13 Steps

Guest supakoreanflyguy

Guest supakoreanflyguy
Korean Hardcore band
Just heard them they're awesome Glad to hear theres some hxc spirit in Korea Don't know if I'm allowed to post this link but w/e fvk the rules http://www.myspace.com/13steps bands to awesome not to post their link Hope they have some shows in the US soon

Guest RACETRAITOR

The Geeks are touring the US right now actually. Personally I hope more of the Korean hardcore bands take an interest in the rest of the world outside the US. I hear too many Americans saying "I want this band to come here." Touring takes money. How about you come here and see them play instead?

13 Steps are awesome guys and play great music. They put Chungju City Hardcore up on the map.

Chungju City

53.JPG

Getting ready in Skunk Hell

84.JPG

Drug

37.JPG

Their real website: http://www.13steps.net

Their label: http://www.mfcrew.net

Guest supakoreanflyguy

Oh yeah I'm going to go all the way to korea to see one show what a moron

And I don't hate them for not coming to the US

Guest RACETRAITOR

I don't mean to come down on you at all. It just annoys me when people assume that touring America is the be-all end-all of forming a punk band.

Guest supakoreanflyguy

Punk? I hate punks and emo kids

Don't be to mad that people like them so much in the States they want to go to one of there shows and obviously going all the way to Korea for most people is out of the question.

Guest quadshock

well the idea is, there is a bigger base of hardcore/punk/metal bands in the US than anywhere else, so it's kind of the "world center" for it (as well as other music too, i suppose). That's why people want to come to the US: to see what it's like to be surrounded by people who are into it, rather than just the handful they befriended at home.

As for people wanting bands to go to the US... if they like the band they'd want to see them live. If they live in the US they'd want to see them in the US (more exposure for the band anyway). It's natural.

Guest RACETRAITOR

Well obviously I know that. But there's punks all over the world making great music, and it seems sort of unnecessary to go to the US because they have enough already. And as our friend the OP points out, there are a lot of people with bad attitudes over there.

Guest quadshock

who cares.

music is music whether it's BOA or 13 STEPS.

ROCK IT AND richard simmons IT BABY.

yeah let's just keep posting stuff with nothing to reply to, because music is music. no need for discussion.

dumi can't read.

Guest RACETRAITOR

yeah let's just keep posting stuff with nothing to reply to, because music is music. no need for discussion.

dumi can't read.

Ha ha.

Haven't you seen 13 Steps' duet with BoA? It's totally hardcore, mang!

Guest idyllic

dumi can't read.

Someone's awfully sore.

Guest supakoreanflyguy

People like them everywhere. But I have bad news for you: 13 Steps is a punk band.

13 steps is not a punk band you newb

its classical hardcore -.-

Yes I know Classical hardcore came from punk and its similar but its not the same

Guest RACETRAITOR

13 steps is not a punk band you newb

its classical hardcore -.-

Yes I know Classical hardcore came from punk and its similar but its not the same

The lead singer is a good friend of mine, and I guarantee they're a hardcore punk band. In Korea, punk and hardcore are still united, and richard simmons like you don't last long.

I just talked with the lead singer, and he said he is a punk himself, although deciding whether his band is punk, he had a bit of trouble and went with sort of not punk. He said the band is influenced by punk, using some dirty words I can't write on here. Oh yeah, and most of the band's artwork was done by a skinhead.

Guest supakoreanflyguy

That doesn't make them punk.

They can sound like punk because hardcore is hella similar to punk

since hxc came from punk

and im pretty sure they sound classical hxc

Guest RACETRAITOR

since hxc came from punk

Yeah, that's their sound. But the members are punks and the band's attitude is punk. Their fans are punks and they play punk shows in punk venues. Maybe our scene is different from yours, but I prefer it this way.

Guest quadshock

since hxc came from punk

uh... in some cases they're similar but more often than not it's easy to distinguish between hardcore and punk...

Archived