Kim Soo Hyun 김수현 (Claudia Kim)

Ayame

It's been years since I've been here, but I've updated the first post, and changed the title to her stage name, since she changed it last year. ^^ Updated all links. For any of the fans, PM with changes if you want any.

//EDIT//

Whoa, I topped a page. Well, I guess I'll just post a new pic from March 2011 from her promotions for Amore Pacific:

6h2hw7.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
Guest Han.Ji.Yoon

Does anyone still update this page? Haha, I've been a huge fan of Kim Soo Hyun since I saw her in Fugitive: Plan B! I'm watching her in Standby right now and I'm looooving her character.... definitely a contrast (or even a complete opposite) from the other characters she has played. I can't help but crack up whenever she does something dorky or cute. If anyone is wondering about her singing, she sings IU's song "Good Day" on Episode 16 of Standby. So beautiful~ 

Guest Han.Ji.Yoon

^ I'm the thread starter, I actually try to update the first post when I can, although not many people actually post replies in this thread. XD

Ooooh. Hello Ayame-chan!! :D Hahaha. Thank you so much for all the posts, updates, and pictures so far... Wow... it's been practically 5 years!  I didn't know if Soo Hyun was popular enough to have her own thread... but when I accidentally came across this on Soompi I was pleasantly surprised. ^^;;  Thanks for keeping this alive~ She definitely deserves more publicity! 

hello everyone! I'm a fan of kim soo hyun's after watching standby! She's totally letting herself loose in her character! she's a natural born beauty and also reminds me of the japanese actress ayase haurka!

hope she gets more recognition and many more great roles!

i thought it was hard to search up on her because she bears the same name as the now famous actor from METS! but then i found out she had ANOTHEr name yoo ri el... very unique name!

• 4 months later...

Haven't posted here in a while. For those who are fans of her, even though I linked it in the first post, I'll post it here as well, her twitter: http://twitter.com/ClaudiaSKim since she does update it every so often. ^^ Also here are some videos from this year of her that you may or may not have seen (CF's / interviews, etc.)
http://youtu.be/qHL_bveJP8k

Also some videos from last year (2011) as well:

• 3 months later...

She's in the new drama, '7th Grade Civil Servant'. The videos below are cuts of Uhm Tae Woong, but she's also included in these cuts, so there they are:
EP 01 cut (with Uhm Tae Woong)http://youtu.be/DBssj3ey1FM
EP 02 cut (with Uhm Tae Woong)http://youtu.be/7q5IBYZDbgY

HELLO EVERYONE~I was wondering, should we change the title of this thread or put in brackets (Kim Soo Hyun -actress) because I don't think much people know who that 'yoo ri el' was her past name.  And if we add 'kim soo hyun' it might attract more attention? 
Haven't gotten around to watching her new drama, but I'll just post pics of her at the press con. (BTW I hate how soompi doesn't have that function where you can upload pictures directly from your computer. It's so annoying to upload it on a picture sharing site first T_T)
8417987363_b9342e1614.jpg
8419081458_b7710b5365.jpg
8419081540_310e4e22d4.jpg
8417987517_7b94ca87a8.jpg
8417988369_8b0bdbd372.jpg
8417987531_4133dbdd6a.jpg
8419082636_214dae4560.jpg
8419081654_f72532c5d2.jpg
8419081844_5956ed0a06.jpg8417987901_6c50415437.jpg
8419082062_84f3221ba6.jpg

PRETTY UNNIIII <3

Although it's late, but 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SOOHYUN <3
Wishing her health, happiness, maybe hopefully she can do a movie, and be the lead of a drama and more pretty photoshoots for fans to drool over tehehehe. 
Hope she gets more known through her new drama! I have to say this is the first time ever in my kdrama viewing experience to solely watch a drama for one person even though I'm not too much for the plot and other cast. I will stick around for Soo Hyun! 

JAN.25.2013 was her big day, hehe.
8418000203_8c0960b0e2.jpg
sarangheyo <3~~~~

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

"Avengers 2" confirmed to be filming in Korea, starring a Korean actressMy6EoX4.jpg
There were many rumors about the second “Avengers” film being shot in Seoul, Korea, and it looks like the rumors have cleared.
The Avengers are coming to Korea in February.
Rumors about The “Avengers” film to be filmed in Korea, in areas such as Incheon and Songdo had been spreading like wildfire all around the internet, however the only confirmed piece of information is that they will be filming in Gangnam.
The second “Avengers” film, titled “Avengers: The Age of Ultron” will be shot in Gangnam-daero and Teheranno, both large streets located in Gangnam, in which permission to film there have already been confirmed, and both the U.S and Korean filming teams have been collaborating on this project already.Not only has the news of the second “Avengers” filming excited fans in Korea, but a Korean actress, Kim Soohyun has been selected to be a part of the cast.
Out of 40 Korean film actresses, 10 of who were considered to be Korea’s top actresses, Kim Soohyun was selected by Marvel Studios.
Kim Soohyun won first place in a Korea-China super model competition back in 2005, and having graduated from Ewha Womans University’s Division of International Studies, her English skills are unquestionable.
Ewha Womans University’s Division of International Studies is a course in which all major classes are taught in English, and so English fluency is a required skill. This is one of the major reasons why Marvel Studios selected Kim Soohyun to be a part of the cast, as she had lived in America since she was 10 years old, received a full score on her TOEIC test and participated in writing English articles and was a translator in several university clubs.
There is no information on what role or character Kim Soohyun will be playing in the second “Avengers” film, so we will just have to wait until it is released in May, 2015.
source: sports world + koreaboo

• 1 month later...
Guest theislandvibes

I became curious about her and I'm really glad Soompi saved me with info on how she gained her English fluency skills that gave her an advantage for The Avengers 2.
Joss Whedon usually gives justice to female characters, so I hope the character she'll be playing will be given the same care and regard, as opposed to some variant of the Asian character trope (in this case, female).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actress Kim Soo Hyun (Claudia Kim) of 'Avengers 2' looks classy for 'Elle
trHFKcq.jpg

'Elle' magazine released photos of sexy actress Kim Soo Hyun (Claudia Kim), who is currently filming for Hollywood movie 'Avengers 2'!

In these black-and-white pictures, the model-like Kim Soo Hyun showed off her distinct beauty and class through thoughtful poses and emotion-laden gazes.  The long dress especially accentuates her tall and slim figure. 

She also revealed that she grew up always reading Marvel comics, saying, "I liked Wolverine in 'X-Men.'"  You can check out more of her pictures as well as the interview portion in the May issue of 'Elle.'

RveYkCE.jpg

source

• 2 months later...

Claudia Kim reveals episodes on filming “Avengers: Age of Ultron”

g5LqbQS.jpg

Actress Claudia Kim (Kim Soohyun) was interviewed on SBS funE’s “Seo Inyoung’s Star Beauty Show”, and revealed some interesting episodes that happened behind the scenes of filming “Avengers: Age of Ultron”.

Claudia Kim first revealed that she had been nervous before meeting the cast, in which she confessed that she pondered on how she should greet them.

When she arrived at the set, she stayed in her car as she was very nervous, however Robert Downey Jr. came up to her and greeted her first with a kiss on the back of her hand.

Claudia Kim commented on how thankful she had been to Robert Downey Jr. for being so friendly and greeting the newcomer first.

Another episode that happened during the filming of “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, Scarlett Johansson had asked Claudia Kim on how to maintain such soft and supple skin, thus Claudia Kim gave Scarlett Johansson Korean BB cream as a gift, which Scarlett Johansson liked very much.

Furthermore, she recommended to the viewers of the show that keeping the skin moisturized was most important when considering skin care. For people who have to take flights as often as Claudia Kim, she revealed that she would carry on samples on to the plane so that she could moisturize her skin every few hours.

Claudia Kim also revealed that a kind of detox juice was always available on the set of “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, in which this has helped the actors and actresses to refresh, de-stress and keep energized.

What are some of your skin care tips?

source

Archived