* Genre: Family / Romance

* Episodes: 26

* Broadcast network: TTV

* Broadcast period: 2003

* Air time:

* Opening theme song: 花都開好了 (Hua Dou Kai Hao Le) The Flowers Bloomed by S.H.E

* Ending theme song: 葉子 (Ye Zi) Leaf by Ah Sang

Synopsis

A stone with an ugly outward appearance and not catching to the eye: Would people be able to see the glittering gem that is wrapped around inside?

Being looked down by people for a long time, cold and indifferent treatments, It will gradually turn rusty and lose its brilliance; Or maybe after experiencing all these hardships, It's lustre and beauty will be highlighted even more? more....

therose-1.jpg

Cast

* Ella as Zheng Bai He (鄭百合)

* Huang Zhi Wei as Han Jin (韓菫)

* Joe Cheng as Han Kui (韓葵)

* Joelle Lu as Han Fu Rong (韓芙蓉)

* Cecilia Yip (葉童) as Han Li (韓俐)

* Billie as Ah Puo (婆婆)

* Selina as Zhuang Zhe Qin (莊哲芹) and Da Ya Man

* Hebe as Xiao Feng (曉楓)

* Hong Jiao Nang as Mao Ji (貓吉)

* Z-Chen (張智成) as Shan Bo (山柏)

* Senda Aisa as Bai He's friend

* Zeng Guo Cheng as mother's boyfriend

* Dylan Kuo as mother's boyfriend

* Kenji Wu (吳克群) as Mao Ji's friend

* Zhang Hao Ming (張皓明) as Mao Ji's manga editor

* Renzo Liu as Li Zhi Mao

* Qian De Men (乾德門) as Bai He's grandfather

SOURCE : 薔薇之戀

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kAytiieee

Ohh! Is this new! I've never saw it before! The Rose Eh! Sounds okay! lolz Joe Cheng looks funny!

Nah, this drama ain't new...it's like 2+ years old lol but yeeeeaahh it's not a bad drama actually!! *nods*

But the whole drama pretty much mainly takes place inside a house though...just letting some of ya'll know~

Guest -AngelzKiss-

i hafta say i really liked this drama.

the plot seems kinda complex and weird.. but i actually enjoyed it quite a bit lol

Guest .moony.

one of my fav dramas :) based on a manga and it follows the story quite well...and Joe's acting in here is just marvelous :) he really makes the audience love him, even tho his character is just weird wahahha

def recommended. i enjoyed it more than some famous tdramas out there =)

Guest xojiang

i thought this drama was okay.

i liked the manga more. U__U"~~

but it has its cute and funny parts, the actors + actresses were okay.

i thought it stuck to the manga quite well.

I thought the story was sweet even if the incest thing is a bit disturbing. If I'm not mistaken, this drama lauched Ella's credibility as an actress. She was excellent in this drama. of course not forgetting Jerry Huang and Joe Cheng... Too bad about Jerry though. It seems he's disappeared from the acting world.

I love Joe, he appears a bit girlish in this drama, I haven't seen it but I came across some pictures. Wondering if this is worth a watch. Hm..

Guest asianromance

I thought the story was sweet even if the incest thing is a bit disturbing. If I'm not mistaken, this drama lauched Ella's credibility as an actress. She was excellent in this drama. of course not forgetting Jerry Huang and Joe Cheng... Too bad about Jerry though. It seems he's disappeared from the acting world.

I've only watched 16 episodes of this so far....

I thought Jerry was one of the worst actors I've ever seen, hot as he is. But yeah the incest thing was a bit disturbing but refreshing because it made the drama different. It was like comedy, romance, and drama mixed in with darker elements- the incest thing, a mother's abandonment, and the kids' struggle for acceptance. The drama was a bit slow but the pace made the story all the more compelling [with the exception of the scenes between Jerry's character and his old gf].

Ella and Joe were great in this. Ella, though I thought [and still think] her acting is a bit exaggerated at times- she nailed all the important scenes with the right amt of sincerity and emotion. Joe was so awesome-I know that no actor can reproduce or outdo the way he portrayed the complex Kui.

Guest kAytiieee

I've only watched 16 episodes of this so far....

I thought Jerry was one of the worst actors I've ever seen, hot as he is. But yeah the incest thing was a bit disturbing but refreshing because it made the drama different. It was like comedy, romance, and drama mixed in with darker elements- the incest thing, a mother's abandonment, and the kids' struggle for acceptance. The drama was a bit slow but the pace made the story all the more compelling [with the exception of the scenes between Jerry's character and his old gf].

Ella and Joe were great in this. Ella, though I thought [and still think] her acting is a bit exaggerated at times- she nailed all the important scenes with the right amt of sincerity and emotion. Joe was so awesome-I know that no actor can reproduce or outdo the way he portrayed the complex Kui.

Yeah to be honest, that's (the words in red) what kinda got me to continue watching this drama...along with the addition of great humor on many parts :lol::lol:

Guest .moony.

I agree with you wholeheartedly :D Ella really overdoes it sometimes, and tho I like her in The Rose. I seriously can't stand her in Hana Kimi XDD

But joe was awesome in this yes (i think he did better in here than in ISWAK), Kui in the manga would not have come to life if it wasn't for Joe :D

I didn't care much about the incest thing...it was more like a joke, and Kui is just confused about his gender :D so ^^

I never get to finish this drama. The incest storyline disturbed me. And the kissing between brothers?!? eekk THe Rose was my first time knowing who Jerry was. Too bad he kinda disappear. He has an unique look to him.

Guest siumeimei1023

one of my favorite drama... i wouldnt call the incest theme disturbing cuz i really didnt feel that way... i was really rooting for joe and ella even tho i kno they were bro and sis in the drama... but yea..~~ highly recommanded by me..~~

even tho joe looks weird in there i found him VERY VERY cute!

Guest pinkshoe

my favorite serial TV ever. i watch it again and again for almost two years. smile, crying, laugh, wander, wonder, afraid, surprised. all mixed up.

one word PERFECT.

I like Joe Zheng and Ella together.

Archived