NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest PB&Banana

I think Ariza and Odom will stay I'm hoping they will stay Odom and Ariza don't seem the type to leave a franchise right after they win a ring. Odom definitely he's had his ups/down with the lakers and now he has a ring.

Next season we need our bench to be great not just lamar being great we need 5 bench guys playing well to beat the teams that are surging in the west and in the east.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest polka_dotts

KG's surgery went perfectly fine so I am looking forward to the 2009-2010 season.

Oh, great! I hope his recovery goes well.

Off season, gotta re-sign Ariza and Odom first.

THIS.

Man, I'm so proud of Trevor! Woooot.

And after he and Hedo got into it, he came back ready to play for real. lol.

Guest parkie871

They just dominated this game!!! Glad Kobe got mvp....he deserved it. Shaq only got it because of his size ;p

Definitely need to resign (and I think these players will stay) odom, ariza, gasol. I also think Phil will stay.

Guest SurpriseSex

Lamar Odom will most likely stay, I think he's finally found a niche with the Lakers. And, as mentioned before, is willing to take a pay cut.

Trevor Ariza will have a lot of incentive to stay as well. He loves the Los Angeles area and is very comfortable playing there as he played there in college as well. And also, it seems like he's finally found a home with the Lakers after bouncing around the league so much in his earlier years.

Kupchak is not afraid of the luxury tax, and he must know that these two guys are integral to the team's chemistry.

Guest JacksonC

Ideally I would love to see the whole team back next year, they should be given the chance to defend their title. Odom has an amazing talent and when he plays well we are pretty much unbeatable. If he is willing to take a pay cut and less years on his contract, please get him to stay. Ariza is a guy that I would like to see on the team down the road, he can do it all, and will continually get better as he is still young.

I hate when the seasons over..means no more basketball for awhile, only thing remotely close is WNBA, but...who watches that?

Guest wendo

Magic definitely didn't play their best last night but they had a great season and I'm so glad they made it to the finals when nobody believed in them. I can't wait for next season, I am hoping Turk and Alston will stay with the Magic! Next season will be tough with KG back and LeBron but I think they can get to the finals again and win.

Guest GO!zilla

you stay classy LA. glad to see the media is actually reporting negative things about other city's fans other than Philly. if this would have happened in Philly, it would have been everywhere.

glad to see LA "fans" are slowly getting a bad rep as well.

So will the NBA let another lopsided trade go thru to help out a superstar (KG to Celts, Gasol to Lakers)....Shaq to Cavs for 12th man?

old news... even when we won the third for the 3peat, we had mexicans doing stupid stuff. am i being racist/stereotyping? i dont think so. watch the news, its prob 90% hispanics that are giving la a bad rep =D

Guest Volts

^our city had a riot when we won one round during the NHL playoff last year ! i rank ourselves right up there

Anyway, finally back from SoCal. I did not watch the game, but congrats to the Lakers and Kobe.

Oh and about Ariza, L.A is determined to sign him. The only way Ariza will not come back to the Lakers is if another team offers him a lot of money. Lakers will try to sign him to a MLE contract and resign Odom at the same time. Odom already said he will take a pay cut, but it might have to be a 50% pay cut in order to resign Ariza.

Will Ariza resign with the Lakers even if another team offers a lot more money? How much paycut will Odom take? More than half? He made 14 million this season, will he sign for 3-5 million?

Teams that can offer a lot of money to Ariza: Pistons, Thunders, Trailblazers, Clippers, Grizzlies, and Hawks.

Resigning both Ariza and Odom won't be easy. Kobe needs to op out like Magic and take a pay cut so he can keep his team.

old news... even when we won the third for the 3peat, we had mexicans doing stupid stuff. am i being racist/stereotyping? i dont think so. watch the news, its prob 90% hispanics that are giving la a bad rep =D

80% of the Lakers fans I meet can't even name the starting line up of the Lakers. The answers are like this: "Kobe Bryant.......????"

So I can say everyone was just looking for a reason to loot stores and start riots. Just troublemakers and not real fans.

NBA is over, time to focus on MLB.

Guest polka_dotts

Been reading a lot of Trevor articles. He seems to really want to stay. I think he should stay. Whatever the outcomes are, I hope he stays. A dream situation would, of course (I think it has been previously mentioned) is Kobe taking a paycut or LA paying the luxury tax to keep both Lamar and Trevor. IMO, they also wasted a good chunk of money with Sasha's contract as well.

Guest lakers

Paul Pierce's twitter update: "Lakers vs orlando. Looked like a german sherperd vs a poodle that's ok the rotwieler celtics will b back in 2o10"

Guest polka_dotts

Yeah, IKR! I was O___O at them booing Luke when I watched the YT clips. =( The crowd was hella hyped for Trevor though.

And SMH @ Paul Pierce. He needs some humility in his life.

A bunch of pics can be found here: GettyImages - LA Lakers.

Archived