NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ooBah

Don't even compare me to the ignorant Kobe fans, I've been been opposing them from when this thread was created, buddy. I didn't say anything about you saying Wallace lacking any talent. You said he lacked heart on the court and I responded by describing his game to show that he does.

Sorry but immortalized game dunks are more important to the NBA than Gerald Green jumping over a table.

-----------------------

Shaq gives the Celtics a viable pick&roll threat for Rondo to feed. If anything, he'll come off the bench with the second unit; his size alone is already an advantage against the other team's bench. Since when did Kendrick Perkins run with the Celtics anyway?

Read it again. I could care less about the more recent dunk contests, it's not the same as it was. But don't deny its place in the history.

And you don't need to argue about Wallace any further. Like I said, it was matter of opinion and it was purely based on how I felt from what I've seen. Thus my comparison of you to that specific group of Kobe fans. One little opinion on a guy they love that is different than their view and they are ready to put up a fight without thinking. If you feel differently than me, cool. But no point in getting heated over how I feel is there? Understand the concept then argue back. Won't be responding to you on this subject anymore, discussion with a confused and possibly ignorant person is a waste of time. Peace :)

and.....

Just when I thought NY is starting to turn things around, they bring back Isiah (even though it's for a different position in the office).

Guest showgunz

"ignorant" kobe fan here.

it just makes me wonder how many "ignorant" michael jordan fans there were in the 90s.

it's interesting how history repeats itself time after time.

lol...qft

not a fan of either..but imo, they're the best in their gens

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Read it again. I could care less about the more recent dunk contests, it's not the same as it was. But don't deny its place in the history.

And you don't need to argue about Wallace any further. Like I said, it was matter of opinion and it was purely based on how I felt from what I've seen. Thus my comparison of you to that specific group of Kobe fans. One little opinion on a guy they love that is different than their view and they are ready to put up a fight without thinking. If you feel differently than me, cool. But no point in getting heated over how I feel is there? Understand the concept then argue back. Won't be responding to you on this subject anymore, discussion with a confused and possibly ignorant person is a waste of time. Peace :)

If you're going to voice your disappointment over the dunk contests in recent years, you might as well list all the lame and gimmick participants from Dwight to Nate to Fred Jones. Aside from JRich, VC and Amar'e's moments, the rest have been shabby performances. There have been far worst performances than Wallace's (see the Birdman).

Yes, the dunk contests from the 80's and early 90's are immortalized in NBA history, but most basketball enthusiasts won't even know about the MJ vs. Dominique showdown unless they youtube/wiki it. I still stand firm by my own opinion that the dunk contest has done little for the game, other than wow fans and boost player popularity. But help the game's development? Hardly. In today's perimeter-oriented game, we should be thanking the three-point line and Euro leagues for that.

I find it rather amusing that you're calling me an ignorant person when you've based your own opinion only on what you've seen on Gerald Wallace. How am I the ignorant one?

For starters, I'm not even a Gerald Wallace or Bobcats fan (I live in TORONTO and support my own mediocre team). I'm just trying to point out the upside of his game to show he plays with a lot of heart. If you want to base your opinion only on basketball facts, I'm fine with that, we can dispute forever. But don't call me out as ignorant and confused just because I oppose your view.

Guest MaMaStarZ

Tyreke Evans of the Sacramento Kings golfing at the Bobby Jackson Golf Tournament.... hmmmm maybe he should just stick to basketball though. lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asian_downloads

Still looking forward to the season watching the Lakers 3peat :)

Though I like how nearly every team has gotten a slightly better roster. Though the issue with Amare is still kind of iffy XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A story that's gotten some interesting feedback, LeBron retweeting some negative messages:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5707475&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

The fact that he received the messages in itself isn't really shocking, just the issues of race that are surrounding it and the way in which he went about with free agency. The range of opinions revolving around the issue of him opening himself up for criticism by joining Twitter was intriguing as well.

Archived