Top Posters In This Topic

Guest melo.breeze

^Lakers offense

Game 1 - 102

Game 2 - 94

Game 3 - 91

Game 4 - 89

Game 5 - 86

Looks like Game 6 will be a blowout like 2008.

you're right, it was a blowout, just that celtics were the one to take the beating.

game 7 is going to be interesting, no doubt boston will come back hard. i also doubt artest will shoot as well as he did tonight and if he does shoot well, then good on him.

Celtics were playing really bad. Missing layups, dunks, and open jumpers. Game 7, I expect a blood-fest from both teams. The Lakers defense wasn't even that good, first half they played lockdown D and in the 2nd half they got sloppy. Celtics didn't take advantage and missed every shot and layup.

Anyone got info on Perkins for game 7? If he can't play, it's over. The Lakers will pound the Celtics on rebounds like the 1st half.

^ Perkins will be reevaluated tomorrow.

Everything that could possibly go wrong for the Celtics went wrong. The Lakers are hard to beat when they're controlling the paint on both ends of the floor.

On the upside, it's only fitting this series went to seven. Regardless of who wins, I just hope it isn't another blowout like tonight. <_<

Sprained knee, looks bad...If he can't play, Scalabrine will save Boston *joke*.

via Rick Bucher's Twitter:

"Caught Perk walking out under own power but very stiffly. Source says he sprained 2 ligaments. On Thurs: "I'm going to try to give it a go."

It was painful just watching the replays of Perkins injury. He really hid the pain well...

Hope it really isn't as bad as it looks.

Anyway, Artest has only partly redeemed himself IMO. I want to see how he performs game 7.

shannon brown was definitely the highlight real

kobe made some tough and 1s but those are everyday shots for him

i predicted lakers in 7

also, i love how staples center was loud starting from tip off

the crowd kept yelling DEFENSE and cheering loud when the lakers made a play

hopefully the fans will keep up the high energy

Guest xsilentangel

Celtics were playing really bad. Missing layups, dunks, and open jumpers. Game 7, I expect a blood-fest from both teams. The Lakers defense wasn't even that good, first half they played lockdown D and in the 2nd half they got sloppy. Celtics didn't take advantage and missed every shot and layup.

Anyone got info on Perkins for game 7? If he can't play, it's over. The Lakers will pound the Celtics on rebounds like the 1st half.

Every possession was horrible.. The Big 3 were knocking down their shots but not because of good passing.. because they are simply.. the Big 3. Ray Allen is still struggling from the perimeter.. Ugh I really hope he redeems himself Game 7. He looked frustrated as hell last night. Pierce started strong and seemed to wander away and come back.. He needs to get the ball more. RONDO RONDO RONDO.. What can I say about him? He needs to wake up. This is not the Rondo I know... Horrible production from the bench. I was so disappointed that no bench player stepped up after Perkins' injury (oh god.. I really hope he is OK but I know he will probably be out tomorrow). Perkins was hopeful, saying: "I'm going to try to give it a go" but yeah.. that injury was painful to watch.. Sheed is like the Artest of the Lakers.. you either love or hate him. Last night, I hated him.. He had open looks he should've rattled in. Shrek and Donkey couldn't get anything going either.. Should Brian Scalabrine supplant Shelden Williams?.. Shelden was HORRIBLE... Candace Parker has to show him how to dunk properly. The team as a whole needs to drive to the bucket more.. They had like a total of 7 free throws or something.. and they missed a lot of them.

Horrible game, overall... A crucial injury, sloppy offense and defense (if that existed last night?..).. Please get it together Celtics. Kudos to the Lakers though for some good D.. It was a good combination with the Celtics bad offense for the Lakers. They hustled more than us last night.

I don't know 1love.. I think the Celtics can do it. Gotta have the faith. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. Go Celtics!!!!!!

Doc Rivers said Perkins will not play in game 7. Someone needs to step up, the Celtics needs Perkin's defense and toughness. Don't forget about rebounds, the most important stat of this series. You rule the paint, you win the game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvTa.K_o8roZobr9zuJ3_A68vLYF?slug=ap-nbafinals-perkinsout

He have a torn MCL and PCL. No one can play with those injuries.

Guest Clu3less

game 6 was a painful game to watch and finish. now that perkins is out of the game, i wonder who doc will choose to play? i wallace and big baby are 2 very different players so it'll be interesting to see who doc ends up choosing.

go celtics! i really hope this wont be a disappointing game.

I hope the celtics will get their acts together tomorrow night and win the game for Perkins and themselves. This is probably the last season w/ the Big 3 on the team....maybe last time w/ Doc as a head coach. I know they REALLY want to win the title together and I have faith in them.

Wow both teams played amazing defense, but without Perkins Celtics got pounded on rebounds in the 1st half. Kobe and Pau almost out-rebounded the whole Celtics team. Bottom line, Boston choked big time. They had the chance with the 10+ leads and blew it. What happened to Ray ray? The big 3 are running out of gas, it was this season or never.

Player of the game is Ron Artest, defensively he had PP in checked the whole game. Offensively, he kept the Lakers in the game.

Congratulations Lakers!

Kobe Bryant is the FMVP? Not sure about that...Pau deserves it more. But he is Kobe, so that is automatic doesn't matter if another player contributed more and played a bigger role. Kobe had an amazing performance in game 5, but the Lakers lost that game. Game 6 and 7, he played sub-par.

You decided:

Pau:

18.6 ppg

11.6 rpg

3.7 apg

2.86 bpg

47.8 FG%

72.1 FT%

Kobe:

28.6 ppg

8.0 rpg

3.9 apg

2.14 spg

40.5 FG%

31.9 3PT%

88.3 FT%

Who is the FMVP? Not to metion Pau only shot the ball 66~ times throughout the whole series and put up those numbers. Kobe probably shot 200+.

Guest Clu3less

celtics blew it in the 4th quarter. those last 2 minutes of the game were so heartbreaking to watch. i loved this celtics team and really did hope they would make it to the very end, especially how this may be the last season with the big 3 and doc on the team.

congrats to the lakers

Archived