NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GO!zilla

No way, Houston is not going to trade McGrady.

Yao, McGrady, and Artest are the Rockets big 3. If all 3 stays healthy, Rockets will be contenders.

where have you be the past few years?

yao and mcgrady will never stay healthy.

^ Hence the word "If"

Best thing to do is wait and see what McGrady have to offer. If he is motivated and play at a high level keep him and see what happens. If he can't, trade his expiring contract, simple as that. No sense in trading him when the potential for him to come back and play well is there, no matter how small a chance it is, you still take it.

One thing the rocket need the most is a backup center and maybe an elite PG that could actually make a post-entry pass down the court in crunch time. Aaron Brooks was great in the playoffs, but he is also the weak link in the starting line up. He is better of coming off the bench like Jason Terry for the Rockets.

But then again which team would be crazy enough to give up their elite PG? Rockets can try to go after Kidd. Also Nash's contract is expiring soon, but he is not fit for the Rockets since he does not excel in the half court. Nor does he play any defense at all. Whatever they do, I hope they don't go after Iverson.

Guest SurpriseSex

The Rockets wasted four or five years waiting for Tracy McGrady to get his act together. I say stop the bleeding.

Guest bhebie9

my hen won... >D WHOOT~ now the game against Cleveland would be really interesting. I doubt Orlando would win the finals against them tho.

Guest mofo

i don't think any team would participate in a trade for t-mac at the moment. he's injury prone, and probably reached his peak in orlando and early houston days.

did i mention he's injury prone? lol..houston is still a player or two away from being a championship contender tho.

The only way to solve the WWE issue is:

Sasha Vujacic vs. whoever is the WWE women's Championship

Who ever wins gets Pepsi Arena for the day.

------------------------------

Okay seriously, I don't see why WWE should give up the arena. They booked it 9 months in advance. They have already sold 10k+ tickets and canceling it won't be easy. The NBA would have to pay a lot of money to WWE to have the arena that day.

The Nuggets owner didn't think the Nuggets would make it this far into the playoffs. It's his fault, he should find a different arena.

Either way it's looking bad for the Nuggets. Without their real home arena, they are at a disadvantage. Hope they find a way to compromise.

Guest CKcrossover

The only way to solve the WWE issue is:

Sasha Vujacic vs. whoever is the WWE women's Championship

Who ever wins gets Pepsi Arena for the day.

lol ditto to that

The owner might have just became the

most hated man in Denver by Nugget fans

man, talk about having faith in your team

Guest DOVAHKIIN

The Lakers haven't given us fans much reason to swallow any pride. Winning games does that to you. Guess Raptors fans don't know much about that, huh?

I believe Game 4 of last year's Finals was an excellent example of Lakers fans sticking their tails between their legs. The massacre in Game 6 definitely kept you all sulking. The so-called "devoted" Lakers fans in this thread were the same ones who gave up on their own team after Game 4's humiliation, despite the Lakers being able to take Game 5.

Yeah, some pride you got there.

Guest derrek

I definitely never gave up!

"Daryl Morey said doctors are hopeful Tracy McGrady could be practicing by November, though he doesn't expect it. "

Now do you want to trade him?? if you still want him, you're nuts... he's not that good haha

Guest DOVAHKIIN

So...who gave up? Can I get some evidence?

Congrats to the Celtics for that comeback, they've proven themselves to be the better team in this series. It's not over till it's really over, obviously, but the Lakers will have to find a way to close out games if they want to keep this alive...

If I'm not mistaken, that was YOUR banned account. :huh: wtfbbq

I definitely never gave up!

"Daryl Morey said doctors are hopeful Tracy McGrady could be practicing by November, though he doesn't expect it. "

Now do you want to trade him?? if you still want him, you're nuts... he's not that good haha

Go watch some vintage McGrady highlights and tell me again he is not good. Even if he is 1/2 of what he used to be, he is still a better scorer than anyone on the Rockets roster.

I don't care if the percentage of him coming back and playing well is 1%. I would take that chance.

I would be pissed off if McGrady pulls a Randy Moss on the Rockets and all the Rockets get is a random role player or an old player well into their 30s in return.

Im in agreement with 1love, Tracy was an offensive threat day in and day out. He had drive, and everything you wanted in a star player, except good health near the end. I loved watching Orlando/houston games vs the Lakers because I wanted to see Kobe vs Tracy. I think if he had his health we would be talking about Tracy, Kobe, and Lebron in the same sentence.

yeah even less than half healthy this year he was able to produce. he doesn't need to score to be effective. he is an above average passer and can easily get a double double with points and assists.

Guest derrek

You don't have to tell me, we had him in Toronto when he was growing. I was a huge Tracy fan.

But ya, your 1% chance of him returning remark is enough to disqualify you from all conversation. :P

I love T-Mac, I would like to see him come back for a full season and win a championship. But come on, wake up people.

You don't have to tell me, we had him in Toronto when he was growing. I was a huge Tracy fan.

But ya, your 1% chance of him returning remark is enough to disqualify you from all conversation. :P

I love T-Mac, I would like to see him come back for a full season and win a championship. But come on, wake up people.

Obviously I said that to make a point, we all know it's not 1%. The chances of McGrady coming back for a full season is way higher than 1%.

I'll mark your words. I will come back and laugh at you if McGrady come back next season. It's a contract year for McGrady and that is when superstars will play their best. Championship? They will have a chance. It's always been McGrady getting inured or Yao getting injured. In Orlando it was that damn Grant Hill. Poor McGrady =(

McGrady and Vince Carter would've been great.

McGrady and Grant Hill.........OMG

McGrady and Yao.....Well maybe would be great.

Another thing, I hate it when people blame McGrady for the Rockets' never passing the 1st round. T-Mac brought his A game to every playoff games, it was his teammates who didn't do jack.

The last time the Yao and T-Mac duo was healthy in the playoffs, they had a team of Yao, Hayes, Shane, Tmac and Rafer as their starting 5. To tell you how pathetic that Rockets team was, there was a playoff game where only four players scored yet despite Yao's struggles against Memo, T-mac managed to take it to 7 games and ultimately lost the series because Juwan Howard cant hit an open jumper and no one can grab a rebound.

Last year, without Yao and Rafer (missed 2 and a half games), T-mac led the Rockets against the Jazz and took the series to 6 games. His team was: Deke, Scola, Shane, T-mac and Bobby jackson. Their 6th man was Luther ****ing Head and Carl Landry/Chuck Hayes as the 7th. Bobby Jackson laid an egg in that series because he looked lost in the offense and bricked open shots. He sucked more than Rafer ever did. Luther Head, the backup PG, shot the same too. I may be wrong but I believe Luther was 1-14 or something on shooting. Another thing about this series is that late in the regular season, T-mac was already hurting his knee and shoulder.. and he still played in the playoffs. After the season 4 players undergone surgery that time (tmac, shane and rafer)

Don't blame T-Mac! Even Kobe couldn't carry the Lakers pass the 1st round all by himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh if the Rockets wanted to trade McGrady, they would've traded him to Detroit. When Detriot wanted to free up some cap space their first offer was T-Mac's expiring contract and Alston for Billups and Tayshaun Prince.

If they passed up on that offer, what would they accept? Well actually they wanted Billups and Hamilton from the Pistons.

---------------------------------------

I love the NBA lottery! Always get me excited.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

But then again which team would be crazy enough to give up their elite PG? Rockets can try to go after Kidd. Also Nash's contract is expiring soon, but he is not fit for the Rockets since he does not excel in the half court. Nor does he play any defense at all. Whatever they do, I hope they don't go after Iverson.

Raymond Felton or Ramon Sessions?

Bobcats will probably want to start and develop DJ Augustine, and the Bucks probably won't be able to re-sign both Sessions and Villaneuva. Not exactly all-star caliber guards, but decent.

Archived