NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest KeepinItReal

Lakers win and I find it funny that laker fans are complaining that the spurs cheated. dude enough with the whining and just celebrate your victory while it lasts

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest plusone

i wish people would just shut up about the refs

its the lakers fault for blowing a 14 point lead and having to rely on a dubious call and its the spurs fault for playing like crap on their home floor and having to rely on a dubious call. its not as if both teams played an incredible game and the refs pushed it one way or another. spurs simply blew it.

Guest epark1281

question is, why even have Joey Crawford officiate this game? Why even have the opportunity for fans and players to start questioning? Why even leave room for doubt?

haha

i had a feeling about the responses

greg popovich said if he was officiating the game, he WOULDN'T have called a foul.

"it wasn't a foul."

"yes, it was a proper no call from what i just saw."

well, that's all i got to say.

Did you watch the play?

FISHER WAS SITTING ON BARRY'S SHOULDER. That's a foul in hockey, that's a foul in Football, and that's CERTIANLY a foul in BASKETBALL. And Fisher's shot did NOT hit the rim. Did you see the replays? I did. And if you want to talk about travelling calls, KOBE got the MOST benefit from non calls for travelling. Are you SERIOUS?

Did you watch the game? Manu's foot was NOT on the line. Even from that camera angle, you WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TELL>

Listen fanboy, learn to watch the game first, then post your BS on here, ok?

P.S. From Mitch Cupcakes to Joey Crawford

"Check's in the mail buddy"

yeah i watched the play. Even though im a Die-hard laker fan, it doesnt cloud my judgement.

Barry's Travel

Not a Goaltend

if i have the clip of fishers shot on the rim id show it

Im not saying that Kobe never travels. But Duncans travel was extremely obvious (No obstruction of view for the refs).

Dont talk down on me here buddy. Your a Lakers hater, so dont let that cloud your mind on the rules of basketball. O yeah, talk about kobe getting ZERO freethrows. Please, im tired of delusional people thinking that Lakers benefit from every call.

LIKE I SAID. IT EVENS OUT IN THE END.

Guest GO!zilla
yeah i watched the play. Even though im a Die-hard laker fan, it doesnt cloud my judgement.

Barry's Travel

Not a Goaltend

if i have the clip of fishers shot on the rim id show it

Im not saying that Kobe never travels. But Duncans travel was extremely obvious (No obstruction of view for the refs).

Dont talk down on me here buddy. Your a Lakers hater, so dont let that cloud your mind on the rules of basketball. O yeah, talk about kobe getting ZERO freethrows. Please, im tired of delusional people thinking that Lakers benefit from every call.

LIKE I SAID. IT EVENS OUT IN THE END.

^ word.

its conspiracy that Lakers will end up in final.

it's okay. Lakers leading the whole game

doesn't have anything to do with skills or playing better.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Erm, Popovich chose his words carefully so he wouldn't be slapped with a fine or a worse penalty if he went on an outburst to the media ala Avery Johnson.

Joey Crawford was hesitant on the final play, he took a long look before just shaking his head to say no foul.

Clearly both teams got the lousy ends of the stick from the lousy officiating, but the Spurs got the deep dagger.

That was a foul on Fisher, although it was a foul on the floor, but not a shooting foul.

Barry avoiding the contact was his own fault, you'd think a veteran would know better.

Lakers barely clinging to life for 3/4 of the game isn't anything too magnificent.

But I think it's safe to say from either sides that it was a pretty bad idea having Joey Crawford refereeing this particular game, given his past history with Duncan and throwing technical fouls out like snowballs. Can't go wrong with Bavetta as a ref though.

Kids should stop arguing though, it's not gonna go anywhere >_> Happy 70th to Mr. West though

Guest GO!zilla

don't read it then... there are other sports forums.

no one is holding your head to the screen and forcing you to read it.

Guest res0nate
don't read it then... there are other sports forums.

no one is holding your head to the screen and forcing you to read it.

I read it because it's highly entertaining. If I wanted to point out specifics, people will start catching feelings.

Guest mofo

at the end of the game, refs are less likely to make that call. idk, but they just are..i remember michael jordan whacking the ball out of paul pierce's hand at the end of regulation one game and paul pierce was complaining like crazy, meanwhile mj kept walking, didn't look back once because he knew the refs wouldn't call it lol..

i'm just wondering why brent barry got the ball..he's not exactly known for creating his own shot..the ball should be in ur best player's hands..i.e. manu, tony parker or TD..and of course, Robert Horry lol

Guest watcher
at the end of the game, refs are less likely to make that call. idk, but they just are..i remember michael jordan whacking the ball out of paul pierce's hand at the end of regulation one game and paul pierce was complaining like crazy, meanwhile mj kept walking, didn't look back once because he knew the refs wouldn't call it lol..

i'm just wondering why brent barry got the ball..he's not exactly known for creating his own shot..the ball should be in ur best player's hands..i.e. manu, tony parker or TD..and of course, Robert Horry lol

the way he played last night... i would've taken my chances with him too :P

Guest xsilentangel

Lol, Celtics almost lost, keyword: Almost

Anyways, it was an intense game.

KG hit a nasty three, and "KP43" unleashed.

Guest mofo

kp43 played really well today. but he started to lose it in the 4th..

ray allen is right..the celtics are growing as a team with every game and they are playing better and better...if they can win like tonite, on the road, then i'm sure they will be able to beat l.a. or san antonio. it was a very convincing win..they played sloppy in the 1st half, but they played smarter in the 2nd...overall a good win from the celtics..good to see kg, paul pierce and ray allen all play well.

Guest xsilentangel

^ Yeah but the bench had like 3 points total

Still, it was a great win.

Ray Allen made essential shots (Nice timing!)

Guest GO!zilla
kp43 played really well today. but he started to lose it in the 4th..

ray allen is right..the celtics are growing as a team with every game and they are playing better and better...if they can win like tonite, on the road, then i'm sure they will be able to beat l.a. or san antonio. it was a very convincing win..they played sloppy in the 1st half, but they played smarter in the 2nd...overall a good win from the celtics..good to see kg, paul pierce and ray allen all play well.

not saying this as a lakers fan but its something worth thinking about.

lakers played jazz who have a similar style to spurs who have a similar style to celtics

in terms of playing solid defense and outside shooting, penetrating guards, and a good postman.

Williams -> Parker -> Rondo

Boozer -> Duncan -> Garnett

x -> Manu -> Pierce

Okur -> Spurs Outside Shooters -> Allen

i think it'll be easy for lakers to adapt to Celtics offense... defense we'll see but

lakers did well against the Utah defense and Spurs defense.

Archived