How Do You Pronounce ...

Guest MzLauraa

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest clovermoi

on a similar topic..when i was little (7 or 8 yrs/o) i would say Buff-eT..instead of Buff-ay..lol

until one day i said it out loud like that and my dad was like :blink: hahahaha silly me...

oh ROFL how cute :D hmm.. i used to get confused about whether or not to pronounce depot (when saying home depot) DEE-PO or DEE-POT.

actually right now i'm still not sure. o__O.

edit: HEHE i looked it up in the dictionary, it's DEE-POH. :D

Guest mango_twist

lol how about the past tense of the word? I think it's de-byood? I'm not so sure though. yep, Filipinos says de-boo a lot but I think it's because a lot of English words are informally adapted with our language and I guess on Tagalog context you say it as de-boo but in English I hear the adults say it as de-byoo.

Yuna isn't beau pronounced as bo? Aaargh French words are so confusing sometimes. :)

And how about the brand Esprit? I used to pronounce it as Es-prit! when I was a kid, until my friend said it's Es-prih.

And I can never forget Kanye West when he was punked: "I'm going to Parih!" lol that just really cracks me up.

Guest rapunzel283
on a similar topic..when i was little (7 or 8 yrs/o) i would say Buff-eT..instead of Buff-ay..lol
^ :lol: Like me and sachet. I said "Sach-et" -_-. My friends laughed. :P

Guest dianannsano

I say the first one (with the silent t), but if it's in the past tense, I pronounce the 't' in it (debuted).

Wait, does it even have a past tense?

Archived