For Those Of You That Are Not Korean, How Do Your Parents React When They Find Out You Listen To Kor

Guest psquare6806

Guest minie_k89

they don't care at all...

but my brother-in-law find me weird...

when i'm listening to korean song and he comes into my room,i would turn off the music immediately..

it's so awkward...

don't know why...?? <_<

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents don't even know haha

My mom does't like the whole korean craze in the Philippines but she doesnt get mad.

My dad is okay with anything :D

Guest accursed_desire

I watch Korean Dramas, and I listen to Japanese rock music... my mom just thinks I'm weird and she makes fun of me alot of the time. It kinda bugs me, and she knows it, but oh well.

I'm not real close with my dad. He knows of one band that I listen to.. known as "that Japanese band" (my mom knows the name of the band). He doesn't say much, and even if he did, I wouldn't care.

Guest Lindoodoo

My mom: (fob voice) "What? Yoo like Korean? Whai yoo like Kohreahn for?"

.____.;;

But other than that, they don't really care. ^^

Guest ricmindy

they don't care at all...

but my brother-in-law find me weird...

when i'm listening to korean song and he comes into my room,i would turn off the music immediately..

it's so awkward...

don't know why...?? <_<

I understand -_-

I always listen to Korean music thru earphones or turn down the volume of the speakers...

Like I've something to hide. But my parents aren't making fun of me, just that when they flip thru Korean TV channels they'll make comments like they speak funny and try to imitate them. So I don't really want them to know that I like Korean music...

Guest 꿈DREAM

My family has actually come to tolerate it and understand. My sister will occasionally make comments, same with my mom. they'll say something like "NO! your not putting YOUR music on! We're not listening to Korean music" -____- makes me mad usually.

My family ask me if I understand it I just go "YUP!" and leave it like that. rofl :P

My older sister has really been accepting of me listening to Asian stuff, even if she is quiet ignoring about it. >___<

Guest mangchilo

They think it's a little weird, but they don't mind at all. They're usually not too interested themselves, but sometimes they're a little curious. I think they respect it, especially since my mother loves Bollywood films and her favorite singer used to be Claudio Baglioni when she was younger. She was the one who gave me a tape of the The Lion King soundtrack when I was little in Spanish instead of English, too, which I loved to death.

Guest aznxmushu

im half korean but like my mom she acts as iff i'm not... the funny thing is when she sees my watch or listens to korean stuff she says...

"now i know who your going to marrie when you get older"

Guest nobody knows

my mom used to be on my back about that a lot

but now that I've also been listening to classical music and Chinese music, she's like "she'll convert FULLY to Chinese MUAHAHAHA" (:mellow: errrr...)

so yeah. She doesn't care as much as long as I still remember I'm Chinese^^;

Guest jirappo.

my dad's like "oh, koreans again?" lol he doesn't really care i guess. but sometimes he asks me why don't i listen to chinese music more, or watch chinese movies.

Guest ★ rain-a-sky ★

me: *watching korean drama*

my mom: what are you watching?

me: *states drama name*. It's a korean drama.

mom: WHAT? WHY ARE YOU WATCHING THAT STUFF? It doesn't help you learn at all and is a waste of time! You should be STUDYING! All those dramas only have boys and girls getting together and it's so unproductive, turn that off right now!

me: :tears:

yup, so that's basically how it goes with my mom =_______=''

Guest BobaMilkTea

mom: "Stop watching."

me: "How come you get to watch K-Drama all day but I can't ;("

mom: "...because I'm older!"

me: "That doesn't have to do with anything."

*kissing scene*

mom: "You should focus more on homework than this."

she thinks all kdramas are really lovey dovey -.-

Guest --joyful.

my mom laughs and says "do u even know what they're saying?!"

me: yea [learned some]

n then she starts singing some old song thats not even korean

n says "ur prolly gonna end up marrying a korean guy in the future"

me: hmm

so yea xD my parents think ive gone crazyy

Guest ah-jefu

They don't mind :P I watch all dramas subbed in mandarin or cantonese. asian is all the same to mee, as long as it's good :D

they watch with me >=D i'm that alluring @_@

Guest Juliang

my parents thought it was strange at first but now they think its cool (korean)

as for japanese, they don't care because i have japanese relatives and my parents understand the language.

Guest angel2nyt

my mom and relatives love watching korean dramas.. and when i mean love, i mean repeating it for 10 times(like stairway to heaven) to the point that even my younger brother who doesnt really watch it knew all the characters' names

besides i still love listening to opm and watching local dramas

Guest kayla.

They think I'm crazy. Probably only cause I stay up really late watching Super Junior videos on youtube -_-

But my mom watches Korean dramas too. However, I sing suju/dbsk songs all around the house and everyone except my dad has it stuck in their head at times haha.

Archived