Even before all this mess the show was already centered on jae suk - kwang soo, some fans were already complaining, these new pds do not know how to balance it, they just put the kind of comedy they like, their editing is horrible, and they don't know how to use all member efforts. For me, I much prefer seeing real people, than seeing people over reacting, or acting like idiots, silly, weird and so on. I think today's running man is for a younger audience, it used to be a family show, but who's going to watch all this richard simmons with parents these days? I would be ashamed to see this with my parents.
But I already gave up complaining about all of this, there is no win for us, even if we complain, the pds seem like they do this even worse.
And we can't do anything because ji hyo wants to continue in this show ... but being a fan of her these times is painful, so I needed to focus on other things so I don't see all this anymore. I hope she picks a new drama soon...

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, pinsc said:

Even before all this mess the show was already centered on jae suk - kwang soo, some fans were already complaining, these new pds do not know how to balance it, they just put the kind of comedy they like, their editing is horrible, and they don't know how to use all member efforts. For me, I much prefer seeing real people, than seeing people over reacting, or acting like idiots, silly, weird and so on. I think today's running man is for a younger audience, it used to be a family show, but who's going to watch all this richard simmons with parents these days? I would be ashamed to see this with my parents.
But I already gave up complaining about all of this, there is no win for us, even if we complain, the pds seem like they do this even worse.
And we can't do anything because ji hyo wants to continue in this show ... but being a fan of her these times is painful, so I needed to focus on other things so I don't see all this anymore. I hope she picks a new drama soon...

Welcome back pinsc, good to see you again :)

Sometimes it's really hard to support all the desicions SJH makes, but I hope she soon realises this show is a sinking ship it's not worth her time or effort. I really hope she picks a new drama soon too, i keep looking for news everyday

• Like 1

What I have noticed lately with the last 2 articles is that RM production is looking to divide RM fans as last year all fandoms get together to support the continuation of RM with its original members and the same this year with the RM anime version been realized without the members knowing.

But what they are obtaining with this is an awkward situation for the new members; you can see the true dynamic in  this picture

I have to say I don't have anything against SM and actually find some of her moments enjoyable; the problem is that the PD is posting so much stupid moments of her that are to much at the point that I really enjoy when Jk says in episode  358 to SM " You are too close" for me was his way to tell her keep your distance you are not JH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cleo47012 said:

What I have noticed lately with the last 2 articles is that RM production is looking to divide RM fans as last year all fandoms get together to support the continuation of RM with its original members and the same this year with the RM anime version been realized without the members knowing.

But what they are obtaining with this is an awkward situation for the new members; you can see the true dynamic in  this picture

I have to say I don't have anything against SM and actually find some of her moments enjoyable; the problem is that the PD is posting so much stupid moments of her that are to much at the point that I really enjoy when Jk says in episode  358 to SM " You are too close" for me was his way to tell her keep your distance you are not JH

I feel totally the same, and also because they are too focused on creating character for the new members instead of trying to maintain the current combinations that already have huge fanbases!

• Like 1

@mary-ann The PD and RM production are totally lost they have potential histories but they just focus in replaying the stupidity over and over. For me will be funny to see SM-LKS weird connection moments joined by JH been a concerned Nonaa of SM not been the best for LK that trying to force a bond between them

Like that you have SM-LK without abandoning KwanMoon

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cleo47012 said:

@mary-ann The PD and RM production are totally lost they have potential histories but they just focus in replaying the stupidity over and over. For me will be funny to see SM-LKS weird connection moments joined by JH been a concerned Nonaa of SM not been the best for LK that trying to force a bond between them

The new RM PD and director are totally lost and like i said in another thread they are gambling with this show at this point, on the expense of the original members and longtime fans, i just don't trust them anymore so i always have low expectations when watching a new episode, lately it's been disappointment followed by dissapointment!

• Like 2

Hi everyone! First time posting here––I've been a longtime fan of Ji Hyo and Running Man, and I've just recently rediscovered Soompi forums hahaha. 

...this post will probably be super long, because I've had a really niggling feeling about the treatment towards some of the quieter castmates like Ji Hyo in recent episodes that I ended up having a lot of thoughts about. My points about the editing applies to all of them (Suk Jin, Jong Kook, GARY T___T), but since this is specifically a Ji Hyo form I'm making it specific to Ji Hyo. Those thoughts are all over the place, so I'm sorry if it's kind of jumbled and hard to read/understand. Also sorry for all the bolds and italics, my feelings are pretty strong.

First off, a disclaimer: I do like Somin––I think she's funny and sweet. Like many have said before me, the problem that I have is the PD's and the editing's treatment of Ji Hyo as of late. This really isn't meant to be a Somin bashing type post at all––I understand that a new cast member will undoubtedly get more screen time in the beginning. But even then, between Somin and Se Chan, Somin's getting a large amount of focus and attention from the PDs. (This could also be attributed to other things, like the fact that Somin is a girl, or that she fits the bill of a typical variety member, but I digress.)

I know some people attribute Ji Hyo's recent lack of quality screen time to her own lack of activity on the show. This is what's really been annoying me, because I think Ji Hyo's version of being active and entertaining on the show is very different from what people typically associate with being active for Korean variety. Typical Korean variety is very slapstick humor, very exaggerated, and/or laughably quirky/weird, and people who have large personalities and presence typically thrive in this setting. The cast of Running Man definitely has people who can fit that bill (read: Kwang Soo, Haha, Jae Suk, and now Somin) and I love them for all that they contribute to the show. But for me, one of Ji Hyo's biggest appeals is her natural charm––this goes for her beauty (girl can rock a no-makeup bare face better than anyone I've seen in the business) and her variety persona. In real life, no one really acts in the slapstick, exaggerated way that people act on variety because, let's face: if people do, then everyone things that they're obnoxious as richard simmons. Ji Hyo's obviously not the type to do act like that in real life, so naturally, she probably wouldn't have a variety persona that acts like that. Sure, she has Gangsta Ji Hyo and Ace Ji Hyo, but it's not the persona she adopts 24/7 when filming because it's not who she really is. And honestly? It would probably be really exhausting to watch, just like the recent episodes of Running Man (for me, you can definitely agree to disagree).

What makes Ji Hyo such a great cast member of Running Man is the fact that she isn't constantly this huge personality. Her reactions to all of these hijinks was something that made me start to really like her––she (and others who fill this role) sets the tone for how the audience should react to all of the crazy stuff going on, and it really balances out all of the loud personalities. This is really important to me, not only because constant craziness is exhausting to watch, but you also get really desensitized to the hilarity and the craziness. It's like hanging out with a group of friends who all act like people typically do in variety––it sounds fun for very short spurts of time, but after a few minutes you're exhausted and tired and just want to go home. 

Ji Hyo's style of variety adds a much-needed reprieve from all of that, because it's very natural. She's entertaining in a quieter way; she has a very distinct body language that's adorable but also really entertaining to watch. She also has this quiet sense of determination about her when she's doing challenges. And when she does start to adopt one of her variety personas? The fact that she uses them rather sparingly in comparison to other cast members means that these moments are probably going to be really entertaining. 

Myuk PD and Jo PD were really good at recognizing this and utilizing it. Na PD's skill in this is basically what separates him from all other PDs (in my eyes), since it's what lets him make a bunch of hit shows out of people doing mundane things. And the current PD (is it Jung PD now?) is pretty effing terrible at it, and sticks to what's probably familiar to him––typical crazy variety. This might contribute to his complete!fixation on Somin.

I love(d?) Running Man because it stepped away from the typical variety mold by introducing new activities (name-tag ripping, ddakji, etc.) and a new energy (kudos to the cast dynamic that we all love). So I'm disappointed with the way the show is being edited lately because it seems like the current PDs are depending really heavily on this typical variety mold––hence, this extreme focus on Somin. And this skewed focus on Somin's antics might be attributing to some people interpreting her as fake, or an attention-seeker. Which I don't really think she is? Idk, I obviously don't know her irl and haven't seen enough of her in interviews or variety. I actually really love interactions between the MyungDol Sisters because they balance each other out really well. 

tl;dr: I like Somin, but I think she (AND THE SHOW) would benefit from a sense of balance provided by some of the quieter members of the show (who are more likely to be accused of doing nothing/not being active). Running Man PDs: be better and stop encouraging fan wars within your own fandom. SBS higher-ups: find PDs who are actually good at their jobs, oh my god. Song Ji Hyo Unnie: if these PDs continue to not do you justice pls go on a show with Na PD because that would be pure gold. 

edit: oh god guys i just posted this and i'm so sorry for the length if anyone actually reads the whole thing.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, silvershine.bells said:

Hi everyone! First time posting here––I've been a longtime fan of Ji Hyo and Running Man, and I've just recently rediscovered Soompi forums hahaha. 

...this post will probably be super long, because I've had a really niggling feeling about the treatment towards some of the quieter castmates like Ji Hyo in recent episodes that I ended up having a lot of thoughts about. My points about the editing applies to all of them (Suk Jin, Jong Kook, GARY T___T), but since this is specifically a Ji Hyo form I'm making it specific to Ji Hyo. Those thoughts are all over the place, so I'm sorry if it's kind of jumbled and hard to read/understand. Also sorry for all the bolds and italics, my feelings are pretty strong.

First off, a disclaimer: I do like Somin––I think she's funny and sweet. Like many have said before me, the problem that I have is the PD's and the editing's treatment of Ji Hyo as of late. This really isn't meant to be a Somin bashing type post at all––I understand that a new cast member will undoubtedly get more screen time in the beginning. But even then, between Somin and Se Chan, Somin's getting a large amount of focus and attention from the PDs. (This could also be attributed to other things, like the fact that Somin is a girl, or that she fits the bill of a typical variety member, but I digress.)

I know some people attribute Ji Hyo's recent lack of quality screen time to her own lack of activity on the show. This is what's really been annoying me, because I think Ji Hyo's version of being active and entertaining on the show is very different from what people typically associate with being active for Korean variety. Typical Korean variety is very slapstick humor, very exaggerated, and/or laughably quirky/weird, and people who have large personalities and presence typically thrive in this setting. The cast of Running Man definitely has people who can fit that bill (read: Kwang Soo, Haha, Jae Suk, and now Somin) and I love them for all that they contribute to the show. But for me, one of Ji Hyo's biggest appeals is her natural charm––this goes for her beauty (girl can rock a no-makeup bare face better than anyone I've seen in the business) and her variety persona. In real life, no one really acts in the slapstick, exaggerated way that people act on variety because, let's face: if people do, then everyone things that they're obnoxious as richard simmons. Ji Hyo's obviously not the type to do act like that in real life, so naturally, she probably wouldn't have a variety persona that acts like that. Sure, she has Gangsta Ji Hyo and Ace Ji Hyo, but it's not the persona she adopts 24/7 when filming because it's not who she really is. And honestly? It would probably be really exhausting to watch, just like the recent episodes of Running Man (for me, you can definitely agree to disagree).

What makes Ji Hyo such a great cast member of Running Man is the fact that she isn't constantly this huge personality. Her reactions to all of these hijinks was something that made me start to really like her––she (and others who fill this role) sets the tone for how the audience should react to all of the crazy stuff going on, and it really balances out all of the loud personalities. This is really important to me, not only because constant craziness is exhausting to watch, but you also get really desensitized to the hilarity and the craziness. It's like hanging out with a group of friends who all act like people typically do in variety––it sounds fun for very short spurts of time, but after a few minutes you're exhausted and tired and just want to go home. 

Ji Hyo's style of variety adds a much-needed reprieve from all of that, because it's very natural. She's entertaining in a quieter way; she has a very distinct body language that's adorable but also really entertaining to watch. She also has this quiet sense of determination about her when she's doing challenges. And when she does start to adopt one of her variety personas? The fact that she uses them rather sparingly in comparison to other cast members means that these moments are probably going to be really entertaining. 

Myuk PD and Jo PD were really good at recognizing this and utilizing it. Na PD's skill in this is basically what separates him from all other PDs (in my eyes), since it's what lets him make a bunch of hit shows out of people doing mundane things. And the current PD (is it Jung PD now?) is pretty effing terrible at it, and sticks to what's probably familiar to him––typical crazy variety. This might contribute to his complete!fixation on Somin.

I love(d?) Running Man because it stepped away from the typical variety mold by introducing new activities (name-tag ripping, ddakji, etc.) and a new energy (kudos to the cast dynamic that we all love). So I'm disappointed with the way the show is being edited lately because it seems like the current PDs are depending really heavily on this typical variety mold––hence, this extreme focus on Somin. And this skewed focus on Somin's antics might be attributing to some people interpreting her as fake, or an attention-seeker. Which I don't really think she is? Idk, I obviously don't know her irl and haven't seen enough of her in interviews or variety. I actually really love interactions between the MyungDol Sisters because they balance each other out really well. 

tl;dr: I like Somin, but I think she (AND THE SHOW) would benefit from a sense of balance provided by some of the quieter members of the show (who are more likely to be accused of doing nothing/not being active). Running Man PDs: be better and stop encouraging fan wars within your own fandom. SBS higher-ups: find PDs who are actually good at their jobs, oh my god. Song Ji Hyo Unnie: if these PDs continue to not do you justice pls go on a show with Na PD because that would be pure gold. 

edit: oh god guys i just posted this and i'm so sorry for the length if anyone actually reads the whole thing.

Welcome to the Song Ji Hyo thread silvershine.bells, it's always nice to meet new fans, and i agree with your post, song ji hyo is entertaining by just being her natural easygoing charming self, who just by her interaction with the other members and guests could create soo many interesting moments, it's no coincidence that SJH is one of the most popular RM members, but this new PD and director seem unably to grasp what and who made runningman popular in the first place, and like you said if they can't do their job probably and be fair, then i also wish SJH would just go on another show, or start filming more dramas/movies instead of wasting her time, effort and talent on this show!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, silvershine.bells said:

Welcome :). I actually read and agreed with everything you said here, it is so sad that SBS/the higher up has abandoned international fans and go with the traditional Korean variety. When Myuk PD resigned I already got bad feelings - but now things have turned out to be much worse than I thought.

I hope JH will be in a show when people know how to value her more, whether it is drama/variety/movie/beauty/dating show. 

• Like 3

Sorry for the bad quality, I watched live streem of the vip premier Battleship Island to see JH and I got so excited to see her that I almost forgot to printscreen :))

Also, I just realized that I double -post out of excitement, if it is spam then feel free to combine/delete it 

QECSKa5.jpgr

• Like 4

DFLeTlEVwAAN4M4.jpg

Song Ji Hyo looks absolutly stunning, but i wish she wouldn't wear loose dresses so often, she has such a nice sexy figure and a short tight dress once in a while would really do her killer looks more justice!

• Like 2