NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest YG.family-YO

hi guys, kind of new here, but hope you don't mind my asking ...

i'm not too well informed with the roster details and statistics,

i just watch the game for what it is because i love it,

but just wondering how high the chances are for the lakers to take the title this year ...

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^

I'd like to see Steve Francis as a starter. Last time I read, it said he was getting in shape and doing better. To me, if he's 100%, I rather have him start than skip-to-my-lou Alston. Problem with the Rocket's roster is that everyone will want the ball.

i think its pretty obvious that he won't get much playing time with the additions of barry and artest to the roster cause both can play the guard especially barry since he played point before and there might be a slight chance that t-mac could be running the offense. and id rather have rafer run the offense since he knows the system while stevie was out practically the whole season. they just need to dump some players so they can load up for 2010 if something does happen with all the big name free agents in the league. and i dont think that everyone would want the ball, they have become more of a defensive team with the addition of artest and the signing of dorsey and landry. the only ones i see getting the ball out of the main rotation will be yao 1st option, t-mac 2nd option, and artest 3rd option, which lets rafer roam more around the perimeter where he most likely will have open shots and scola will be getting the garbage buckets off of offensive rebounds or pass outs from a driving player.

hi guys, kind of new here, but hope you don't mind my asking ...

i'm not too well informed with the roster details and statistics,

i just watch the game for what it is because i love it,

but just wondering how high the chances are for the lakers to take the title this year ...

Very high since Bynum is back! :lol: Gosh, I wanted the Lakers to take it all but instead the Celtics did.

i think its pretty obvious that he won't get much playing time with the additions of barry and artest to the roster cause both can play the guard especially barry since he played point before and there might be a slight chance that t-mac could be running the offense. and id rather have rafer run the offense since he knows the system while stevie was out practically the whole season. they just need to dump some players so they can load up for 2010 if something does happen with all the big name free agents in the league. and i dont think that everyone would want the ball, they have become more of a defensive team with the addition of artest and the signing of dorsey and landry. the only ones i see getting the ball out of the main rotation will be yao 1st option, t-mac 2nd option, and artest 3rd option, which lets rafer roam more around the perimeter where he most likely will have open shots and scola will be getting the garbage buckets off of offensive rebounds or pass outs from a driving player.

I didn't think about that. I guess I'm just a SF fan. :sweatingbullets: Interesting to see how the team chemistry is with the additon of Artest. I can't wait for 2010!

^

they did have good chemistry..they were just missing a few pieces of the puzzle..

i like steve francis..but i don't see how he fits with the rockets..it would be weird if he was a back up pg because he's good enough to start for any team.

I personally think its over for him. I don't really see him having a large role with the Rockets this year...there's just too many guards ahead of him. He should have gone to Miami imo.

At 31 years of age and with lasting injuries in his knees and quads, I doubt he'll become a starter in this league ever again.

He has lost a lot of athleticism and he isn't a good shooter.

just read on yahoo that t-mac's knee isn't fully healed from surgery and he has to have another shoulder surgery after the season cause they found out it's arthritic. it really is a good thing that they signed artest cause if t-mac does go down the rockets still have a legitimate 2nd option, but that drops t-mac's stock in free agency in 2010. either way this is nothing new for t-mac, just a normal season.

just read on yahoo that t-mac's knee isn't fully healed from surgery and he has to have another shoulder surgery after the season cause they found out it's arthritic. it really is a good thing that they signed artest cause if t-mac does go down the rockets still have a legitimate 2nd option, but that drops t-mac's stock in free agency in 2010. either way this is nothing new for t-mac, just a normal season.

I heard the news today. :tears:

Guest Viet_teKniks

i just read that odom is not very happy seeing the p.jackson wants to put him as the sixth man....man i would be pissed too....SEND ODOM TO THE MAVERICKS...WE NEED A BIG GUY

Guest epark1281

i just read that odom is not very happy seeing the p.jackson wants to put him as the sixth man....man i would be pissed too....SEND ODOM TO THE MAVERICKS...WE NEED A BIG GUY

Right...

You need another 7 foot swingman. Dallas already has one. You need a real center. Why not give Shaq a call?

Guest Viet_teKniks
Right...

You need another 7 foot swingman. Dallas already has one. You need a real center. Why not give Shaq a call?

because i rather have odom then either howard(what a dumba$$),diop(he couldnt score if he wanted to),Dampier(wildly inconsistent)....and i doubt shaq would come...and phoenix wouldnt give him to us anyway

Guest epark1281

because i rather have odom then either howard(what a dumba$$),diop(he couldnt score if he wanted to),Dampier(wildly inconsistent)....and i doubt shaq would come...and phoenix wouldnt give him to us anyway

i was being sarcastic. Dallas has no hope for a title without a true PF or a center.

Guest xsilentangel
can't wait for the NBA season to start...

Yeah seriously..

It feels like it's been 185823853 years since the last game

Will be interesting to see if the Celtics are capable of defending their title.

We've got some really strong compeititon this year.

Wouldn't seeing a rematch of Celtics VS Detroit in the Eastern Conference Finals again. Detroit have got a tremendous bench this year (Stuckey, McDyess, Maxiell, Affalo, Brown, Hermann, etc)

Guest xsilentangel

^

AHH I miss the music of the intros of the basketball games.

Will be interesting to see if the Celtics are capable of defending their title.

We've got some really strong compeititon this year.

Wouldn't seeing a rematch of Celtics VS Detroit in the Eastern Conference Finals again. Detroit have got a tremendous bench this year (Stuckey, McDyess, Maxiell, Affalo, Brown, Hermann, etc)

Dudee Stukey is amazing. He has so much potential.

They have a really strong bench..

Now how about a new commentator -_-

I really hope the Celtics defend the title.. Posey WHY :tears:

Oh well we don't need him anyways, or atleast I'm reassuring that to myself.

I hope the rookies and Miles can help us defend it

^ Yeah Stuckey has really grown on me.

When he first entered the league I was a little doubtful because he got injured and I thought 'Oh great, here comes another injury-prone bust' but he turned out really well XD

All-star potential! Makes Chauncey expendable.

Archived