NBA

Guest Chioster

WOW. What is this joke?! Perkins is ejected for WALKING AWAY?!

The refs need to under fire after this one. RIDICULOUS.

The first technical was one of those "I didn't see what happened so I'll give you both T's". And now this?

Dear David Stern. What are you going to do now.

I KNOW. I was so pissed off watching this. This is so ridiculous.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I've watched Celtics games, I can't help but feel like some of the calls that Kendrick Perkins gets called for really are unwarranted and seem like nothing but touch fouls. Perkins always does sport that mad look after a bad call, but referees should never let their emotions or ego factor into calls. Fans pay to watch the players, not the referees.

On another note, it looks like Dwight Howard's elbows are going to knock everyone out in the head in one way or another before this series ends.

Guest OhGeezeAnhthu

When I've watched Celtics games, I can't help but feel like some of the calls that Kendrick Perkins gets called for really are unwarranted and seem like nothing but touch fouls. Perkins always does sport that mad look after a bad call, but referees should never let their emotions or ego factor into calls. Fans pay to watch the players, not the referees.

On another note, it looks like Dwight Howard's elbows are going to knock everyone out in the head in one way or another before this series ends.

LOL.Perkins has that look on his face 24/7. The refs were just sensitive today. It was dumb.

And XD at Howard. I can't believe Davis got a concussion. I'm surprised Howard didn't have a flagrant this game. His elbow's real dangerous.

The C's were dropping like flies.

So one of Perkins technicals have been rescinded. So he avoids suspension. Celtics really need him for game 6. Now I'm just worried about Davis. And Wallace. And Daniels (assuming Daniels were to get some minutes lol).

Guest ooBah

LOL.Perkins has that look on his face 24/7. The refs were just sensitive today. It was dumb.

And XD at Howard. I can't believe Davis got a concussion. I'm surprised Howard didn't have a flagrant this game. His elbow's real dangerous.

The C's were dropping like flies.

Kobe's got some elbows too, a lot of players in the nba throw their elbows around

Guest showgunz

garnett throws elbows..and celtic fans call him tough & gritty

howard throws elbows..and celtic fans call him dirty

the only reason perkins got his tech rescinded is because he would have been suspended

carter got a tech for doing the same thing in game 2...but that wasn't rescinded

the first double technical with perkins and gortat was strange

neither one deserved it..but things were getting heated

really...the refs were about to lose control of the game

if anything...gortat shoulda been hit with a delay of game

i admit..when i saw davis slipping when he got up, i started laughing

i thought he was pulling a paul pierce

but when i saw him wobbling...i stopped, and knew he was seriously dazed

hope he's feeling better

tell me that mini cooper ain't crazy.. tell me that mini cooper aint john teshing crazy. EVERY TIME lakers!!!!!!!!!! damn how badly phoenix got pwnd :(

Steve Nash.. gets his nose bashed at an earlier game and gets his glory taken away just like that. Artest and his luck..! Goood mini cooper.

Heads-up play by Artest on that game-winning shot. To anticipate that Kobe's shot was going to be short, coming from the weak side of the play to track the ball, and to get off a quality shot before the game clock expires.

garnett throws elbows..and celtic fans call him tough & gritty

howard throws elbows..and celtic fans call him dirty

the only reason perkins got his tech rescinded is because he would have been suspended

carter got a tech for doing the same thing in game 2...but that wasn't rescinded

Were you referring to the altercation between KG and Quentin Richardson? I just brought up Howard because he's delivered some blows (although unintentional) to Paul Pierce (across the face), KG (back of the head), and Glen Davis (to the face). I don't think he's dirty, but he clears a lot of space with force. More of a compliment and comment on how much more physical he's been on the glass. I appreciate guys who play great defense.

The second technical should have been rescinded because it also led to an ejection. If that specific incident where Perkins walks away acted in place as his first technical, I don't think people would have been as mad because it would have been a warning (still kind of bogus), but it didn't merit an ejection. Referees need to be in better mind of how many technical fouls a player has, and an event like that shouldn't be the tipping point to where you toss a player out of the game.

Guest Valerie_BB

Garnett is a dirty player period!!! I am also really sick of seeing Perkins face every time he gets called for a foul. I dont blame the refs. for giving him 2 T's. He deserves them, and maybe he will start playing ball instead of complaining so much...

Guest ooBah

well.... suns tried. i didn't agree with some of the players on the floor for suns near the end of fourth.. their subs were doing very good, and i can understand putting back their starters with 3 min left for a final push but guys like Hill and Fry weren't doing good, to me.. Dragic and either Amundson or Lopez could have stayed in the game instead of those two. Kobe and Fisher are CLUTCH. Vujacic will always be a dumb player I dislike and it was hilarious when he fell for Dragic's taunt. Dragic is an incredible point guard, i can definitely see him taking over Nash once Nash retires.

Guest aiyan

Lakers were incredible the first half, and Kobe's 3 pointers were amazing as usual... I really hope they win against the Celtics, because I am not fond of them. Go Lakers!!! :)

And did anyone see Nash crying after the game in the locker room? I feel bad for the guy, never been to a playoff in his career and he's been at it for years now.

kobe was amazing

shot after shot, he was clutch

after the dragic made 6 points in a row, i seriously thought the suns would make a comeback

but due to kobe, it didn't happen

i loved how alvin gentry smiled at him after he made that tough shot on grant hill

coach gentry did a great job with the suns this year

i have a lot of respect for him

and for steve nash

the locker room scene was saddening to watch

Excited for the finals. This is a great match up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kobe definitely won't be doing as well against the Celtics though, at least I don't see it that way. Wonder who he'll guard, a new and improved Rondo who will actually make him play defense? I don't see him chasing Ray Allen around screens and stuff not to mention Kobe always plays the passing lanes and leave his man open a lot.

Artest and Pierce will be great too because of their past

Same with Gasol and KG, Gasol will be out to prove he ain't soft no more.

Guest xsilentangel
Garnett is a dirty player period!!! I am also really sick of seeing Perkins face every time he gets called for a foul. I dont blame the refs. for giving him 2 T's. He deserves them, and maybe he will start playing ball instead of complaining so much...

Are you $#*@#ing serious? DESERVED THEM? What player would put up with some BSed calls? What are you supposed to do when there's a bad call, stand around like an idiot? The fouls were dumb, especially the one in which Perkins walked away (the one that led to his ejection which is VERY CRUCIAL since he watches Dwight Howard, who had like 32 points that night).. Even the oh so biased commentators said, "That is not a foul" which surprised me A LOT.

Suns had numerous opportunities but they weren't aggressive enough. They have to actually play man-on-man defense.. They broke down in the paint plus the Lakers were hitting their perimeter shots and jumpers. I feel for Nash man... It hurt to see him in that state..

The actions of KG did surprise me a lot.. He should have been ejected for that.. I have no idea what he's thinking right now. I just hope Rondo is OK from his back spasms.. He's crucial.

Go Celtics! Why is this thread always bombarded with Laker fans? Where my Celtics fans at? Instead of buying a new BEAT LA shirt I whipped out my old one... yeeeeahhhhhhh

Archived