For Those Of You That Are Not Korean, How Do Your Parents React When They Find Out You Listen To Kor

Guest psquare6806

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eneri04

when my sister and i watch korean dramas and movies, my parents don't mind.

in fact, my mom watches it too.

same goes for the music.

i even heard my dad sing, super junior's U. haha.

Guest Top Taeseung

I'm chinese and my parents think im crazy for listening 2 korean music. der like wtf, this is junk it off :'(

they say mean things about me, and koreans.

They would tell me to study more than wasting my time on them.

rofls, i am like " i don't care, i will study xD " It is my right to listen to what i like >;D

and drool over hot guys.

Well i didn't say in a mean way, i just told them -- " okay okay, mommy,

i am not like those crazy fans who stalk celebrities, i just think they are talented. "

but then, xD i am one of those crazy fans ROFLS.

Guest x_TaintedLove

My parents didn't mind when I first started listening to Kpop.

But they got extremely annoyed after a couple of months and ignored it.

I've caught my dad listening to DBSK songs in Chinese. He hasn't heard the end of it...

I don't watch K-dramas. My parents do with Chinese subtitles though. ^_^

Guest random koohkie

I'm Vietnamese and am freakishly addicted to Korean things like the above metioned dramas and music.

My parents don't mind I watch Korean dramas, but they would rather I watch them with Vietnamese dubs so I can even further improve my Viet.

But they don't really know how addicted I am to Kpop, epecially DBSK.

I wanted to buy posters and plaster them all over my room, but then it would be awkward if they come in and ask why there are Korean guys in my room x]

But then again I don't think my mom would mind, since she even admits that Korean guys are hot. =)

Guest superstar`kiss

They never said anything in the beginning..

Now--! They just tease me because it's been SO long!! I think they see me going towards the Korean route..LOL. JK.

Now my WHOLE entire family knows about this obsession DEVOTION!! :lol:

Guest killmysmile

My brother listens to the asian music, but we all watch korean dramas together. It's become a family thing now, pretty fun. And we always try to say stuff in korean now.

Guest tommylove<3

mother : 'how can you understand korean/japanese but not your own language?'

aha that's how she'd be when i can understand tid bits of dramas when

she's watching them WITH me xD

Guest mousse91

they kept saying: "where do you get all these singers from?!" and stuff like that. but they don't mind :phew:

i listen to thai, japanese, korean, mando, canto, french, english, algerian music! B)

Guest neshpa

They don't care. Just ask me, "Do you even understand what you're listening to?" Haha, nope ^^ "Okay."

I don't watch dramas. I'm too lazy to download or find somewhere in my city where they sell them o _ o

Guest dbsuju_gummibear

pshhh my parents dont care....as long as im doing well in school and im still acting the same they dont care what i listen to/watch.....like i recently just put up some dbsk and suju posters up in my room (along with some posters of my fav. british bands) and they saw them and they were like "woah these r cool"....ahaha i thought they were gonna say something weird but they didnt....my mom was like "wow these guys r so tall".....lmao...and my dad was just asking where i got em from ! but ya my rents dont have a prob with them.....they're probably glad im "expanding my horizons"..... ;)

Guest chunnie

One day I was watching DBSK's DVD in the livingroom and my mom said that she wouldn't mind if anyone of them was her son-in-law xD

My mom is pretty much relaxed about this,

She's even going to pay me a year in Japan, she just said that "Go and marry a rich guy" :'D

Of course she is half joking.

I just love my mom <3

Guest yeslek

My mom likes to blame my "bad grades" on Korean boybands and dramas. I do not kid. XP

Other than that, she doesn't mind. When I listen to Korean music in her car, she asks me to translate.

If anything she's happy that I've found something I'm passionate enough about to pursue in college. (Soon-to-be Asian Cultures major)

My dad has a huge foreign film collection, so he doesn't think my interests are that strange.

Sometimes he calls Korean guys "girly" to annoy me.

Doesn't really do anything. (:

Guest goboys_lover

my parents always bash saying like u can watch other languages but not ur own and then they just sit and watch the korean dramas with me... but if i listen to korean music they really don't care.

Guest sujugirl

They're kinda annoyed. Since they [we] can't understand a single word.

One time, my brother ws like," Go to Korea! We don't need you here [Philppines]

LOL

Guest ShiaChewy

My dad's like, "You can't even understand it!" Lawl. I have my ways...

Subtitles ftw.

My mom's too busy to care. She usually doesn't mind. xD

Guest se7en247

My mom didn't really react any particular way. She likes some of the Korean music I listen to. My brother thinks I should listen to more Mexican music since I am half Mexican.

I guess I kinda take after my mom, she like Mexican stuff even though she's not Mexican.

Archived