NBA

Guest Chioster

About random Lakers fans popping out:

Lakers is the most popular NBA team in the world right after the New York Knicks. Knicks generates the MOST money from tickets and merchandise sales for the last 5 years. It makes sense because the most popular city in the U.S. is New York and close behind is Los Angeles. The Knicks are not even a good team and they WAYYYY overpay their players , but because they play in Madison Square Garden and in New York, they are really popular. But unlike Lakers,you won't find any fraud Knicks fans or Knicks haters anywhere.

Though this will change if LeBron signs with New York. Just like the Cavs a few years before LeBron there were almost no Cavs fans and suddenly there are thousands of them.

Even the Knicks are the most popular team, I bet there are zero Knicks fans in this site. Just like my Golden State Warriors, I am probably the only Warriors fan on this site even though a lot of users from this site are from the Bay Area. Whenever the Lakers play in Oracle Arena more than 50% of the people wear Lakers jerseys. People love to root for the good teams, like the Patriots of the NFL. When the team win a championship, these fans go out in full force. This makes a lot of people hate the Lakers because most of they fans are fraud fans who doesn't even know the starting lineup of the teams. Lakers "haters" don't hate the Lakers because they are a great team, but because of it's fan base is mostly made up of bandwagoners.

The Patriots are the most hated team in he NFL, Lakers are the most hated team in the NBA, and Yankees are the most hated team in the MLB. Guess what all these 3 teams have in common in terms of it's fanbase?

On a funny note, right after Kobe won his 4th ring, these fraud Lakers fans are saying Kobe have surpassed Jordan as the greatest of all time. Most of the real Lakers I know wouldn't even put Kobe in the top 10 of all time. And if they do it's mostly #9 or #10. In their eyes Kobe jumped from #15 to #1 from leading his team to 1 championship :D.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there are more BOSTON Celtics haters out there than L.A. haters. More people hate the Celtics.

No one really hate on the Lakers, if I really wanted to bash on someone, it would be Kobe.

Lakers are the most hated team in the NBA, and Yankees are the most hated team in the MLB.

sigh...this is another reason why i'm going to ignore your outrageous posts.

Guest chickpeas

About random Lakers fans popping out:

Lakers is the most popular NBA team in the world right after the New York Knicks. Knicks generates the MOST money from tickets and merchandise sales for the last 5 years. It makes sense because the most popular city in the U.S. is New York and close behind is Los Angeles. The Knicks are not even a good team and they WAYYYY overpay their players , but because they play in Madison Square Garden and in New York, they are really popular. But unlike Lakers,you won't find any fraud Knicks fans or Knicks haters anywhere.

Though this will change if LeBron signs with New York. Just like the Cavs a few years before LeBron there were almost no Cavs fans and suddenly there are thousands of them.

Even the Knicks are the most popular team, I bet there are zero Knicks fans in this site. Just like my Golden State Warriors, I am probably the only Warriors fan on this site even though a lot of users from this site are from the Bay Area. Whenever the Lakers play in Oracle Arena more than 50% of the people wear Lakers jerseys. People love to root for the good teams, like the Patriots of the NFL. When the team win a championship, these fans go out in full force. This makes a lot of people hate the Lakers because most of they fans are fraud fans who doesn't even know the starting lineup of the teams. Lakers "haters" don't hate the Lakers because they are a great team, but because of it's fan base is mostly made up of bandwagoners.

The Patriots are the most hated team in he NFL, Lakers are the most hated team in the NBA, and Yankees are the most hated team in the MLB. Guess what all these 3 teams have in common in terms of it's fanbase?

On a funny note, right after Kobe won his 4th ring, these fraud Lakers fans are saying Kobe have surpassed Jordan as the greatest of all time. Most of the real Lakers I know wouldn't even put Kobe in the top 10 of all time. And if they do it's mostly #9 or #10. In their eyes Kobe jumped from #15 to #1 from leading his team to 1 championship :D.

No one cares what "fraud Laker fans" have to say. Kobe is not GOAT, Lebron is not GOAT, Wade is not GOAT. People who are convinced otherwise are obviously die hard fans with biased opinions, we all know this. No need to repeat useless biased opinions. (Although with this new chip Kobe is in the top 10 now IMO.)

sigh...this is another reason why i'm going to ignore your outrageous posts.

That's what I said, no one really hates the Lakers. I don't hate the Lakers, I hate it's fanbase. It changes with time, before the Partriots there was the Dallas Cowboys of the 90s. Great sport teams brings bandwagoners and in return more hate because of the ignorance of these fans.

Before last year, did anyone really hate the Celtics? No. People love to root for winning teams. That's why I said more people probably hates the Celtics and Boston franchises because they are the most successful city in terms of sports in this decade. L.A. only have the Lakers. The Clippers are laughable, the Kings are crap, the Dodgers haven't won anything in 20 years.

I couldn't believe the amount of people that talked bad about KG last year, when he was in Minnesota pretty much everyone wanted to see him get a ring. Suddenly he is on a winning team and people starts to hate him.

This year Lakers are the most hated. Next year it's going to be another team.

@chickpeasEr.

Lebron and GOAT shouldn't even be in the same sentence. If Lebron retires tomorrow, I wouldnt' even put LeBron in the Top 50 of all time at the moment. But Kobe is top 10 material, but between him and Oscar Robertson I can go with either one being #10. He can only go up the list from here, it all depends on what he can accomplish for the next 1-4 years.

Guest polka_dotts

I used to watch the Knicks play with my uncle when they had Starbury. Admittedly, I'll probably have a little harder time supporting them if LBJ signs with them... which btw, I did not know of that maybe-situation at all.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Who said anything about white people?

I did, got a problem with that?

You have to be smoking crack not to realize the the ethnic demographics of Celtics fans to Lakers fans. Look at the fans TD Banknorth Garden. You think they'll be joining Soompi anytime soon?

You wanna know why Lakers fans are 'better' represented here, on a Korean pop music forum? Because in LA and the state of California itself, the Asian population is overwhelmingly greater than that of Boston and the rest of Massachusetts. God, I'm Canadian and I already knew that.

There`s a REASON Bill Russell had a grudge against the city of Boston for so long.

So congrats, your Lakers fans are only better represented here because of the wonderful diversity that Massachusetts lacks.

The top ten of all time still stands as:

1. Jordan

2. Wilt

3. Russell

4. Shaq

5. Big O

6. Magic

7. Kareem

8. Bird

9. Jerry West

10. Elgin Baylor

11. Kobe

Followed by the usual set of Olajuwon, Robinson, Barkley, Duncan, Erving, Moses & Karl Malones, Stockton, etc. in various orders.

That's what I said, no one really hates the Lakers. I don't hate the Lakers, I hate it's fanbase. It changes with time, before the Partriots there was the Dallas Cowboys of the 90s. Great sport teams brings bandwagoners and in return more hate because of the ignorance of these fans.

Before last year, did anyone really hate the Celtics? No. People love to root for winning teams. That's why I said more people probably hates the Celtics and Boston franchises because they are the most successful city in terms of sports in this decade. L.A. only have the Lakers. The Clippers are laughable, the Kings are crap, the Dodgers haven't won anything in 20 years.

I couldn't believe the amount of people that talked bad about KG last year, whenhe was in Minnesota pretty much everyone wanted to see him get a ring. Suddenly he is on a winning team and pEeople starts to hate him.

This year Lakers are the most hated. Next year it's going to be another team.

@chickpeasEr.

Lebron and GOAT shouldn't even be in the same sentence. If Lebron retires tomorrow, I wouldnt' even put LeBron in the Top 50 of all time at the moment. But Kobe is top 10 material, but between him and Oscar Robertson I can go with either one being #10. He can only go up the list from here, it all depends on what he can accomplish for the next 1-4 years.

I definitely agree with the first part exception to there is real passionate haters. For example, I was never a yankee fan nor will I be.

Second part. I disgress. It should be top 10 in his position lol.

Top 50 players of all times mean Jaabar, Archibald, Barry, Barkley, Bird, Cousy, Jordan, Erving, Johnson, Thompson, Olajuwon, Russell, and etc.

I'm not saying he's not 50 material cause he is. But top 10 of all times?

Lebron is not goat but if continues to get better and stay in the NBA, he will be top 50 material.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

LeBron will crack an updated Top 50 Players list one day, just not now. Even if he doesn`t get a ring, he`ll still get it if he continues to drop the same numbers. In this modern day, it`s gonna be a while before we see someone put up the same numbers he does. So many players on the Top 50 lacked rings, but there`s no dispute for them, so why should there be any for LeBron?

Losing against the Magic wasn`t even his fault considering he ripped them apart; it was because Varejao and Ilgauskas were too soft to handle Lewis and Howard.

^ SLAM magazine have already put Lebron on their latest top 50. Another thing, on your list you forgot Duncan. In my opinion, I think Duncan should be ahead of Kobe.

Here is the SLAM list:

First of all: No Dirk? The Mavs did choke against the Warriors, but Dirk is an amazing pf. And Nash is on the list? WOW. Pretty bad list. Even the top 10 is bad. Robertson at #5? <_<

1 - Michael Jordan

2 - Wilt Chamberlain

3 - Bill Russell

4 - Shaquille O’Neal

5 - Oscar Robertson

6 - Magic Johnson

7 - Kareem Abdul Jabbar

8 - Tim Duncan

9 - Larry Bird

10 - Jerry West

11 - Elgin Baylor

12 - Kobe Bryant

13 - Hakeem Olajuwon

14 - Bob Pettit

15 - Julius Erving

16 - Moses Malone

17 - John Havlicek

18 - Karl Malone

19 - Isiah Thomas

20 - Charles Barkley

21 - Rick Barry

22 - John Stockton

23 - Elvin Hayes

24 - Bob Cousy

25 - David Robinson

26 - Kevin McHale

27 - Scottie Pippen

28 - Jason Kidd

29 - George Mikan

30 - Kevin Garnett

31 - Willis Reed

32 - Wes Unseld

33 - Nate Thurmond

34 - Dolph Schayes

35 - Walt Frazier

36 - Patrick Ewing

37 - Jerry Lucas

38 - Gary Payton

39 - Allen Iverson

40 - Billy Cunningham

41 - Clyde Drexler

42 - LeBron James

43 - Dominique Wilkins

44 - Dave Cowens

45 - George Gervin

46 - Bob McAdoo

47 - Earl Monroe

48 - Dennis Rodman

49 - Walt Bellamy

50 - Steve Nash

43 - Dominique Wilkins

44 - Dave Cowens

45 - George Gervin

46 - Bob McAdoo

47 - Earl Monroe

48 - Dennis Rodman

49 - Walt Bellamy

50 - Steve Nash

Guest nba2389

My list:

1) Jordan

2) Kobe

3) Russell

4) Kareem

5) Magic

Yeah, I think Kobe's already at 2. But he'll never eclipse His Airness.

^I would respect your opinion more if you actually give me reasons why Kobe is #2. I'll even exclude the old-era players. Biased aside, please tell me how is Kobe better than Duncan and Shaq? Because he scores more points?

Guest knockblock

Go to the Kings Arco arena when the Lakers are playing at Sacramento, you'll see Laker fans too. Hell, add the Blazers to it. Go to the Rose Garden when the Lakers play the Blazers at Portland, you'll also see Laker fans. You're guaranteed to see Laker fans outside of Los Angeles in the other west coast areas.

I'd switch the Patriots in place for the Cowboys. Then what you assert is good. The Dallas Cowboys have the same thing you're saying about the Lakers and the Yankees. Bandwagon fans, big market (but not gigantic like LA or NY), and being a number 1 ratings drawer.

I couldn't believe the amount of people that talked bad about KG last year, when he was in Minnesota pretty much everyone wanted to see him get a ring. Suddenly he is on a winning team and people starts to hate him.

Perhaps there are other attributes to go along with KG getting his hate. He started to be more of a d!ck and his antics caught attention this past season. Something he wasn't known for doing when he was with Minnesota.

Guest melo.breeze

having a top 10 all time list is pretty difficult to concoct accurately, mainly because you're comparing players who play different positions,

so it's expected that their numbers will vary greatly. but here's my shot at it:

1. Jordan, obviously.

2. Wilt, (though one on one i think jabbar would beat him)

3. Russel

4. Shaq, most physically dominant center of all time.

5. Jabbar

6. Bird

7. Magic

8. West

9. Kobe, second best shooting guard of all time if you ask me.

10. Baylor

followed by olajuwon, duncan, erving, the two malone's, ronbinson, thomas .. etc. etc. in whatever order.

so why does kobe enter top 10 surpassing baylor ? well seeing as though creating a top 10 list of all time is difficult seeing as though everyone played in different eras,

with different style of basketball, obviously, individual achievements (awards will play a major factor) on deciding the rankings.

so achievements made by Baylor. 11 time nba all star, rookie of the year, all star mvp, third all time leading scorer. (this is just a general list off the top of my head.)

now achievements made by Kobe. 11 time nba all star, 1 season mvp, 1 finals mvp, 3 all star mvp, four rings, 2 scoring titles, 17th all time scoring. (again off the top of my head, kobe by the end of his career in my opinion will reach magic status or greater), and just a few things that won't be shown on a statistical resume', benched for his first two seasons (so his first two seasons hold the equivalent value of half a year in say one of his recent years), led a rebuilding team back to the top with back to back finals appearances (winning one losing one), and though very cliche' wen talking about kobe bryant, but the man is clutch (yes he misses a lot, but makes just as many if not more).

now why does kobe surpass duncan ? to me, kobe and duncan are probably the most fundamentally sound basketball players in the league today, it's just that kobe 'probably' has a lot more arsenal than duncan. (i'm in no position to say that kobe is a lot more inept in the skills of basketball than duncan, hence the 'probably')

like now i'm not saying individual achievements decide everything, just saying it plays a big part when deciding a list comprised of players from all eras, so don't go flaming on me and ranting about someone else who may have a flashier resume' ? (not sure how to spell it, but yeah) and is not in my top 10.

lebron is probably somewhere around 55. it's my personal belief that a person shouldn't be considered in the greatest players of all time list when they're only reaching the middle point of their career. i'll give lebron 2-3 more years, given he keeps playing at this level until he enters my top 50.

Trade Rumors:

Richard Jefferson to the Spurs for Bruce Bowen, Oberto, and Kurt Thomas.

Ray Allen and Rondo to Detroit for Rip Hamilton, Stucky, and Prince.

That Spurs/Bucks trade looks interesting cause they are picking up a scorer and dumping expiring contracts.

and the Celtics/Pistons trade if it goes down, changes the dynamics of both teams.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

^ SLAM magazine have already put Lebron on their latest top 50. Another thing, on your list you forgot Duncan. In my opinion, I think Duncan should be ahead of Kobe.

Here is the SLAM list:

First of all: No Dirk? The Mavs did choke against the Warriors, but Dirk is an amazing pf. And Nash is on the list? WOW. Pretty bad list. Even the top 10 is bad. Robertson at #5? <_<

1 - Michael Jordan

2 - Wilt Chamberlain

3 - Bill Russell

4 - Shaquille O’Neal

5 - Oscar Robertson

6 - Magic Johnson

7 - Kareem Abdul Jabbar

8 - Tim Duncan

9 - Larry Bird

10 - Jerry West

11 - Elgin Baylor

12 - Kobe Bryant

13 - Hakeem Olajuwon

14 - Bob Pettit

15 - Julius Erving

16 - Moses Malone

17 - John Havlicek

18 - Karl Malone

19 - Isiah Thomas

20 - Charles Barkley

21 - Rick Barry

22 - John Stockton

23 - Elvin Hayes

24 - Bob Cousy

25 - David Robinson

26 - Kevin McHale

27 - Scottie Pippen

28 - Jason Kidd

29 - George Mikan

30 - Kevin Garnett

31 - Willis Reed

32 - Wes Unseld

33 - Nate Thurmond

34 - Dolph Schayes

35 - Walt Frazier

36 - Patrick Ewing

37 - Jerry Lucas

38 - Gary Payton

39 - Allen Iverson

40 - Billy Cunningham

41 - Clyde Drexler

42 - LeBron James

43 - Dominique Wilkins

44 - Dave Cowens

45 - George Gervin

46 - Bob McAdoo

47 - Earl Monroe

48 - Dennis Rodman

49 - Walt Bellamy

50 - Steve Nash

That's exactly where I got the list from with my own touch ups, I have the most recent SLAM issue with Jordan on the cover right beside me. I'm not gonna put Duncan in the Top 10 just yet, because it's still disputable. Top 15, for sure though. Best true power forward with Karl Malone. Nash definitely shouldn't be on the list. Dirk's not even a real PF, he's just an oversized shooting guard. But I see what you mean with his skill set; but he won't be recognized for his contributions to basketball until the end of his career or when he gets a ring. And why not Big O at number five? This man practically invented the triple double.

having a top 10 all time list is pretty difficult to concoct accurately, mainly because you're comparing players who play different positions.

so it's expected that their numbers will vary greatly. but here's my shot at it:

1. Jordan, obviously.

2. Wilt, (though one on one i think jabbar would beat him)

3. Russel

4. Shaq, most physically dominant center of all time.

5. Jabbar

6. Bird

7. Magic

8. West

9. Kobe, second best shooting guard of all time if you ask me.

10. Baylor

followed by olajuwon, duncan, erving, the two malone's, ronbinson, thomas .. etc. etc. in whatever order.

so why does kobe enter top 10 surpassing baylor ? well seeing as though creating a top 10 list of all time is difficult seeing as though everyone played in different eras,

with different style of basketball, obviously, individual achievements (awards will play a major factor) on deciding the rankings.

so achievements made by Baylor. 11 time nba all star, rookie of the year, all star mvp, third all time leading scorer. (this is just a general list off the top of my head.)

now achievements made by Kobe. 11 time nba all star, 1 season mvp, 1 finals mvp, 3 all star mvp, four rings, 2 scoring titles, 17th all time scoring. (again off the top of my head, kobe by the end of his career in my opinion will reach magic status or greater), and just a few things that won't be shown on a statistical resume', benched for his first two seasons (so his first two seasons hold the equivalent value of half a year in say one of his recent years), led a rebuilding team back to the top with back to back finals appearances (winning one losing one), and though very cliche' wen talking about kobe bryant, but the man is clutch (yes he misses a lot, but makes just as many if not more).

now why does kobe surpass duncan ? to me, kobe and duncan are probably the most fundamentally sound basketball players in the league today, it's just that kobe 'probably' has a lot more arsenal than duncan. (i'm in no position to say that kobe is a lot more inept in the skills of basketball than duncan, hence the 'probably')

like now i'm not saying individual achievements decide everything, just saying it plays a big part when deciding a list comprised of players from all eras, so don't go flaming on me and ranting about someone else who may have a flashier resume' ? (not sure how to spell it, but yeah) and is not in my top 10.

lebron is probably somewhere around 55. it's my personal belief that a person shouldn't be considered in the greatest players of all time list when they're only reaching the middle point of their career. i'll give lebron 2-3 more years, given he keeps playing at this level until he enters my top 50.

Baylor averaged 13.5 rebounds a game in his career, including 19.8 rpg in one season while being only 6'5. That's unheard of for a guard in today's era. And I don't care what era Baylor played in, not every 6'5 guy could grab boards like that back then. Most points in a Finals game with 61? Unheard of once again. Not even Jordan or Wilt cracked that. In today's game, there's only 4 players I can think of who could have a faint chance of doing that (LeBron, Kobe, Wade, and a healthy Arenas). The latter two won't reach the Finals for a while (or ever), so forget about them. Baylor first, then Kobe.

How you missed Oscar Roberston in the top 10 is beyond me.

On a different note: Spurs acquiring Jefferson? Holy.

Spurs and Bucks trade is confirmed and Bucks accepted.

PG - Tony Parker

SG - Roger Mason

SF - Richard Jefferson

PF - Tim Duncan

C - Matt Bonner

6th - Manu

Good contenders for next year. But the Spurs trademark defense went down a little. If Duncan and Manu stays healthy through the post season, they would be my favorites to win the finals in '10.

The Spurs need to draft a good center or pick up one in free agent, and they will be beasts. If Spurs sign Rasheed Wallace :ph34r: Spurs would be scary good on paper. Rasheed have already said he wants to play for the Spurs, so he would likely accept a mle contract.

Bowen's contracts is not guaranteed for 09-10, so he might be immediately be cut by the Bucks because they want to free up cap space. And if the Bucks do waive Bowen, the Spurs will sign him again.

-----------------------------

The Spurs strike first, now Lakers HAVE to respond. Now they 100% have to resign Ariza and Odom, Kobe better opt out and take a pay cut.

crazy trade:

mike miller and randy foye for 3 forwards and the 5th pick in the draft.

adding miller next to haywood stevenson and gil-zero, crazy scoring.

also Oberto gets traded from the Bucks to the Pistons for Amir Johnson. and Yahoo sports is saying that the Pistons will buy out Oberto's contract in which he becomes a free agent.

Guest SurpriseSex

^I would respect your opinion more if you actually give me reasons why Kobe is #2. I'll even exclude the old-era players. Biased aside, please tell me how is Kobe better than Duncan and Shaq? Because he scores more points?

How about being someone you can rely on to shoot free throws in crunch time? Or shoot anything in crunch time? Or make passes?

To be fair, it's not really a good idea to compare big men and wing players to begin with, as their roles are so different.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

And the Wizards just got better just like that.

Haywood

Jamison

Butler

Stevenson/Foye/Miller

Arenas

If anything, Stevenson gets traded away and Miller starts with Foye subbing in for the 1 and 2.

Or start Foye, and have Miller sub in for 2 and 3.

Shame, had the Wolves not been dumb, that could've been Brandon Roy still on their team.

Guest xsilentangel

No most hate on the Patriots because of spygate.

Ray and Rondo better not be packing their bags anytime soon..

Archived