NBA

Guest Chioster

How about being someone you can rely on to shoot free throws in crunch time? Or shoot anything in crunch time? Or make passes?

To be fair, it's not really a good idea to compare big men and wing players to begin with, as their roles are so different.

But by your logic Robert Horry should be on the list, he lives to be clutch. I agree with your point that it don't make sense to compare these 3 base of their skills, but to say Shaq and Duncan is not clutch is just being really biased.

I have nothing to say about Shaq, his dominance speaks for it self.

Duncan is not clutch? One of my favorite moments of him was when he made that clutch 3 to send it to overtime in the playoffs against the Suns. Also being 4 for 4 in the finals is another reason Duncan is above Kobe at the moment. Look at Duncan's stats in the 03 finals and tell me have Kobe have ever been that good in the finals? In game 6 Duncan put up something like 20 points, 20 rebounds, 10 assists and 8 blocks to prevent a game 7. Almost a quadruple double. His basketball IQ is up there with Larry Bird, he always makes the right decision in almost every play. He gets labeled as the most boring player because he never do anything flashy or show emotion, I think that is why people underrate him so much. Tim Duncan showed nothing but class on and off the court, can't say that the same for Kobe.

Kobe on the other hand is more skilled, and accomplished almost as much as Duncan. But the worst problem he have is his ego. Not saying he have no basketball IQ or anything, but he always take dumb shots (though he is taking smarter shots the past 2 years), he tries to over 2-3 defenders, and at times even over 5 defenders. I remember one game when Kobe scored 41 points. Looks good right? But he went something like 15 of 50 attempts, that was just straight up trying to shoot over the whole defense. Despite his great games and his 81 point game, there are games where I just *facepalm* at his shot selection. There are probably 2 defenders that can slow down Kobe, but the biggest Kobe stopper is Kobe's ego.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SurpriseSex

But by your logic Robert Horry should be on the list, he lives to be clutch. I agree with your point that it don't make sense to compare these 3 base of their skills, but to say Shaq and Duncan is not clutch is just being really biased.

That's not my logic at all. My logic is that Kobe Bryant has the ability to create shots and make shots where there shouldn't be any opportunities to score. My logic is that Kobe Bryant's shot-making ability, as well as his range and arsenal of footwork and timing make him a much more versatile scorer than O'Neal or Duncan who, for all their back to the basket greatness, are absolutely limited past 12 feet from the basket.

Guest SurpriseSex

^I just read that. I don't think it will make too much of a difference, though.

And what is Steve Kerr smoking? Seriously?

^Yea that's why I said I want to see them play together first before I make any predictions.

Next year should be fun (Barring any injuries):

Kevin/Paul/Ray/Rajon (If no one gets traded.)

Kobe/Pau/Ariza/Lamar (If Lakers resign both)

Lebron/Shaq/Mo

Tim/Richard/Tony/Manu

Yao/Tracy/Brooks/Scola

Brandon/Aldridge/Greg

Arenas/Butler/Jamison

Wade/??/?? (Screw it, Wade alone is exciting to watch)

So many good teams. So much excitement waiting to happen.

Even though Nelson didn't want Crawford in any of his plans for rebuilding the Warriors, they could at least try get a better offer or some picks.

This will save the Warriors about 9 million in cap space though, so meh.

Guest xsilentangel

Pavlovic and Wallace to Suns while Shaq goes to the Cavaliers...

Oh gosh I just can't imagine Shaq in a Cavaliers uniform..

Guest KorEaN

Lol is the Shaq curse going to go on Lebron now? Though I doubt that Lebron would get a title even with Shaq next year...

Don't know if it's real or not, but I just heard this:

Pistons traded Prince and Hamilton to 76ers for Dalembert and Iguodala.

Edit: People telling me Piston fans made it up. So it likely fake.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

^I just read that. I don't think it will make too much of a difference, though.

And what is Steve Kerr smoking? Seriously?

Really? I`ll take Shaq over Varejao or Ilgauskas anyday, those two softies.

EVERYONE knows no matter how rusted he is, Shaq commands a huge presence for defenders, which will only open up Lebron, and even Mo Williams.

It worked for Penny, it worked for Wade, it worked for Kobe, and it somewhat worked for Amare.

That was the problem against Orlando, they got destroyed inside by Dwight Howard because the latter two were too soft to match up. As seen in regular season matchups, Shaq can hold his own against Howard still, and most, if not all centers in the league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4284512

Claxton and Law for Crawford?

Crawford will have to battle for minutes behind Bibby and Johnson while Claxton and Law are non-factors.

At least with the Warriors Crawford scored buckets of points before sitting out entire games entirely.

It`s not a guarantee Bibby will be re-signed.

Even so.

Horford

Smith

Johnson

Crawford

Bibby

This is all under the assumption they don`t resign Marvin Williams. Even if they do, he can come off the bench for the SF and PF.

OR

Horford

Smith

Williams

Johnson

Bibby

______

Crawford off the bench for both guard spots. The Hawks have had success running the 3 guards line-up with Flip Murray, and Crawford is certainly an upgrade over him.

Crawford will get his minutes, it`s just a matter if he gets his shots.

EDIT: nvm, they won`t resign Bibby. he`s asking for too much.

Guest SurpriseSex

Crawford doesn't really pass, though. And a young team with low basketball IQ like the Hawks need a veteran point guard willing to move the ball around.

Guest Viet_teKniks

^^^^im so mad about that trade....i was so hoping diesel would join the mavs and for us to actually have a dominate force in the middle....gosh cuban do something right for once...man im so mad!!!! :angry:

man, he's one lucky son of a.....

first Penny, then Kobe, then Wade, now Bron... wut the...

Lucky? Kobe had prime Shaq, so who is the lucky one? I guess you don't see how lucky Kobe was to have the most dominant center to ever play on his team.

With Wade, it was not luck, he still demanded a lot of attention and still a force to be reckon with. And now with Lebron if he gets his 5th then he is lucky on that he partnered with arguable the best player in the game today. His presence will give Lebron and MO more open looks, but don't expect the same amount of open jumpers Wade and Kobe had.

Guest res0nate

Lucky? Kobe had prime Shaq, so who is the lucky one? I guess you don't see how lucky Kobe was to have the most dominant center to ever play on his team.

People might catch feelings over this.

People might catch feelings over this.

Ball don't lie.

Any star player would be the luckiest player to have prime Shaq on his team.

But the truth is: Any superstar is lucky to have another superstar play on his team. With it comes down to it, no one is lucky.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

^^^^im so mad about that trade....i was so hoping diesel would join the mavs and for us to actually have a dominate force in the middle....gosh cuban do something right for once...man im so mad!!!! :angry:

You had a chance to get Shaq a few years back, but Cuban was too dedicated to keep Dirk in town.

It's not like the Mavericks have anything appealing to trade, no single-year fat contracts left not named Dirk.

Crawford doesn't really pass, though. And a young team with low basketball IQ like the Hawks need a veteran point guard willing to move the ball around.

Not really. Johnson has done a more-than-adequate job being the team's distributor over the years.

Bibby was a shoot first PG from day one, getting Crawford doesn't really change that.

man, he's one lucky son of a.....

first Penny, then Kobe, then Wade, now Bron... wut the...

How is it LUCK that so many teams were interested in him? It's called being good enough to still attract attention from shopping teams.

Penny came afterwards, and he couldn't win jack after Shaq bolted for LA. Kobe was a nobody in his first two years in the league while Shaq was on the team, in which the Lakers still had big success. Without Shaq, Wade wouldn't have a ring to gawk at right now.

Archived