• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CKcrossover

What a comeback by the Celtics tonight

Marbury looked like an All-Star again in the fourth

13-6 Start

Come on Rockets show me a sequel of game 4

Guest DOVAHKIIN

does it really matter if lakers dropped 2 games ? hell i don't care if they drop 3, but i would care if they lost the series.

you've got to remember, last years lakers came into the finals with a 12-3 record if i remember correctly,

whilst the celtics came to the finals with a 12-8 record ... in the end who won the finals ? celtics.

and all this comparing of kobe and tmac, just stop it already. if you're really arguing who the better player is,

then i think we all know it's kobe. you'll just be blind otherwise. yes, 13 points in 35 seconds is a great accomplishment, outstanding actually.

but so is 81, 62 in 3 quarters, 12 3 pointers in one game, 61 at madison square, 4 consecutive 50+ games. there's your friggin' comparison.

ever since the series began, we've gotten a lot of new rockets posters who are just as bad as laker bandwagonners,

comments such as the one quoted is a perfect example of rockets fans who are just as bad.

don't get me wrong, there are also rockets fans posters here in this forum who do post good comments even though it's against lakers,

but i think we'll all agree that saying that a team is 'trash' is a bit of a 'hater' remark, keep your posts productive

oh hell, even our lovely mod has joined the houston bandwagon.

in short, the series isn't over yet, neither team has yet earned the privilege of bragging rights,

i suggest we fans do the same.

The only reason Kobe set a lot of those numbers was because the rest of the Lakers team was garbage that year had it not been for Kobe's heroics. 42-40 record I believe? Sub-par in today's standards in the West. High-volume scoring means nothing if you can't win it all and/or your team doesn't get involved. In fact, before Gilbert Arenas got injured, I had him up on the same level with Kobe in terms of scoring at will.

No one's saying TMac is better than Kobe now. But before the injuries took their toll on McGrady, he was playing at a very high level that matched Kobe's, as 1love pointed out. Early in his career in Toronto, McGrady was a very good swingman for a guard as well.

Right now, these are the top players in the league who can just score at will:

1. LeBron

2. Kobe

3. Wade

4. Kevin Martin

5. Carmelo

6. Amare when not playing in a miserable Suns' half-court offense

If TMac & Arenas were the same as they were a few years back, they'd be right up there as well. Don't forget Iverson, but he needs to be in a "me-first" role or a fast-break team like last year's Nuggets.

Guest IMAFKNOW

does it really matter if lakers dropped 2 games ? hell i don't care if they drop 3, but i would care if they lost the series.

you've got to remember, last years lakers came into the finals with a 12-3 record if i remember correctly,

whilst the celtics came to the finals with a 12-8 record ... in the end who won the finals ? celtics.

and all this comparing of kobe and tmac, just stop it already. if you're really arguing who the better player is,

then i think we all know it's kobe. you'll just be blind otherwise. yes, 13 points in 35 seconds is a great accomplishment, outstanding actually.

but so is 81, 62 in 3 quarters, 12 3 pointers in one game, 61 at madison square, 4 consecutive 50+ games. there's your friggin' comparison.

ever since the series began, we've gotten a lot of new rockets posters who are just as bad as laker bandwagonners,

comments such as the one quoted is a perfect example of rockets fans who are just as bad.

don't get me wrong, there are also rockets fans posters here in this forum who do post good comments even though it's against lakers,

but i think we'll all agree that saying that a team is 'trash' is a bit of a 'hater' remark, keep your posts productive

oh hell, even our lovely mod has joined the houston bandwagon.

in short, the series isn't over yet, neither team has yet earned the privilege of bragging rights,

i suggest we fans do the same.

are u kidding me, u sound like ur on the laker bandwagon.

when did i compare tmac to kobe, kobe > tmac anyday. what the hell are you talking about...

i am not houston poster either, its embarrasing losing to such short handed rockets. no CENTER, and yes, NO YAO MING.

and next season houston can move tmac or get tmac back, and will make them better, he wont be good as kobe but rockets would get more double teams and open shots.

in all, lakers sucks for losing to rockets twice. coming into playoffs as the "best team" with cavs, but cant beat a team without any allstars or CENTER

Rocket's game strategy:

1) Dribble around outside the paint, passing the ball a lot *insert probable turnover here*

2) Options

A: Give the ball to Scola to brick a jumper from the top of the key.

B: Artest chucks a contested 3

C: Battier misses an open 3

3) Get an offensive rebound

4) Repeat

Guest SurpriseSex
lakers are trash, they lose to houston... they dont even have a center lol

Full roster lakers < Houston bench

it doesnt even matter anymore if lakers win this series, they dropped 2 games.

houston should sweep lakers next season.

You're just dumb and delusional.

Guest 432521

yao opts out and heads to LA? just an idea...

Lets not joke about this, and we have him until 10-11 i think and i think people will be working hard to sign big names or trying to keep there big names so there will be no cap space... right?

We got spanked today. I hope we play better on home court and bring it to a 7 game series

Disappointing game by the Rockets, 27% shooting in the 1st half? Did not attack the basket at all, and after missing 10+ threes in a row you'd think they would drive to the basket more.

This is the way the Lakers are expected to play. Let's see if they can play like this for the rest of the playoffs.

Guest PB&Banana

Man dwight howard is the best player on his team and he only took 10 shots?!

At some point he has to get the ball, if no one's looking for him make them look.

Come on Lakers let's see if they can sustain their energy going on the road. Play a smart game and play like the game means something.

I'm not trying to justify their loss because a loss is a loss but rockets are a very good team each guy plays with intensity and it might not always show in the results but they play hard in each and every game. They won games without some of their key players because they are resilient and even though I don't like them I admire them for working so hard.

Guest kuku
Rocket's game strategy:

1) Dribble around outside the paint, passing the ball a lot *insert probable turnover here*

2) Options

A: Give the ball to Scola to brick a jumper from the top of the key.

B: Artest chucks a contested 3

C: Battier misses an open 3

3) Get an offensive rebound

4) Repeat

You got it down to the penny. I stopped watching after it was like 65-35.

Yaoless and McGradyless rockets need to really play crazy or they are out!

Guest CKcrossover

The Rockets died by the 3 pt shots tonight

the Lakers almost didn't have to fight for any rebound

and shots were falling like shootaround for them

the way the Rockets started the game got me all excited too lol

I was thinking Brooks might have to bust out his pimp suit again

Guest nba3d

Rockets shot 29 (3-pointer) and only made 5. You would think after a while they would get the message.

Guest SurpriseSex

The Lakers are too big and too long on the inside, the Rockets' small lineup have no chance in getting points in the paint. They had to shoot it from outside. None of them, aside from Brent Barry, are terrific three-point shooters, just good ones. You can't make them all.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
Man dwight howard is the best player on his team and he only took 10 shots?!

At some point he has to get the ball, if no one's looking for him make them look.

He can't create shots for himself though, and he's only limited to dunks and easy lay-ups. When it comes down to crunch time, it always goes to Turkoglu or Lewis.

On a side note...is it me or has Kobe not been the kobe of last years playoff sans the boston series. I mean he played a more intensely I feel last year especially against the nuggets and Utah.... I just dont see him cutting and getting in the lane, more settling for jumpers. Maybe its just me and it has been a year since the last playoffs but yeah...dont get me wrong hes playing well for the most part, but I though he played better so far last years playoffs...maybe it was the MVP high.
I think it's 'cause he actually has a team to work with now. :rolleyes:

Guest SurpriseSex
He can't create shots for himself though, and he's only limited to dunks and easy lay-ups. When it comes down to crunch time, it always goes to Turkoglu or Lewis.

Turkoglu is no go-to man, either, though. He can't finish around the rim for the life of him. In crunch time, the Magic HAVE to get it to Lewis. He was torching the Celtics throughout the first three quarters, then they just stopped giving him the ball. Stan Van Gundy, you make me laugh.

Archived