Trouble Connecting Laptop To Projector

chaegyeong

'no input received' message appears
i've connected all the relevant wires to the right ports on the laptop and the projector (i'm pretty sure about that). the laptop works perfectly fine but nothing appears on the wall screen. instead a 'no input received' message appears on the screen. however, when a different computer is used, the slides have no problem projecting. anybody know why that happens? appreciate any help i can get. thanks

you need to push the FN+ |[]| like button on your keyboard (like F4)

Or right click your desktop, properties, last tab.. somewhere there or in the advance settings should allow you to turn on multiple displays

thanks so much awdark! will try ur advice.

great it worked! but now i have one more question. what is wrong if the image on the wallscreen keeps flickering on and off? this time there's an extra monitor at the speaker's place/desk in front. i don't really know the details cos i wasn't the person presenting so i wasn't up front but i'd still like to know. i'm becoming interested in tech stuff

• 2 weeks later...

I think what it might be is the projector was taking an incompatible signal.

like 80hz instead of 60hz or a incompatible resolution... lets say one thats much higher than the projector would support. I know those two would either show an error like signal out of range or if the projector is persistent, it might try to show the picture and figure out why its not understanding.

Archived