ULZZANG MANIA

Guest P a p e r_C l i p

Please don't get mad at me for asking this but I still don't understand what an ulzzang is or does. Are ulzzangs models, trainees, or neither? The original post says that they're popular for their looks but how to people find out about them? Are they like popular through social networking sites (like Tila Tequila is from myspace?) or are they known from being seen with other famous celebrities?

An ulzzang is basically someone with a pretty face. Not all are models but some are, and they've usually become models after being known as an ulzzang.

I dont really know any ulzzang's that are trainees though o_O

People found out through them originally through contests both online and real life especially for ulzzangs. Basically cpntests for who has the prettiest face xD

But nowadays, if you're pretty i guess you just become popular through the internet or when people see you and stuff

• Replies 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ yes.. Ulzzang means best face. It typically means anyone with the BEST FACE. But don't be fooled by the 'wannabes' and 'posers.' When the word ulzzang was first used, it was strictly used to pinpoint someone who WON OFFICIAL ONLINE ULZZANG CONTEST, but these days the word has been widely used and it lost it's character. Now, Ulzzang is used as just anyone with a nice face (and is popular). You're basically a 'WANNABE ULZZANG" if you are a camwhore and you try to be an Ulzzang. Real ulzzangs have alot of Internet Popularity and is just BEYOND BEAUTIFUL.

Please don't get mad at me for asking this but I still don't understand what an ulzzang is or does. Are ulzzangs models, trainees, or neither? The original post says that they're popular for their looks but how to people find out about them? Are they like popular through social networking sites (like Tila Tequila is from myspace?) or are they known from being seen with other famous celebrities?

Hmm, don't worry, no one's mad at you, haha, some other people have asked what ulzzang actually is. Originally, ulzzang is people who won an online contest about "best face" in a website (i think the name of the website is Haduri). Of course they become famous since that website publish the pictures taken by themselves (usually in front of the computer, haha) and people have to vote them online...., but nowadays, as the website's not popular anymore, the contest also becomes unpopular either, thus there are not many new ulzzang anymore, and the remaining ulzzangs now are usually known for modelling for clothing sites and from their cyworld (it's the same as myspace). So yeah, that's how people know ulzzang....

I hope it helps... :)

Guest Yuvi22

cannot help but think about song jiyeong's tattoo...

that is one major mistake...that is permanently stuck on her. O_O

...sucks to be her now. [laugh]

^ LMFAO that's so true

"don't understimate mate me"

maybe its got some hidden meaning behind that only she knows. an inside joke ? aha

RANDOM.. i just did my nails like borams

you know the ones that match with her mushroom slippers

they are just so cute :3

any spams, guys ? this whole page is full of writing :\

i've got photos.. but they are all from here

does jang sohee have any new pictures ? i like her (:

or suhyun ? chihoon ? i'm really bored :(

Guest ino_tenten

I'm just curious, I'm not trying to be rude or anything,

but why are people so obsessed about ulzzangs?? i

don't understand why you would spend so much time

on other people when they are not celebrities or anything!!

wow...

hmm too answer your question (in MY opinion) i like to come on here to look at Ulzzangs

not because they are pretty (its obvious half of them arent even good looking so it really should be called "best photo of the day" not best face ) but i LOVE there style

there clothes is very funky and there photography is cool too (im taking photography class)

also i like too look at ppl who did plastic surgery dont ask me why.. its just i like to look at what ppl would look like if they arent natural.

I know this was asked before.

I couldn't find it the answer.

What cameras do ulzzangs normally used?

I mean the professional cameras.

Cannon, Olympus, Nixon, etc.

Please & Thank You :]♥

If you're thinking of getting a cam, get a Nikon digital SLR with a wide lens (not single lens). Canon is not too bad either it's just that Nikon is preferred over Canon in terms of portraiture (says all my photographer friends). But Canon tends to really jump it up a notch in terms of colours (more lively I guess?). Part of the reason why ulzaangs look really good has a lot to do with the quality of their pics that is obviously produced by their sexy cameras. It's very difficult to get pics in that quality with a normal digicam. Seriously though, the differences between pics taken with a normal digital camera versus a digital SLR ARE ENORMOUS!! Don't underestimate the power of a sexy camera, lol.

(p.s. Normal Digital SLR's range from around $600-2000. Get an older model to get lower prices, they're not bad)

Guest 2partsvodka

^ mikki had a younger bf for a while, right? not sure if they're still together

i think she had a thing with sua's younger brother..for a while.

but no actual bf...basically after the break up you see pictures of her with a lot of different guys..

Guest mopwns

I think SJY's tattoo on the back is big mistake.

T__T

at first when I saw it,

I was like,

wow thats really nice,

but the more I look at it [ which is a lot ]

It says

"don't understimate mate me"

the extra mate and undertimate me,

just don't make sense.

But it still looks nice,

if you don't pay attention to what it says.

Did BiHyul get a mushroom cut?

SINCE WHEN?

It think it looks so hot!

=p

she's the best guy ever.

=P

she's the best guy ever.

Omg. I love you for that comment. She does make the best guy ever.

Haha I think it's like a big trend there to get a mushroom cut...

Cause I saw some article somewhere about them. xD

Anyways a bihyul mini spam!!! I've been missing seeing her pics.

does anyone know today is SaeAm's birthday?

Happy birthday to Sae Am eventhough it's a bit late....

But don't you realize that it means that yesterday was Boram's birthday as well? Wakaka, they're twins....

So Happy Birthday to Boram and it's a bit late as well....

Oh, and yep, it's DAUM, Haduri is the other website where they take pictures and stuff...., I apologize for the mistake...

Guest yonkz_yo

waw...

there are many ulzzang in korea...

ng,, i have some... but can't take them picture cause it's in msn ^^

Archived