NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest DOVAHKIIN
Please, they've beaten "good deep teams" before, and Portland does not even boast one of the best benches in the league. They're green and inexperienced.

What Trailblazers have you been watching?

Isn't this the young Blazers that everyone expected to be at the league's bottom last year and managed a 13 game win streak or something like that?

Steve Blake is underrated, having a career shooting, and shooting lights out beyond the arc.

Aldridge is an all-star in the making himself.

Outlaw is one of the best sixth men in the league, as is Fernandez.

Przybilla is a solid defensive presence inside, on the bench or starting

Oden is still raw talent if he doesn't foul all the time

It's not Roy who makes the team good, if that was the case, when Zach Randolph was around, they wouldn't have been in the bottom then.

Just because they don't have your beloved Lakers' bench doesn't mean they're green and inexperienced.

Rockets, Spurs and Utah are the only other "good deep teams" in this league, unless you have any better ideas.

Stick to the Globetrotters or D-League, maybe you can come up with smarter arguments about that.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mojomunkeez

I'm not saying that the Trailblazers are bad, I'm just saying that regardless of what you say about them, they still are young and they still revolve around Brandon Roy. They are young and will have their moments, but I would also say that the Celtics should have been at least able to beat them without their star player.

Andddddd Vince Carter just got ejected from the Pistons game in the 2nd period. I hope your legs are rested Devin Harris, cause the rest is on you.

Guest mojomunkeez

yes...lots of things SHOULD happen in sports...but that's why they play the game(s).

The Lakers should not lose to teams like Indy and Sac....but they did. Things look like they should happen on paper...but they don't in real-life.

Exactly.

Poor Celtics.

Guest PB&Banana

Wow gone for a few days and it is on in this board lol how fun to watch

I missed a lot :ph34r: Tomorrow my team vs jazz let's see if their lethargic or energetic

Guest xsilentangel
Oh please. Celtics were getting a bunch of phantom calls in their favor by the refs. Like one, Tony Allen getting rewarded with free throw attempts when he wasn't even in the act of shooting. There was the play where Pierce took 4 steps going to the rim and didn't get called for it but Oden got called for a travel when he didn't on his end when trying to post up. Ray Allen selling his flagrant foul and Oden was just trying to prevent him from getting an and 1 without being too severe. Yet Eddie House didn't called for a flagrant when he tried to stop a Portland player from getting to the hoop. There are others too. Want me to keep going?

Bad calls that consistently happen makes me think that the league is rigged.

Lossed to the Lakers and Warriors to start the west coast road trip. The defeat to the Blazers add to the Celtics Misery.

Eddie House SHOULD NOT have been called for a flagrant and justice was served when he DID NOT get called for a flagrant foul. How was that a flagrant foul? He was simply restraining the guy from shooting so he wouldn't get the ball in and a foul. I have seen fouls like that so many times and I don't see how that is a flagrant foul. Plus, Oden pushed Allen down and said something to make the usually composed Allen upset.

And like I said, if Pierce and Allen are both cold, our offense just went down a notch.

I never said Portland wasn't a good team. They definitely outrebounded us but still.. It was not a pretty night for Pierce and Allen. We need them to do their usual thing of drawing fouls and getting shots in for us.

About traveling.. it's like the same as offensive and blocking foul calls. KG's signature move is called as a travel frequently now.

Poor xsilentangel takes all our crap for the Celtics when they lose... I'm glad y'all don't gang up on me every time the Raptors lose!

Just call me Cindy.

I can't believe someone compared my damn username to stupidangelx. Silent and stupid.. there is a big difference!

Green with envy.

Jealous of who? We're still number one.

Exactly.

Poor Celtics.

Your stupid sarcasm -_-

Guest derrek

Ok, Cindy! My name is... Derrek, imagine that! You play CS? Me too. I am teh ownerererer!

Rockets are gonna whoop our richard simmons tomorrow. I at least hope to see the Lakers spank the Jazz. EVERY team plays tomorrow! I only wish they distributed the games a little more so I could watch more ball :D

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Only because Bosh keeps jacking up random threes.

You see that? Trailing 101-98 or something on a big rally?

Then comes down, jacks up an awkward three, gg. More than obvious whose fault it was largely. In fact he jacked up 3 missed treys. Last time I checked, he's not Dirk... or even Bargnani to be doing that.

It shouldn't be rocket science for Colangelo to make a trade already. Gerald Wallace or Corey Maggette plz, real slashers. I can see it now, he's gonna pull an idiot trade and get us a watered down swing man like Matt Harpring...

Like I know Bosh is frustrated. But if he's gonna play with a low basketball IQ and shoot perimeter shots all the time when he's the best post presence without Jermaine O'Neal around... it's on him and Colangelo.

Guest derrek

To be honest, this is what I'd do:

Trade Bosh and Kapono for a solid SG and SF. I think Jose, Andrea at the 4, and JO at the 5 is fine. I think if we had a 20ppg SG or SF we'd improve significantly.

Bosh will never be more than a role player in a Championship team. It's like the Lakers not having Kobe and using Pau as there main scorer. It's NEVER going to = a championship. I guarantee it. KG couldn't do it alone, Pau couldn't do it alone, Boozer couldn't do it, NO PF will ever be the main part of a Championship team. It's a SG / SF league. Kobe, Bron, Wade... someone like Roy... these people are NECESSARY to win a championship. Celtics wouldn't have done anything without Paul Pierce.

That's just how I feel.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Eh, I wouldn't wanna have to deal with Anti-VC Part II with Bosh.

Parker and Moon are in contract years, neither are playing better than last year, both are expendable.

Moon is just a poor man's Gerald Wallace... literally.

Should've kept Delfino man.

You know... JO for AI would make some sense in contract terms. Pistons are playing small ball right now and suffering because of it.

Sure Pistons wouldn't get cap space this summer to grab like Boozer... but JO would come off the contracts in time for the 2010 summer.

Okay who am I kidding, it would only benefit the Pistons.

Unfortunately, AI = less defense, and I don't trust Bargnani and Bosh as the front court. Look how that turned out last year -_-

Guest derrek

So we agree we need both Jorge Garbajosa and Carlos Delfino back? haha.. maybe Rasho too

Speaking of, I started playing WoW....

loller.jpg

Guest xsilentangel
Ok, Cindy! My name is... Derrek, imagine that! You play CS? Me too. I am teh ownerererer!

Rockets are gonna whoop our richard simmons tomorrow. I at least hope to see the Lakers spank the Jazz. EVERY team plays tomorrow! I only wish they distributed the games a little more so I could watch more ball :D

Lol.. yeah I play.. only a little since it got boring.

^ lmao

Guest DOVAHKIIN
So we agree we need both Jorge Garbajosa and Carlos Delfino back? haha.. maybe Rasho too

Garba was the smartest player ever on the Raptors. He somehow matched up against faster, more athletic small forwards, took charges, knew when to shoot 3's, when not to. Perfect role player.

Buying him out was unfortunate for both ends :(

Delfino was a good slasher... he got happy with the three-ball too often though. Solid defender on the wing and I would've had him as a starter over Moon last year. I put the blame on him last year for the playoff exit vs. the Magic. Dwight Howard in foul trouble with 5 late in the fourth quarter, instead of attacking him, Delfino jacked up a bad three.

I'd still like him back though.

Rasho... I said mean things about him when we first got him. Like how he does nothing except take up space. Played well late down the stretch hitting double digits though in multiple games. Problem was, Rasho couldn't match up against Howard etc.

Notice that every playoff exit, Colangelo immediately changes the team drastically to take care of an issue that plagued them in playoffs?

- Exit vs the Nets: We sign Kapono for the full MLE because the Raps had trouble with perimeter scoring. Result? Kapono barely shot any threes last year.

- Exit vs the Magic: Trade for Jermaine O'Neal just because we didn't have a big man to handle Dwight Howard

So assuming Raps make the playoffs barely as 8th seed this year, and we take on say... Celtics as top seeded, I wonder how Colangelo will face that...

Lately, I think Ford should've been kept, and Calderon should've been traded for a good wing player when he was chased after by a lot of teams. Calderon is a great shooter and is the best passer in the league, but you never see him doing any exceptional dribbles and handles with the ball like Williams, Paul, Rondo and just about every other starting PG in the league can do. Plus, Calderon is the WORST point guard defensively I have ever seen on the Raptors. Even Milt Palacio was better at point in terms of defense.

I've seen Jose in person before downtown. I think I could take him!

Guest derrek

Jose is my favorite player, and has been for several years so I'm biased. I think if we had a SG that penetrated more we'd be fine, but now we have a back court that literally doesn't enter the paint. That's why I think we need to develop Roko, he has that drive and kick game. For whatever reason, Triano opts to NOT USE Hump and Roko and use Solomon and Voskuhl. I don't think I agree with that.

I think Delfino would have been a good combo off the bench. He could handle the ball and jump to the 2 if AP or Kapono were playing like crap. The main thing with Delfino was that he could CREATE, no one else on our team can...

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Well, Voskuhl's got the size over Humphries.. comes down to match ups in the paint I guess. Nene's is too big for Humphries to handle understandably.

Roko? Can't rely on a rookie to back-up right now. Develop him all you want, but if you want someone who will actually put numbers on the score sheet, it's Solomon.

Remember, it's not about the future, it's about the "now" if the Raps have any regards to making the playoffs and keeping Bosh. Roko's clearly a project, but he's got 3 years signed down to prove himself. Solomon has shown he can start for a few games, and thus earned playing time. Remember, just because you're a project doesn't mean you'll get the time automatically. Unless of course, you're Hoffa Araujo...

If anything, Roko should be at the D-League right now to hone his shooting skills.

Slashing wing man? Hello Gerald Green.

Guest derrek

The only thing I have against Gerald Green is his lack of ball IQ. The average IQ on our team is dismal (we were in the penalty for 8 mins of the 3rd quarter and never drove to the basket...), so I'd be skeptical to bring in another dummy. He's amazingly talented though, if he could be more consistent he would be a great role player.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

I can see it now..

"And your starting 5 for the East for two thousaaaaaaaaand and niiiine,

Dwight Howard! Yi Jianlian! LeBron James! Dwayne Wade! Allen Iverson!

Please note Yi called home to China to get his homies to bump him over Kevin Garnett, who is 10 times better than Yi ever will be.

And the starting 5 for the West, with a line-up that isn't tainted by dumb fan votes..."

Archived