NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest Chioster

If O'neal gets back to form. Toronto will have a nice 1 2 punch. Who would play center? Would bosh remain at Center?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest res0nate

Bosh would stay at the 4, O'Neal (if healthy) is strong enough to deal with opposing 5s which is something he's been doing for quite some time anyway.

Bargnani would come off the bench unless he somehow stays a 3 and stops being a scrub.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
If O'neal gets back to form. Toronto will have a nice 1 2 punch. Who would play center? Would bosh remain at Center?

Remain? Bosh never played center since his rookie year where he got hammered by 90% of the other centers in the league. It's been either Nesterovic at center, or Bargnani thrown in that spot despite not knowing how.

O'Neal would be the de facto center. He's got about 30 lbs over Bosh and is a bigger shot blocking presence in the paint than Bosh, who's more accustomed to shooting both inside/outside unlike O'Neal.

Bargnani will come off the bench for Bosh/O'Neal where he's more consistent than being a starter. If he subs in for Bosh, he stays as a 4, if he subs in for O'Neal, Bosh switches to the 5 which I don't like. Kris Humphries gets playing time here too, but he's better off as a 4 than a 5, so we really have no backup center... except for Maceo Baston if he stays o_O but he doesn't count.

Toronto has to give up a third random player to break even for salary purposes, I have a hunch it's either Graham or Humphries, likely Graham.

We still need a better swingman. A starting front court with Bosh, O'Neal and Moon is intimidating defensively in the paint, but Moon can't shoot/attack consistently if his life depended on it. Doubt we'll start Kapono so...

O'Neal's fat contract and injury woes scare me, I was more interested in the rumors of Ford for Maggette... O'Neal does solve rebounding problem though.

Eh, hope Colangelo makes another deal.

On the brightside, having O'Neal would give the Raptors some more balls. The toughest guy on the Raptors has been Sam Mitchell -_-

To be clear, O'Neal has flaws. At 29, he has knee and leg problems that have caused him to miss 132 games over the last four seasons. In fairness, 15 of those came because O'Neal delivered one of the best punches in NBA history, to the jaw of an on-court bozo during the infamous 2004 brawl at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

lmfao

Fear us now Boston champs, we want our division title back :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Guest 3taticKills

I am loving the Pacers moves, O'neal has been way too injury prone and fragile and with two first round picks in this draft they can finally start really rebuilding. They have nice key players in Dunleavy and Granger (future all star), and now with Ford looks like a solid team for the future.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Lol, it does work out for the Pacers as well.

I dunno what they're gonna do with Tinsley though. If they keep him, and Ford stay healthy and one has no problem coming off the bench, it could all work out.

Plus Rasho Nesterovic isn't a bad center either, Troy Murphy could go back to being a power forawrd. Rasho's stats look deceiving, but he scored huge down the stretch for the Raptors with consecutive double-digits in points in every game. Granger, Murphy, and Dunleavy look much more comfortable in a half-court game, so Rasho being a bit slow shouldn't hurt, he's proven it's good in San Antonio.

Plus, for his entire career, Rasho has made the playoffs every year, hope it doesn't get jinxed for the Pacers. I see them making 6-8th seed if things all work out.

Guest Viet_teKniks

Ford is not a very good pg...sorry if the pacers get him Good luck they better drafting a better longhorn in D.J Augustin

NBA DRAFT TODAY....GOOD LUCK DALLAS MAVERICKS

Guest res0nate
Ford is not a very good pg...sorry if the pacers get him Good luck they better drafting a better longhorn in D.J Augustin

LOL

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Have you seen Ford's history as a Longhorn? His jersey is retired for a reason. He's only voted the fastest player for a reason. As good as Augustine is, that's a joke if you're gonna place a team's hopes on a drafted kid over a veteran starter.

I admit, Ford's health is a concern, but decent veteran starting point guards don't come that often.

yes, good luck Mavs with the 51st pick!

Guest Krn_Track_Star

i think tj ford is good but not as good as he could of have been. after the motorcycle accident he hasnt been the same as for the raptors. man 2 big strong ppl in the post o'neal n now bosh. dang.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
i think tj ford is good but not as good as he could of have been. after the motorcycle accident he hasnt been the same as for the raptors.

....What motorcycle accident?

That's Jay Williams who has never played for the Raptors, not TJ Ford.

Ford suffers from spinal stenosis, and was fouled hard by Nark Madsen in his rookie year and had to take a year off recovering. Then he was smacked in the head by Al Horford last December.

As for a motorcycle accident... I don't know what news you follow. Well done!

As for news that actually exists, I like the Bucks dumping Yi, considering how clear he made it that he didn't wanna play for the Bucks last year. His demands caused a big inconvenience for the team to give Charlie Villaneuva playing time. Bobby Simmons is a one-hit wonder, but I guess he might do better in NJ. Doesn't solve the Nets' crowded front court though.

Bucks should really give up on Bogut though.

Guest Aironaz

Bulls picked rose either way it's a win win situation

I like Derrick Rose the guy has major hops and he is very athletic he kinda reminds me of deron williams because he is so strong but he can also pass the ball and is quick

Dwayne, Beasley, and marion that is a nice combo but they need new players as well Beasley is a 20-10 guy but just those three alone can't carry a whole team

Guest DOVAHKIIN
Bulls picked rose either way it's a win win situation

I like Derrick Rose the guy has major hops and he is very athletic he kinda reminds me of deron williams because he is so strong but he can also pass the ball and is quick

Dwayne, Beasley, and marion that is a nice combo but they need new players as well Beasley is a 20-10 guy but just those three alone can't carry a whole team

The Heat actually dislike Beasley as they'd much prefer Rose. I heard in reports Beasley didn't have great workouts with the Heats so yeah. But you gotta take what's best available.

LOL @ the Knicks fans booing.

I knew Raptors would draft Hibbert, shame he's gonna be shipped to Indy very likely.

I was hoping Dharrell Arthur would drop to the second round, would serve him right for making up excuses to avoid Toronto workouts.

so much for the rockets keeping their draft picks. either way we get a good return. we get a guy that has good size and a young 6'8" forward. deals pending of course.

joe alexander is a freak, with his hops for his size. and yeah portland, making so much moves again going to be a force in the west next season.

Guest Aironaz
The Heat actually dislike Beasley as they'd much prefer Rose. I heard in reports Beasley didn't have great workouts with the Heats so yeah. But you gotta take what's best available.

LOL @ the Knicks fans booing.

I knew Raptors would draft Hibbert, shame he's gonna be shipped to Indy very likely.

I was hoping Dharrell Arthur would drop to the second round, would serve him right for making up excuses to avoid Toronto workouts.

Knicks fans booing lol what else is new, Mike D'Antoni is in for a hell of a year

I didn't know that about Beasley, to me if you pick Derrick he's more focused and professional and doesn't seem like he will cause drama but you never know

damn, how's this trade between memphis and the t'wolves

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI

AP Sports Writer

MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Timberwolves have traded No. 3 pick O.J. Mayo to the Memphis Grizzlies for No. 5 pick Kevin Love in an eight-player, late-night blockbuster after the NBA draft concluded.

Advertisement

A person with knowledge of the deal confirmed it to The Associated Press, speaking on the condition on anonymity because the trade had yet to be officially announced.

The Timberwolves also received shooter Mike Miller and retreads Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins from Memphis in exchange the draft rights to Mayo, forward Antoine Walker and guards Marko Jaric and Greg Buckner.

memphis got the better of this deal getting reliable players, kinda.

Archived