days in a row but it was in elem school.

this year ive probably missed only 3 total. i dont skip much because

if i do, the makeup work in my honor classes are brutal.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend has hemophilia, so he misses like every other day of school. Something about the treatment for hemophilia killing off his white blood cells, so his immune system is low, and he gets sick like crazy...

But yea, my parents won't let me "miss" school, so I've never been gone for more than 2-3 times a year.

Guest tavia_21

yo we're not the only ones richard! lol maybe it's an asian thing. there's some ppl who missed a month straight like me :-D haha ok. thanks for showing this thread, i feel a LOT better now. maybe u should ask ppl if they ever got caught with a forged doctor's note :( lol

Guest kissmaiazz89

after i entered senior yr i missed 15 days of school total and had 1 late arrival and 2 early dismissals, i say im doin just fine for a senior compared to the others at my school lol

but if seniors want to do this thing called community studies, we can only have 36 excused cards...i know its stupid~-.-;;;

Guest ookikioo

O___O. i never miss school. A EA (excessive-absence) at my school is 9, and after 9 later in the year you get sent to this conference where the school board reviews you and decided if you should pass the grade or not. also, i dont miss school just cause you miss a lot if you miss school >__<.

Guest chocolateturtle

I've only missed 3 days of school since freshman year till now..(senior) that was because of a really bad flu and I consider 3 a lot due to block schedule of our school.

Guest snoopy

in my school...

6 tardies = detention

8 tardies = saturday detention

10 tardies = suspension?

i had 5 tardies so far.

12 absences are maximum in one school year

i had 7 so far. [with one excused absence]

i had 12 absences in my first period class so if i'm absent one more, i can't graduate.

oh the joy.

there goes my senior cut day!

Guest `Nivek

I use to miss alot of school. Haha it started off as just like one class every now and then. Ex: I'd go to school when 2nd period started or I'd leave early and miss 7th period. Then it gradually turned into all-day cuts haha and then all-week cuts. :ph34r:

My most in a quarter was 37 for one class which was pretty much the WHOLE quarter haha. Ah freshmen year so easy.

Guest photodaisy

Our school gives us ten 'free' days which is basically like doctor appointment and college visits.

I've missed only one day of school so far for a college visit.

NINE MORE FREE DAYS! YEAH!

The sad thing is, I didn't your my free days for my other years too then. -__-; Because I never missed school. Only once or twice.

But yeah, missing a lot of days is killer make-up work. We only have four classes a day, ninety minutes for each class period so make-up work is hard because you've missed a whole chunk o' class.

Do you guys ever have the kids who always come to school and have never, ever, never missed a day?

You know...they get the award in the end for not missing a day of school since kindergarten?

My econ teacher was talking about a kid who had NEVER missed a day of school since kindergarten and I was like, 'OMG...'

Guest josebiwasabi

i actually had pretty much perfect attendance in high school. i only missed two full days of school, and those were both during senior year. one was because i had to rewrite my entire EE for IB, and the other was because it was senior skip day.

i did miss a few classes here and there, though. most of those being 1st (or zero) period because i didn't get up in time.

Guest mp.ARK

I've been ditching a lot of classes and school days... usually because I needed to catch up on homework. I should be getting a slip for detention any time soon... <_<

Guest urbanature

I've missed so much school. I'm a sophomore in HS now and wow...I can't count the days/classes I've missed.

They've all been excused by my mom though, so that I don't get marked for "cutting" a class.

I don't know how many absences they allow, but I honestly can't help it when I miss my class.

I get sick really easily, and I have allergy problems so I'm always with a sore throat or sneezing uncontrollably.

And no, it is not possible for me to sit through a 7-hour day sneezing on the person next to me.

>_<

i've missed about 30 dayssssss or probably more..

i missed today too actually lmao.

im so bad. senioritis is kickin in

Guest PINKXDREAMER

during my entire high school career? like 247234738 times. half of those was in my junior-senior year. i'm trying to go to school more often now. i tend to go to school for like 1 or 2 periods and then leave.

Guest kraziekiddo

ahaha during senior year alone, i think ive missed like 40+ days .. alotta it was just going to colleges and doing interviews

cause i applied across the country, so hadta fly there and shtuff

its funny though, cuz when i counted 40+ days .. it was only like early march =)

and i think i have more days to skip cuz of college open house muhahaa

Archived