For Those Of You That Are Not Korean, How Do Your Parents React When They Find Out You Listen To Kor

Guest psquare6806

Guest GDxPassion

Hmmm...at first, my parents thought it was strange

for me to listen to korean music and watch korean

dramas when I don't understand the language (that's

why movies have subtitles...Duh!!).

But now, they really don't care...they're used to it...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aironeousB

F my parents cuz they only spoke one language...english. That's some ignorant shizzle right there. If all they did was learn one other language and one other culture and passed some of it on to me or exposed it to me when I was a kid my life would have been so much different.

But NOOOOOO!!! THEY GOTTA BE IGNORANT.

They gotta act like everyone in the world speaks only english and there is nothing worth learning anywhere else in the world.

I'll watch or listen too whatever I feel like.

Guest iyagi

My parents dont mind as long as I'm involved with my Chinese culture and such. and i really do appreciate being Chinese, I really love it, but other Asian media also catches my eye. I'm a big Japanese and Korean music person and I watch anime and Korean drama, but my parents dont really mind. my friends always ask how i can listen to music that I dont fully understand though lol and i always say "i understand a *little* bit" xD

Guest msjerur

My mother watches kdrama with me and my father doesn't really care (since he speaks like 5 different languages) so hearing another isn't a big deal. But my friends think I'm weird. They're always like "why you be listenin' to them if you don't even know what they sayin?" It's just like reggaeton homie, they put it in the clubs and the majority of the people don't even speak spanish but they still "pop", "lock" and "drop it" (dance, haha) to it, right?

Guest kawaiiprincess

i don't listen to kpop... although i once had a kdrama OST that i listened to like once... they were like, "what's that?"

as for kdramas, we all watch it :) it's dubbed in filipino anyway so we don't really have to read subtitles anymore :)

Guest hipopdancer

my parents, especially my mom hated it. and she still does. *please dont kill me* :vicx:

but i dont really care, i listen to chinese, japanese, korean, all the asian and island music.

but i dont care what she says, i still do. it got me where i am today ^^

haha. but i got my sister into BoA Kwon, and my older brother into one of H.O.T's music, Candy, and into Fly to the Sky, oh, and Dong Bang Shin Ki too~ yay~ go me~ ^^ B)

Guest urbanature

My aunts like to watch Korean dramas subbed in Chinese. And my aunt listens to Korean soundtracks.

I don't watch the dramas very much, but I loveee the music.

My mom says the only Korean singers she knows are Se7en & Rain xD

She doesn't care as long as the music's not corrupting me or anything rofl

Guest husssh

my parents weret he ones who got me into watching korean dramas and that caused me to want to listen to korean music..

so they loved it in the first place lol. we're always watching new korean dramas together. xD

my mom loves it like i do. she watches k-dramas with me. my dad doesn't care. he watches k-movies along with me. all my cousins are into the movies. i like songs and movies and dramas. by brother however ugh. but sometimes he watches the movies along with me and my family.

My mom just looks at the screen and say "Wow that guy is cute." then leave..lmao. But when I started listening to the music my mom was like "Do you understand what they are saying?".I said "No" and then she just said "Oh" and left lmao.

My mum loves watching Kdrama, she even recommends me those she loves.

But for K music, my parents don't oppose but will be like, "Do you understand korean??" "Why listen to something you don't understand?"

Well, actually most people who aren't into K/Jpop will ask these kind of qns.

Guest Dinoce

my parents don't like the music. "why are you listening to something you don't even understand??" but they say that about american music, too. lol. as for korean dramas, my mother loves them...especially if they're dubbed.

i don't remember posting here.. hmm.. i think i did.. but nevermind, haha....

i was abit sceptical of it.. it was my aunts and cousins that started going crazy for BYJ in WS. I didn't like it, too soppy but I like the OST. I guess I started from there.. Watching dramas... the first that I really got into was AIMH. That was a classic!

My parents, don't really mind.. My mum actually got hooked as well, in 2004, when I started going for Full House. From there, she follows up with her own series, I got busy with studies, college and all...

K-music... hmm.. they still think it's noise.. at first, they hated it... but now they're okay with it.. quite open to it in fact..

Guest AmiHeartsYou<3

My parents aren't against it at all!

Seriously, they LOVE Korean dramas! My parents even watched Full House together with me when we were watching the Dvd of it. :] My mom is very supportive and now she really wants to watch 'My Girl' and 'My Name Is Kim Sam Soon' <3

And as for Korea Music, let's say they prefer English classic songs and Chinese songs. They're not really a huge fan of Korean Music, but they still think it's pretty ok. :)

Guest proFRESHional.

My parents don't care about me watching or listening to music in other languages, because they do the same thing as me as well. Well, only my mom.

Archived