NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest melo.breeze

Some of you are upset over the calls on the Lakers, but some of the calls on the Celtics were ridiculous too.. The fouls on Sheed were dumb and I actually thought his reaction after the 3rd bad call (of course, a technical foul) was fitting. Gasol's flopping is really annoying too. Call me bias but everyone calls Pierce an actor for the wheelchair incident back in 2008 but Gasol flops in nearly every game.. Game 4 was great; I loved the energy of the bench.. I just hope the starters can show up if the bench doesn't. Ray Allen hasn't been shooting well at all.. but I got faith in him. Pierce should've gotten the ball more in Game 4 though. For nearly 10 minutes he didn't even get a shot off.. and he was very hot before that. Rondo needs to step it up. He hasn't been his superior self lately. He looked rather tired in Game 4, luckily the bench got the momentum going.

Go Celtics!

it's not so much being upset about the calls on the lakers when boston gets their own share of bad calls as well(lets face, there'll be bad calls whether we like it or not), it's more or less when these bad calls are actually called in times they shouldn't be. for example in that fourth quarter of game 4, nearing the end of the game, the lakers couldn't buy a foul. what seemed to be a charge from pierce with 2 minutes left was called to be a block from kobe when it wasn't, he kept himself outside of the restricted zone, hence a charge not a block(2 minutes left, if i have kobe or fisher in my team arguably the leagues most clutch wing duo and only down by single digits, the game is still up for grabs). and i hate to bring it up again, but the call in game 2 where the ball came off garnett's hand, again 2 minutes left. these calls on the lakers are game changing, whereas a lot of foul calls on the celtics aren't. i agree, celtics get a lot of bad calls, i.e. kg's 3 second violation, or that first charge kobe took from pierce early in the game even a few calls on sheed, but neither of these calls affected the game to the extent the calls on the lakers did. hence our dissatisfaction. lets be honest though, nate was asking for that technical when he just straight walked right on up to lamar odom, this ain't street ball, show a bit more class nate.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest melo.breeze

watching the game tonight, it seriously reminded me of the cavs/celtics series. one man show versus a team.

ron artest ... disappointing ...

taking a look at the series though, the finals are a 2,3,2 format, so basically the team with HCA should be down 3-2 after 5 games. i'm still hopeful.

Guest angelzstar

I was watching this tonight and man, the Lakers were kinda slow today... It was mostly Kobe getting the points on their side. Rondo was amazing tonight--he always gets those shots where no one from lakers are around him.

Guest melo.breeze

I blame this loss on Ron Artest.

i do too. he had way too many lapses defensively and offensively down the stretch. missed free throws and dumb defensive sequences. he had two opportunities to foul rondo a bad free throw shooter down the stretch but didn't which ended in a hustle lay up and ray allen free throws.

but really, everyone on the lakers not named kobe just didn't show up. gasol had 12-12 but that was 5-12 shooting, he didn't have the impact he usually brings. garnett is making him look soft in this road trip.

Guest xsilentangel

Celtics D was great, but the ball handling.. not so much.. but how can I complain? Great job Celtics. The endless hustle for the rebounds was outstanding. Rondo has so many crafty plays and shots. Loved the energy in this game. Strong from start to finish. I am really really really happy. Can't emphasize that.. Hope Celtics can wrap this up with one game in LA.. My original prediction was Celtics in 6.. Let's hope it's correct Celtics fans. Another bad night for Ray on the perimeter.. but he recognized so he stayed in the paint and settled for jumpers :).. Great offense overall. I hope it keeps up.

Go Celtics!

Great game Celtics!

The lakers simply weren't there tonight. Kobe really brought it during 3rd quarter but there was only that much he could do for his team. He certainly looked very frustrated.

Rondo!! What can I say? He's one crafty guy! I totally saw that in him back in '08, but he's matured a lot as well. He got a technical for "shoving" Artest, I've always thought he's a pretty calm kind of guy, guess he lost his cool for a moment (which, btw, I bet Robinson would have jumped on Artest already if he was on there, LMAO). That was one nasty foul from Artest though!

Guest xsilentangel

^ Let's hope so 1love :).. winning at home in 2008 was sweet.. a win away sounds even sweeter right now.

^ LOL 7lotus.. Rondo has not matured at all in my opinion. He has improved A LOT basketball wise with his amazing passes** and drives to the basket but he's cocky.. although I believe he has the abilities and skill to live up to that cockiness. His talk with CP3 was totally immature. I was disappointed with his action. He should stay away from that.

Oh yeah, I'm watching the live interviews.

"Kobe, how confident are you in winning the next two games?"

"Not very confident at all.."

^yes I agree his behavior does seem immature in the professional perspective, but he's very young hopefully he learns as he goes.

I probably didn't make it clear but I wasn't commenting on his personality

but his skills. I agree that he improved a lot skill-wise, I don't know much about his personality and don't really care, lol.

Guest xsilentangel

^ Yeah he's still young so I hope he learns to act more professionally. Haha if that was Nate I bet he would've been all over Artest.. I love Nate haha.

Oh who heard that Phil Jackson huddle HAHA.. Celtics are known for choking in the 4th quarter lol.. I gotta admit, that did make the Lakers more aggressive but the Celtics pulled through :).. It gave me good laughs.

Guest ooBah

Rondo's got the skills to back up his talk, but i still don't consider him an elite pg just yet, maybe another year. but as much as i like his game, he shouldn't be cocky about it. he has not matured and needs a good mentor. Plus I don't view any of the big 3 as the type of mentor to guide this young guy. Talking about the big 3... KGGGGGGG oh my god is he getting OLD! I've seen moments in every game in the finals thus far that have bluntly shown signs of aging.

Now for LA, RON RON FOR MVP!!!!!

Rondo's turned into a good floor general and pretty good overall player. If he ever develops a consistent 3pt jumper, he'll be really good. His mid-range game has improved though, and he sticks that mid-range jumper with some regularity when plays break down. To his credit though, he plays to his strengths. Boston's system and cast fit him well.

I would say the only real mistakes he makes are that he misses quite a bit of point-blank layups and his free-throw shooting. Defensively, I think he was better in previous seasons. He gambles a bit too often letting guys go past him, trying to poke the ball from behind, but it's understandable with how much of the ball-handling/play-making duties he has now.

Guest melo.breeze

Now for LA, RON RON FOR MVP!!!!!

now for real though, it's times like these i miss trevor. trevor never choked in crunch situations, he actually played a key factor in crunch time in last years' run. and come to think of it, instead of shooting freethrows, trevor would have ran that ball up the court and dunked the hell out of it + the and 1, whereas ron failed the lay up and bombed free throws.

i've been saying it all year, that the ron/trevor trade was a double edged sword. lakers gained muscle(ron) and lost hustle/athleticism(trevor) which they are in dire need for. all i know is that trevor never shot 2-10 on a nightly basis in the playoffs whereas ron is. ron hopefully redeems himself in game 6 and if we're lucky enough game 7.

Archived