NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest aznkc

offtopic.... but any heard the jefferson wedding news?? bailed out hours before the wedding through email tooo.. $2 mill wedding down the drain

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest limbo189

lakers have cut negotiations with lamar odom for the time being ...

seems odom wants to be paid $10 million a year for five years,

when lakers are offering $10 million a year for three years, or,

$9 million a year for four years ...

i thought resigning odom was a sure thing ...

looks like jerry buss thinks otherwise.

this better not be another failed attempt by a lakers' player agent to reel in more money.

one person that should be blamed for the depature of ariza and maybe odom is kobe. kobe this year could have restructured his contract to faciliatate the signings of ariza and odom. so THEREFORE the lakers guys lost a promisng young player in ariza and maybe even odom, who is really a rare breed because of his versatility. this is why i hate kobe. most arrogant person on and off the court. you already have millions of dollars why cant u just give up some of that money to win another championship. so dumb.

and the lakers did a decent job in replacing ariza. apparently lakers fans are really happy that artest is in la but i honestly think that this move isnt that great. sure he puts up good stats and is a good defender, but hes just an older version of trevor ariza with character issues. will his presence in the lockeroom effect the laker's chemistry? will he have a good relationship wiht the players, especially kobe? will he be able to play effficiently in phil jackson's system? we shall soon find out...

Guest Unanimous

^^ Could have just handed me that $2 million. <_< How can he just do that? Beats me.

I think L.O.`s agent is just fishing for more $$$$. Odom loves L.A. and from what I know he is willing to get less...

Guest limbo189

Im just saying that the mavs needed a young offensive center in Gortat...they have an old crusty dampier. and man those magic sure are having a great off season. Now their are talks of L.O coming to Dallas...which i doubt will happen but i do see him going to miami along side d-wade, but what the lakers are doing to L.O is kind of sad...i mean this guy is a above average player. And to talk about millsap...that guy deserved every penny of his contract i seen him play and he plays with heart and tenacity...

the magic are dumb for matching the Mav's offer. now the magic are WAYYYY over the luxury tax limit to sign a now "frustrated" backup that probably will never get over teh fact that he could be starting in dallas. he will barely get any time to play in orlando, which is so unfortuanate because he has so much potential to become a very good starting center. i personally wanted him to go to dallas...

Guest GO!zilla

one person that should be blamed for the depature of ariza and maybe odom is kobe. kobe this year could have restructured his contract to faciliatate the signings of ariza and odom. so THEREFORE the lakers guys lost a promisng young player in ariza and maybe even odom, who is really a rare breed because of his versatility. this is why i hate kobe. most arrogant person on and off the court. you already have millions of dollars why cant u just give up some of that money to win another championship. so dumb.

and the lakers did a decent job in replacing ariza. apparently lakers fans are really happy that artest is in la but i honestly think that this move isnt that great. sure he puts up good stats and is a good defender, but hes just an older version of trevor ariza with character issues. will his presence in the lockeroom effect the laker's chemistry? will he have a good relationship wiht the players, especially kobe? will he be able to play effficiently in phil jackson's system? we shall soon find out...

i agree with the kobe thing where he should've restructured his contract. but you are wayyyyy overrating ariza's talent. i really don't see him being a good scorer without the presence of someone dominating as kobe. hes able to get open shots because of players like pau and kobe and i doubt he'll post the stats he did in houston. his defense will however always be there.

lakers chemistry... doesnt matter as long as all the players know they are #2 and kobe is #1. Phil Jackson has dealt with high risk, high players ie: Dennis Rodman in the past (should I say twice).

Guest lovefool

i agree with the kobe thing where he should've restructured his contract. but you are wayyyyy overrating ariza's talent. i really don't see him being a good scorer without the presence of someone dominating as kobe. hes able to get open shots because of players like pau and kobe and i doubt he'll post the stats he did in houston. his defense will however always be there.

lakers chemistry... doesnt matter as long as all the players know they are #2 and kobe is #1. Phil Jackson has dealt with high risk, high players ie: Dennis Rodman in the past (should I say twice).

i don't think we should blame kobe. Kobe's contract is his own contract, it is independent from his teammates contract. Your right, i think lakers know that kobe is #1, without kobe, the lakers wouldn't even be taken seriously as a playoff team. And it's not like the lakers didn't want ariza, ariza's agent said, they wanted to go to a team that would "appreciate" him more, the rokcets didn't even pay him that much more than the lakers offered. basically, ariza did well for lakers, but he's not worth what his agent is implying he is worth.

But i really hope odom can come back to lakers, i read somewhere on the lakersnation blog that he might take the deal that lakers have offered him. But if he doesn't take the deal, then the Lakers might be in a bit of trouble...

Guest xsilentangel

offtopic.... but any heard the jefferson wedding news?? bailed out hours before the wedding through email tooo.. $2 mill wedding down the drain

Well he saved some money then. They would have ended up divorcing anyways.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Well he saved some money then. They would have ended up divorcing anyways.

No. He's paying her a six figure settlement out of court.

So all he saved himself from were the words "I do."

Rodman never tried to do stuff on his own offensively because he couldn't anyways. Unfortunately, Ron Ron thinks waaaay too highly of himself and is a risk during crunchtime. I follow him on Twitter and man... he's a totally jackass. Fun to see how things will play out on opening night.

And it was Jack Haley who was credited for keeping Rodman in check most of the time. Didn't the Worm viciously headbutt a referee under Phil Jackson with the Bulls? His stay with the Lakers didn't last long either.

Rockets headed straight to the lottery thanks to Yao :)

Guest xsilentangel

Lol.. I guess it doesn't matter. That money won't make her feel any less humiliated.

Marquis Daniels joined the Celtics.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Finally, a decent swingman to replace James Posey.

Daniels is a pretty good perimeter defender. His three point shooting is atrocious though.

Guest Razor-T

sure, it would have been nice had kobe decided to take a pay-cut for the betterment of the team and its ability to re-sign core players. but in the end, you can't blame kobe entirely. after all, kobe is an employee to the game of basketball, and more specifically, an employee under Jerry Buss. in the real world, you don't see employees of a company take a pay cut just so that their co-workers can stay employed. if you want core players to return, then it's the responsibility of the boss (in this case, Jerry Buss) to make sure his players are paid and happy.

other than that, i'm really looking forward to an exciting 2009-2010 NBA season! so many roster upgrades and so many new looks around the league. it should be fun to watch =)

Guest Viet_teKniks

L.O and booze need to go to miami already...and marquis daniels going to the big green...pretty decent player i loved watching him play for dallas...

Guest epark1281

L.O and booze need to go to miami already...and marquis daniels going to the big green...pretty decent player i loved watching him play for dallas...

You just want them out of the western conference, lol

Guest DOVAHKIIN

... Geez. I'm starting to feel bad for Quentin Richardson.

He's gonna get traded to every team in the league at this rate,

Guest Viet_teKniks

You just want them out of the western conference, lol

damn howd you know hahahaha....jk...i just think l.o deserves a team that wants him...and he played their before and has his casa down there and booze wants to get out of desolate utah and party it up with lil jon in miami

Guest knockblock

... Geez. I'm starting to feel bad for Quentin Richardson.

He's gonna get traded to every team in the league at this rate,

Maybe you can say he is a journeyman.

Guest epark1281

Maybe you can say he is a journeyman.

I think he should give serious consideration about signing an endorsement deal with Samsonite.

Archived