NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest res0nate

Let's talk B-Diddy!

lol at Lebron leaving. Money vs taking your home town to a championship.

edit - Wiz and Gil for max money.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Viet_teKniks
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Diop's not gonna help. I believe the Mavs have Magloire now and I'd prefer him over Diop anyday. And assuming either Celtics or Mavs are mad enough to waste their mid-level exception, I'm pretty sure I'd chose the better team :phew:

What's Shan Foster gonna do? Shooter threes with his ugly form behind Howard, Terry, Stackhouse and Eddie Jones with his player option? Oooh and in the West too? Come on.

magloire is nothing i he wasnt even a factor when he signed with the mavs and diop may not be a scorer but wat we need behind dampier is a low post force that we are lacking...

and shan foster was a great pick at the 51st pick are u kidding me...hes gonna be good this year...just will take some time

Guest epark1281

magloire is nothing i he wasnt even a factor when he signed with the mavs and diop may not be a scorer but wat we need behind dampier is a low post force that we are lacking...

and shan foster was a great pick at the 51st pick are u kidding me...hes gonna be good this year...just will take some time

Magloire WAS good, he's just 88 years old. And what exactly makes you think Diop is a low post "force"? As far as i'm concerned, you should be worried about your STARTING center, not your BACKUP center, fanboy. Either way, Dampier is a scorer and a defensive LIABILITY, Diop is a low post defender and an OFFENSIVE LIABILITY. You have two halves of the equation in two players. And do you SERIOUSLY think that three point buckets is the gaping hole in Dallas's game?

Get outta here fan boy.

You're the only one who's so high on Foster. Ya'll had a chance to draft a true power foward in Darnell Jackson, and Cuban blew it.

Might I remind you, Cuban sent away a FIRST ROUND PICK so you guys could get Jason Kidd at age 79. Instead of the Nets wondering who they could send this pg who's another injury away from hitting up a retirement home, they get Brook Lopez and Ryan Anderson. And MIGHT I REMIND YOU at pick no. 21, Kosta Koufos, D.J. White, AND J. R. Giddens was avaliable.

So how did that Kidd trade work out for Dallas?

Cuban is UBER FAIL, and you're just a fanboy that's TOO FANBOY to admit it.

Dallas's draft this year was UBER FAIL this year, simply on the basis of the Kidd deal and what you got out of it.

After the trade J Kidd averaged 10 points, 9.5 dimes, and two steals per and a 42% fg

Devin Harris averaged 15 pts, 6.5 dimes, 1.4 steals and 43% fg

AND YOU GUYS GAVE UP TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS for Kidd.

The eight-player deal, in the making since before the All-Star break and talked about a lot longer than that, sends Kidd, forward Malik Allen and guard Antoine Wright to Dallas.

The primary piece headed to New Jersey is point guard Devin Harris. The others are center DeSagana Diop, swingman Maurice Ager, forward Trenton Hassell and retired forward Keith Van Horn. New Jersey also gets two first-round draft picks and $3 million.

Great decision, Right?

Dallas needs a true low post game, and you guys have none.

You have a 7 foot swingman and two halves of a center.

And exactly how much cap space does Dallas have compared to the Nets that he's sure he'll get more money from Dallas than NJ?

EXACTLY, FANBOY.

On a different note:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3468173

Lebron to Brooklyn's got REAL LEGS.

I will DEF. sign up for season tickets if he comes to the Nets

Guest mojomunkeez

So Baron Davis opts out of his contract to test the waters. Obviously, he can sign a new deal with the Warriors, but with the team needing to resign both Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins, chances are he won't get the money he wants.

Hell, he won't get it anywhere else, either. Unless he wants to play for the Grizzlies or Andre Iguodala opts out of his contract, too.

Sources say that the Clippers want him, but if they want to resign Elton Brand, they may not have enough money.

That said, Davis has said that he wants to stay with the Warriors, just for more money, but above all, he wants to win. He's had great success with the Warriors, but I think he knows that Nellie's small ball approach can win a few ballgames, but will definitely not win any championships.

...now wouldn't it be cool if he took a huge paycut and signed a midlevel deal with the Lakers? He and Kobe are great friends and he's always expressed interest in playing for the Lakers.

Guest epark1281

Sorry,

Sources say Elton Brand wants a pay cut if it means getting Baron, which is the reason why Brand opted out of his contract. I know you're a Lakers fanboy, but a Davis, Kobe, Gasol and Bynum combo is pie in the sky.

Guest GO!zilla

only thing on lakers agenda this off season is health and fitness improvement of players and signing vujacic and turiaf.

other than that... i can only see them "listening" to offers for odom, walton, and vlade.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Uhm, that's because the Mavs picked him up late season and had little time to get him to learn their game system... Jason Kidd could vouch for that. Furthermore, Magloire was just a shoo-in to replace Diop temporarily.

If anything, blame your Mavs coaching for not giving him the time. Same in NJ, Lawrence Frank did a lousy job with managing a consistent line-up last season in New Jersey, with a crowded front court rotation in Boone, Williams, Collins and Krstic. Hence why Magloire did nothing.

He's only 30, and played well even off the bench in Portland. I'd take him over Diop.

Eddie Jones and Juwan Howard didn't do jack with the Mavs after signing.

And Foster's not gonna get much floor time behind Terry, Howard, Stackhouse, Devean George, Antoine Wright. The last two don't even do much, yet the Mavs wanna re-sign them. Only place Foster is gonna get playing time in 08-09 is in the D-League, buddy.

So long as Mark Cuban runs the Mavericks, expect more ridiculous deals and flops.

epark1281: play nice.

Guest Krn_Track_Star

wow b. davis signs a 5 yr deal with the clippers. dang.

man i hate how the players can opt out the last year of their contract. i wish they had took that rule out make them play through their contract. i mean they made the commitment of signing with the team and not play through its stupid. its stupid how if the team lets go a player under contract they have to pay him through his contact n yet wen the players just opts out he still get paid portion of his contract. soo stupid.

man the Dallas Mavericks got a great 51st pick in Shan Foster...man that dude can shoot them threes...and we need a good shooter

sorry to burst ur bubble but the mavs are in heavy pursuit to regain desagana diop so he can back up erick dampier as he did before the nets mavs trade

Apology accepted? :blink:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Diop's not gonna help. I believe the Mavs have Magloire now and I'd prefer him over Diop anyday. And assuming either Celtics or Mavs are mad enough to waste their mid-level exception, I'm pretty sure I'd chose the better team :phew:

What's Shan Foster gonna do? Shooter threes with his ugly form behind Howard, Terry, Stackhouse and Eddie Jones with his player option? Oooh and in the West too? Come on.

It's sad to see how Magloire has fallen so rapidly.

A few years ago he was an All-Star with the Hornets and now he's just a backup center.

Shan Foster will probably be sent to the D-League. Mavs are in win-mode now and wouldn't use him over the likes of proven veterans. Maybe if they were rebuilding.

That's pretty contradictory.

Aka, he won't be good this year at least.

man i hate how the players can opt out the last year of their contract. i wish they had took that rule out make them play through their contract. i mean they made the commitment of signing with the team and not play through its stupid. its stupid how if the team lets go a player under contract they have to pay him through his contact n yet wen the players just opts out he still get paid portion of his contract. soo stupid.

He just screwed the Warriors.

A line-up of Monta Ellis, KA (if they resign him), S-Jax, Al Harrington and Biedrins is talented but is not gonna get anywhere in the super competitive west.

The 2nd playoff drought continues...

Guest kayla.
Clipps are going to be top team in Cali.

lol good one. You mean since they got Baron now? If the Warriors couldn't do it with Baron, what makes you think the Clippers can?

Probably being biased, but Lakers are still going to be the top team in Cali. Their fuel might have ran out in the finals, but big man Andrew Bynum is coming back.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
lol good one. You mean since they got Baron now? If the Warriors couldn't do it with Baron, what makes you think the Clippers can?

Probably being biased, but Lakers are still going to be the top team in Cali. Their fuel might have ran out in the finals, but big man Andrew Bynum is coming back.

Assuming Maggette and Brand re-sign with the Clippers, that's a pretty dangerous line-up with Baron Davis + Chris Kaman who played well this year. B-Diddy gives them the perimeter shooting they've lacked for a while with the exception of Mobley. And with youth talent in Al Thornton?

Golden State played no defense, Clippers have decent defensive presence in Brand and Kaman.

No discredit to the Lakers, but there's bound to be some restructuring going on this off season. with Vlad, Walton, Odom and even Sasha as potential guys gone, you can't determine instant dominance with a roster of Bynum, Gasol, Kobe when roster stability issues arise; not yet anyway. I'm not gonna call the Clippers the best yet either, I dunno if they have enough money to accomodate Brand and Maggette.

nah, raptors will be top team in the east.

Lol, I'll settle for 3rd-4th seed. We still get stomped by the Pistons every year. Can hold off against Boston, Cavs and Magic though.

Uhm...

First of all, the player option is designed to accommodate the player. If he signs a 3 year contract with a player option for a 4th year, that means it's just a 3 year contract, and if he feels like it, he can come back for the 4th year. If the player is unhappy with his team's situation or salary, he can decline to pick up the 4th year option, and become a free agent.

He does NOT get paid for the fourth year if he opts out. I don't know WHERE IN THE WORLD you got that idea from. The only time a player gets paid for a portion of his contract without playing is if he's bought out.

Team options and player options are designed to extend a player's tenure with a team if it works out for both sides and for salary cap purposes. Clearly, Davis wanted a change of setting, preferring to go home to LA and looks forward to playing with Brand.

Assuming Maggette and Brand re-sign with the Clippers, that's a pretty dangerous line-up with Baron Davis + Chris Kaman who played well this year. B-Diddy gives them the perimeter shooting they've lacked for a while with the exception of Mobley. And with youth talent in Al Thornton?

Golden State played no defense, Clippers have decent defensive presence in Brand and Kaman.

No discredit to the Lakers, but there's bound to be some restructuring going on this off season. with Vlad, Walton, Odom and even Sasha as potential guys gone, you can't determine instant dominance with a roster of Bynum, Gasol, Kobe when roster stability issues arise; not yet anyway. I'm not gonna call the Clippers the best yet either, because they still need their PG situation resolved.

it's highly unlikely that Maggette is going to get re-signed, with the $65M they are giving Baron and the rest of what they have will probably be used to sign Brand. and yeah they'll be a threat in their division if not the whole west now with that front line of Kaman and Brand or with Baron at the point. i think they need to solve their 2 guard situation rather than their PG cause they can move Livingston (if healthy) to SG and use Eric Gordon as a 1 or 2. and they probably will try to release or trade either Smush or Dan Dickau.

my prediction of starting 5 for the clips.

PG- Baron Davis

SG- Shaun Livingston (if healthy) or Cuttino Mobley

FW- any combination of Elton Brand, Al Thornton, or Tim Thomas

C- Chris Kaman

Guest Kit_Starter

Baron's addition instantly makes the Clips the most improved team in the league provided Brand re-signs as expected.

PG - Davis

SG - Mobley/Gordon

SF - Thornton

PF - Brand

C - Kaman

If they still healthy and that's a big IF they should make the playoffs and even challenge for as high as the 5th spot. And that's saying a lot considering they are in the West.

Guest GO!zilla

lol very good one! :)

and no, not every player can opt out of their contract.

and when you say play through their contract... the X year OPTION is PART OF THE CONTRACT.

No trade clause, team option, player option, player bonuses, signing bonuses ETC... are all part of the contract.

So Davis did play out his contract.

but anyways... already proven that you're not open minded enough to admit mistake... i wont waste any more time

with this post Mr. Track Star ^^ㅋ

---------------

good for the clips, i dont mind going to clips games now.

they are A LOT! cheaper than lakers tickets.

Archived