☆ ★ [[ V I E T N A M E S E net idols ❤ ]]

Guest Inconnu

^ hahaha :D ... after reading the long long post of the last page and reading ur post... I can't help but laugh [not in a bad or good way] about it -____-''

the person with long post about how beautiful Viets shudn't be clarified as they don't look Viet: I totally agree with you *hug*

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blue_shoe

oh jeezers, they're so pretty XD i swear, most of them look so korean that i can't even tell that they're viet =X

how do they look korean? they look like asian who happens to be viet

Guest aznpridefolife441

they dont look korean to me, just asian people who maybe have korean influence styles.

I just browsed the Thai ulzzang thread.... a lot of them pose cute faces and have styles similar to the Viet ulzzangs.... but I didn't see anything like "they're copying Korean/Chinese styles" or "they look Korean more than Thai" or anything like that.... but only the Viet ulzzangs got those types of comments~ I wonder why?! :blink:

and of course I don't mean to offend any Thai ppl... it's just a wondering~ ... why do the Viet ulzzangs always receive that kind of prejudice ?! ><

do those ulzzangs have to wear the Viet ao dai or lousy/outdated styles like the Viet ppl of many years ago in order to look like Viet?! jeez... it's 21 century already... give Vietnam a chance to progress~ -_-

kk i'm done... xD

Guest Inconnu

^ That's because most of the people that say "Wow, they dont look Viet but Korean" are usually

Vietnamese people themselves... :lol:

I like the Thai uhljjang thread. ^^ It's so peaceful and quiet there. Haha. o_o Unlike this thread.

Guest tuesday

I just browsed the Thai ulzzang thread.... a lot of them pose cute faces and have styles similar to the Viet ulzzangs.... but I didn't see anything like "they're copying Korean/Chinese styles" or "they look Korean more than Thai" or anything like that.... but only the Viet ulzzangs got those types of comments~ I wonder why?! :blink:

and of course I don't mean to offend any Thai ppl... it's just a wondering~ ... why do the Viet ulzzangs always receive that kind of prejudice ?! ><

there was actually some ~*~*drama*~* in the Thai thread as well. Soompiers kept saying that the people posted weren't "truly" Thai since some of them came from a Chinese background or were of Chinese ethnicity. Blah blah.

But none of the threads have as many arguments as this one! I can kind of understand where some of these ideas are coming from. I'm Viet and it's hard for me to believe that some of the uhljjangs are viet, considering the way they dress, pose, do their hair. I think it mainly has to do with the fact that Vietnam tends to follow the trends that China/Korea/Japan set up(fashion, hairstyles,etc). Not to mention the fact that some of the girls have nicknames like "Japan" or "Ayumi" or whatever makes it pretty confusing.

Come on now, have a little pride in your own ethnicity. :rolleyes:

Guest alainachen_604

doesnt anybody remember lisa le? or ly LOLS

i love her! she looks mixed ^_^ very pretty!

anybody gots her xanga?

seriously anybody?? lol

I like the Thai uhljjang thread. ^^ It's so peaceful and quiet there. Haha. o_o Unlike this thread.

I remember someone said that if you don't argue back you're not Vietnamese! :ph34r:

So that's why there's so much drama :P

^ i totally agree wtih you

took me awhile to read haha XD

I do know that some things I said needed to be said [not to be cocky or anything], but...

Can you answer some of my questions too? :tears: I'm so curious about the Viet uhlzzangs.

oh jeezers, they're so pretty XD i swear, most of them look so korean that i can't even tell that they're viet =X

What do you mean they 'look Korean'? Because they're pretty?! Do you seriously think that Koreans are the prettiest race in the world?? Because I see the Korean [and Japanese, etc] exchange students in my university and they don't look like Yun Eunhye or Joo Jihoon--they don't look any prettier nor uglier than the average student of any other race.

^ hahaha :D ... after reading the long long post of the last page and reading ur post... I can't help but laugh [not in a bad or good way] about it -____-''

the person with long post about how beautiful Viets shudn't be clarified as they don't look Viet: I totally agree with you *hug*

I'm assuming you meant me. [i really hope that doesn't sound cocky. :sweatingbullets: ]

Any info about the beautiful Viets? :sweatingbullets: I'm a newcomer in this thread and all that [and I barged in with a long argumentative post :wacko: ] so I have absolutely no clue about Nguyen Thanh Lam or Van Quy or Thanh Van or Kelbin, and I'm REALLY curious.

how do they look korean? they look like asian who happens to be viet

Because they're comparable to the Korean celebrities in terms of beauty? :rolleyes: Some people here are so blinded by K-pop and K-dramas that they actually believe the average Korean guy looks like Jo Insung and the average Korean woman looks like Kim Taehee. It's both laughable and frustrating.

they dont look korean to me, just asian people who maybe have korean influence styles.

Even their style shouldn't be called 'Korean style'. As I said, fashion trends are similar all around the world. When leggings and tights and skinny jeans and long tops and ultra-minis made such a splash, did you think that was limited to the Korean--heck--East Asian fashion world?? No, even Western women wore them.

And truthfully, if you're going to try to pinpoint the source that made 'cute' a worldwide fashion trend, that would actually be Japan, not Korea. But even the 'kawaii' fashions of Japan have been influenced by a hundred different things [Victorian fashion plates, traditional Japanese and Chinese wear, emo style, Disney, etc].

I know being in Soompi makes it seem that everything beautiful can only come from Korea, but really. Get informed please.

That's because most of the people that say "Wow, they dont look Viet but Korean" are usually

Vietnamese people themselves... :lol:

Well frankly, the average Vietnamese can't expect the beautiful Vietnamese to look how they look like. [Anymore than the average Korean can expect to look like Song Hyekyo--or say that Song Hyekyo looks like the average Korean. Pshaw. Those haters just richard simmons me off--if they show me at least twenty non-celebrity Korean women who are comparable to Song Hyekyo, then I'll believe them. But there aren't even ten Korean celebrities comparable to Song Hyekyo.]

Someone please answer my questions about the Viet uhlzzangs!! :unsure:

yeah... i meant you ^^.... i was too lazy to go back a page and see ur username xD pardon me for my laziness :) ... btw, wat's ur name?!

kk I'll try to answer some of ur questions as much as possible:

Andy is 19 according to year... tat's what I think~... [Reese, Jackiee, anyone help me out on this xD]

eehh... about the new faces... i'm not sure if calling them ulzzangs is correct or not... since ur new to this thread, you didn't know that we kidna changed the concept a lil bit~... the title of the thread says ulzzangs... but some of these ppl are actually ulzzangs... the rest are more like net idols or just random beautiful Viets around the world~...

and,,, i think tat's all i can answer you xD sorry.. i don't know much either ><

Guest Swtess

I remember someone said that if you don't argue back you're not Vietnamese! :ph34r:

lol so true. Us viets are such ba tam.

Guest alainachen_604

SO MUCH SPAMMING!

where are the pictures? jeez LOL

i want bao thy and lisa le!! please :)

Guest tuesday

Millie - your justifications make sense, but don't waste your breath. There's too many ignorant people on Soompi and the stereotype that Vietnamese people aren't ever as pretty as Chinese/Korean/Japanese will continue to stand.

there's way too much spam over social problems in here.

Guest ~koe*no*sainou~

hey...do viet celebrities ever get plastic surgery? O.o; just wondering. cuz my mommy always talks about how viet girls get their eyelids and noses fixed a lot.

like my sis got her lips, nose, and eyes fixed *_*

Guest JeannieV.

:crazy: who knew just one little sentance of mine would make such a big deal? =___=v"

I'm just saying and stating my opinion.

more pictures anyone?

some viet celebrities do... that gal Lệ Quyên got her nose fixed... but it didn't make her any prettier -_- .... but gal groups or guy groups like Mây Trắng, Mắt Ngọc, Thu Thủy, Mỹ Tâm [i'm not sure about this gal... but her eyes are totally natural.. i'm not sure about her nose ^^''] or all the boybands don't undergo surgeries~ I think ur mom talking about the singers overseas... like in Paris By Night, Van Son, or Asia Entertainment... but most of the singers/celeb in Vietnam don't undergo surgeries...

since this page is mostly words... i'll post up some Bim Bim updates ^^

Bim Bim

616263997_1b8f98ac55.jpg

545097751_6fafb9453d.jpg

this guy is new... in 360, his name is A Wei... I think he's cute ^^;;

1bb3.jpg

this gal names Kimmie... i think i have mentioned long ago that she's the Miss YeuAmNhac this year~ she's good friends with Andy H ^^

310413185_fe11a4f0d8.jpg

310413184_63ddb7b615.jpg

310425838_b9216f95f2.jpg

364844984_2b145ca96e.jpg

Pei [i think her pics have been posted... yes? no?!]

IMG_042712cut.jpg

18.jpg

tat's it for today ^^;;

Guest .moony.

lol haha funny saying.

or maybe we just like to argue with those ignorant people XD i personally do...I want to make them feel like they are so ignorant to the point they have to stop arguing with me in order to save face lol :sweatingbullets:

But the truth is that when someone says something racist/stupid, if you dont tell them that it is, they will most likely say it again.

Guest JiPyO

doesnt anybody remember lisa le? or ly LOLS

i love her! she looks mixed ^_^ very pretty!

anybody gots her xanga?

seriously anybody?? lol

lisa le is one of my close friends. you can stop by and say hi @ her xanga or myspace.

www.xanga.com/liserlyy

www.myspace.com/lisaredbull

and for old times sake. here is lisa's newest.

picture213lq4.jpg

if you want to see more, just reply. ^_^ oh & btw, she is not mixed. 100% vietnamese.

I think that the "ulzzangs" from Vietnam aren't as pretty as the ulzzangs from the U.S., Australia, Germany or whichever other country they're from.

I'd like to see more Lisa Le =P

Very pretty gal.

Archived