For Those Of You That Are Not Korean, How Do Your Parents React When They Find Out You Listen To Kor

Guest psquare6806

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom doesn't care, and my dad.. He goes along with it. He used to make fun of how they talked, but he's okay now. There's a few remakes in the Philippines, and seeing as how I've watched a few of those before, I always end up telling him what happens throughout the story.

They don't care it's all asian and well I'm asian too so it's natural lol

my mum does kinda fuss about me wasting too much of my time watching kdramas and not doing hw.

it's the same with japanese music and anime, they don't really care but I do sometimes get odd looks when I'm listening to some Jrock tho xD and like my brother said "shut that emo music off godamnit!" but I could say it with his crappy trance/techo sh!t

I listen to Korean music and sometimes watch Korean drama

my parents love watching Korean dramas

sometimes they'll spend the whole day watching it haha

they sometimes recommend me some

:P

my parents don't care what type of music I listen to they'll just say " cool " and it'll be all good haha

Guest bgirlxstylistic

haha they don't mind.

they actually dance to the music i blast through my room.

its pretty funny, LOL.

but like.. the only korean they know is Sandara Park.

cuz they like her acting in some of the filipino movies shes in.

ahah.

Guest soulremix.

My family doesn't really mind, but they do think I'm weird for listening to Korean music & watching kdramas.

Like, whenever I listen to Korean music and I sing out loud, my brother looks at me weird.

I was watching a kdrama and my mom saw me, she was like, "Do you you even understand?"

I wish I did btw lols. There's subtitles anyways hahah :sweatingbullets:

But geez, just let me be -__-;;

Lol, but I don't really care what they say 'cos like I said they don't mind ^^.

Guest BaoQuyen

my parents at first made fun of me, asking me if i understood

then they saw how i really enjoyed learning the language and were proud ^____^"

my sister....she's bipolar with it haha

one moment she'll make fun of them, then she'll hum along to Big Bang =.='

PLUS, my mom sings her own random words into song's melodies

ex. "nunan neomu yeppeo"

mother: "gunha rarhal letoo" :sweatingbullets:

I never watched dramas before until my mom brought home "Love Story in Harvard".

Pffttt, she is the one to blame that I am a drama addict now. As for my love for Korean culture and their entertainment..

Let's just say that my mom wishes that I will stop. She was at the point where she will kid with her Korean friends about how they should help me find a guy.

But rather than finding a good guy, they should find someone who is "typical Korean" and mean so that I will stop liking Korean stuff.

Sorry mom, but you failed to do it =P

UGH, MY FAMILY IS THE WORST ABOUT THIS =P They always bug me with stuff like "you're NOT korean, you're chinese, okayyy??? why don't u listen to more chinese music/watch chinese shows????" My mom would always ask me "do u understand it?!" and when i say "yea...kinda[cause i do know some]" she'll ask "ok, than tell me what they're saying!" haha, she sucks!! XD my dad is more care free with it. My sister doesn't like it at all, she thinks korean sounds bad :tongue2: [she's a stupid loser, haha] so i always have a hard time with them, but i always ignore them about this. lol

u guys r sooo lucky tht ur parents don't mind this!! =[ i wish mine were like urs!! *jealous*jealous*

Guest heartofarose

they don't care. in fact, my mom thought suju was cute xD

i guess the reaction is kinda 'annoyed' sometimes since it's the main culture

that i am exposed to, aside from my own. but hey, i have pride for my own country too i guess ^__^;

it's more like some friends reactions.

but it's weird since my mom thinks i love everything korean now.

i mean, converse socks.. she suddenly yells "TONI LOOK, THESE SOCKS ARE MADE IN KOREA !!"

yea.. i'm so proud. rofl xD and my mom said that out loud in winners. oh yea, and it's weird since

people assume i only like korean men o__o;

oh yea and i got my 7 year old cousin to like dbsk. haha xD

he knows the Balloon's lyrics more than me o__o;

seeing the above posts make me laugh too eh,

the only Koreans my rent's would know would be -

Super Junior [as a group], Sandara Park & Dbsk.

i'm the one who blabbed to them about Sandara becoming famous in Korea. xD

Guest ShiaChewy

My mom goes, "Stop watching korean dramas and do your homeworrrk!"

Ehh she really doesn't mind that much. xD She can't stop me.

My dad just asks me how I understand and I'm like .. -cough there are subtitles cough-

Guest mimopanda

Haha, a lot of moms watch korean dramas XDD (mines just watch vietnamese dub dramas :ph34r: )

just recently, he says "why do you listen to this japanese music all the time?" and the oh so popular "do you even understand?"

sometimes, he says it gives him a headache xp

but my house is full of loud asian music all the time, so its all good:DD

Archived