NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Why isn't anyone crediting the Rockets for actually playing more-than-decent defense? Instead of just looking at the Lakers as the reason for the loss, maybe it was partly due to the Rockets' D? You don't shoot 35% all game long against crappy D. And it wasn't like that game where the Lakers had open looks and just missed them.

It's not easy to have a "Kobe-like" game when Shane Battier or Artest are in his face 24/7. You're talking two of the best perimeter defenders against the best perimeter player in the league.

I don't mind Bavetta. I mind Crawford though.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LolitaMan

Luis Scola was a BEAST!!! haha funny how lakers are struggling to beat a Yao Ming less Rockets team. Even though Lakers will probably(Should) win game 7, they had their hands full with the Rockets. I'll be rooting for the Nuggets to win it all! Go Chauncey!

Guest CKcrossover
Why isn't anyone crediting the Rockets for actually playing more-than-decent defense? Instead of just looking at the Lakers as the reason for the loss, maybe it was partly due to the Rockets' D? You don't shoot 35% all game long against crappy D. And it wasn't like that game where the Lakers had open looks and just missed them.

It's not easy to have a "Kobe-like" game when Shane Battier or Artest are in his face 24/7. You're talking two of the best perimeter defenders against the best perimeter player in the league.

I think we all know that those 2 guys can shut down Kobe

just didn't expect a great coach like Phil to not have

a solution for them after what happened in game 4

Anyone seen the new Nike puppet commercial?

I saw it for the first time today and I was LMAO

"Lebron! Where are my 3 rings?"

lol there are 2 of these commercials

"It's the playoff Kobe! WOO! I need a basketball in my hand!"

friking priceless

Guest kanyewong

yo dawg, this freestyle is fo the Rockets

the rockets are better than the lakers.

lakers are just stupid fakers.

who cares about kobe?

yao ming drinks hella sobe.

houston's luis scola is a beast.

everyday he has a giant feast

god on earth is dikembe mutumbo

derek fisher is mumbo jumbo

to be honest , i am not a hater

im not dissing on the lakers

rockets are just better than them

WORD

jesus i suck at online rapping. . . _.

even if the lakers win, they won't beat the DENVER MCNUGGETS.

CHAUNCHEY BILLUPS IS AWESOME!

Guest LolitaMan

Anyone seen the new Nike puppet commercial?

I saw it for the first time today and I was LMAO

"Lebron! Where are my 3 rings?"

lol yeah I thought it was pretty funny too. Especially when he ate those cookies.

Guest dudnaito
ughhh what's up with the Lakers? What happened to dominating teams and blazing through the Playoffs.

We are choking here. Kobe really haven't had a "Kobe-like" game this whole series.

The Bench has something up their a$$ or something.... sighs. Come on Lakers!

Game 7 is ours, no doubt about that. But I m worried, yet still confident, about playing the Nuggets.

We will win... =) Just Cavs are getting so much rest compare to us.

Go Lakers!!!!

Wouldn't be surprise if Joe Crawford is officiating Sunday's game. He is Sterns fav!

wow, way to be hating on the rockets. I'm sure this entire series of 100's of minutes logged in of play has been a coincidence. Seriously, give some credit to the Rockets, and I'm not saying the Nuggets are overrated, cause they're pretty stacked, but their first two-rounds were against teams that have very little in the way of defense. I can honestly say that the rockets would be tougher than either one of them against the Nuggets.

Obviously, I'm uber-biased being a rockets fan for my entire life, but when a series is tied at 3-3, how in this side of delusion are you that you have "no doubt" that the mentally weak Lakers will pull through. Rockets have 40+ million dollars in suits sitting in their bench, and still making the Lakers look bad.

Normally I could speak volumes about how great the Lakers are...

but after game 6, I have nothing.

Although the officiating wasn't very... ahem

Anyone think Artest is better off killing vampires?

(pleaaase someone catch my drift...no one has been able to get my joke :( )

Guest dudnaito
Normally I could speak volumes about how great the Lakers are...

but after game 6, I have nothing.

Although the officiating wasn't very... ahem

Anyone think Artest is better off killing vampires?

(pleaaase someone catch my drift...no one has been able to get my joke :( )

right, cause the officiating in game 2 was inspiring. Ejecting Ron for a foul that Kobe committed while Ron was the hottest player in the Rockets with 25 pts. just 4 behind Kobe's 29 at the time wasn't a factor in the Rockets' loss? Dude, when you're down 23-1, officiating should not even be in the corner of your thoughts.

Guest Unanimous

I don't mind Bavetta. I mind Crawford though.

I'll give credit where it belongs.

We all know the Rockets can play great, especially now that they are extremely motivated.

But we didn't know how horrible the Lakers can play, until now. (The first quarter of last nights game said it all)

So of course I am going to bring up the fact that the Lakers can play bad; therefore, they are contributing to the Rockets win.

No one can denial that the Rockets are playing well, cause they are. But we all know they can play this well.

I love Aaron Brooks.

"Nobody has given you guys a chance all series. How do you take that into game seven?"

"We still have no chance."

Still awesome to see the underdog Rockets without McGrady, Yao or Mutumbo to push the series to game 7.

I'd love to see an upset for the Lakers even if they won't beat the Nuggets.

Vujacic just became one of my most hated players in the league. Not because he sucks, but because he have no sportsmanship whatsoever. Even most Lakers fans hate him and that's saying a lot. Did you watch the last seconds on the game? He was defending aggressively with 5 seconds on the clock. I understand that he was guarding with 30~ seconds left, but 5 seconds? WTH was that? You didn't play defense the whole game and suddenly your down by 15 in the finals seconds and you decide to grab Battier's hand and put your hands like an inch away from his face.

Last year he said this about the Hornets: "They're playing to beat us, we're playing for an NBA Championship. This is their championship." I was like wtf? I thought he just phrased it wrong, but after today I'm positive it was a low blow to the CP58 (Joke) and the Hornets.

Found a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0rpILK1P9A

Guest mofo

sasha is a loser. wasn't he supposed to shut down ray allen in the finals as well? lol

it would be so awesome if the rockets won game 7

unfortunately, the officials and david stern might be the 6th man that the lakers need to beat the rockets..

i really hope i'm wrong tho..

if the lakers lose against the rockets in game 7, kobe bryant should not be called the best player in the nba today.

the best player in the nba can elavate his game and that of his teammates against a team playing without its two superstars.

Guest 432521

so was the list love1 listed really the officials that will be officiating the game or is the list one out yet?

sasha is a loser. wasn't he supposed to shut down ray allen in the finals as well? lol

it would be so awesome if the rockets won game 7

unfortunately, the officials and david stern might be the 6th man that the lakers need to beat the rockets..

i really hope i'm wrong tho..

if the lakers lose against the rockets in game 7, kobe bryant should not be called the best player in the nba today.

the best player in the nba can elavate his game and that of his teammates against a team playing without its two superstars.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPol...mp;pollId=71591

That is a poll by state, in every state Lebron wins by more than 50% even in California. I really want this year to be Lebron's career year because I don't even want to imagine what kind of numbers he puts up if he gets any better.

Kobe is passing the torch to Lebron, no matter who win it all this year.

so was the list love1 listed really the officials that will be officiating the game or is the list one out yet?

One or more of the three will be officiating the game. Hope it's not Crawford.

Guest dudnaito

i believe list will be out on sunday

right, cause the officiating in game 2 was inspiring. Ejecting Ron for a foul that Kobe committed while Ron was the hottest player in the Rockets with 25 pts. just 4 behind Kobe's 29 at the time wasn't a factor in the Rockets' loss? Dude, when you're down 23-1, officiating should not even be in the corner of your thoughts.
They ejected Artest for what happened after the foul. Yes, I agree, it was a foul. No need to be all defensive. I still think Artest is better off killing vampires. He could be Blade's sidekick.

Guest dudnaito
the lakers will win in game 7. it's just like how the celtics struggled in the first two rounds last season.

how is it remotely the same? All 3 games the Lakers lost to the Rockets, they lost badly and definitively. Even in game 1, where it ended with not that great of a point differential, the Lakers literally had the lead for less than a minute throughout the entire game. Game 4 had the Rockets with a 29 point lead, and this latest loss started off with a 17-1 scoreboard. THe series is tied at 3-3, but the Rockets victories were greater. Quite a bit different from the Boston/Atlanta games not to mention that Atlanta was becoming a legit team with all its stars intact, or are you calling Joe Johnson a chump?

Sure, game 5 was a complete blowout, but if you look at all the games, there's no real reason to give the Lakers any kind of an advantage. Secondly, nobody has any respect for them. Whatever small shred of respect most b-ball fans were forced to give to Kobe and the Lakers due primarily to their talent is now long gone. I'm obviously biased as a long-time Rockets fan, but just look at any of the big Lakers forums, they've pretty much abandoned the current incarnation of their team, Magic Johnson's just plain disgusted, and do you read the LA times? Yeah, they don't care for the lakers at all. Even while living in LA, my friends and I cheered for Boston last year.

Honestly, I hope the Rockets win, just because if they lose this series, their truly historic run as quite possibly the most undermanned team to ever take the #1 seed this far might well fall into the shadows of obscurity. Phil Jackson made excuses like how his team isn't 100% with Odom's back injury. Are you kidding me? The Rockets traded away their starting PG, both their star players are OUT, the damn 60 billion year old backup center Mutombo's out. Our starting center's a lightly regarded 6'6"er going against two 7 footers in Bynum and Gasol.

Please use your brain and wrap your head around that. Our starting center's the same height as both of the starting Forwards.

Forgive me for any rude remarks, i'm still high off that victory.

They ejected Artest for what happened after the foul. Yes, I agree, it was a foul. No need to be all defensive. I still think Artest is better off killing vampires. He could be Blade's sidekick.

always did think he looked like a black Satan. Not that I don't love him as a Rocket... but yeah, he just looks evil.

Archived