NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I want or hope to happen, it is for T-mac to come back next year with a vengeance and show everyone including me that we shouldn't have counted him out. I know that it is highly unlikely, but I am a fan of him, I was when he first joined the team and I will admit that I am now, but it is fading these past two years have been so disappointing because we all know he has mad talent but his injuries have just taken him out. He has to go out with a bang because if he goes out leaving everything like it is now a lot of teams might decide not to pick him up after he leaves Houston and I hope he will be able to build his career again sooner or later.

I kind of hope that too, but thats what i was hoping for this year, and the year before that. He's getting old and its only getting harder to find that explosiveness when he was scoring champion etc. I think hes definitely on the decline. I can see him being a solid member of a team if hes healthy, but never again a cornerstone of any team. Makes me sad too, I loved T-macs game, loved watching it...

On a side note...is it me or has Kobe not been the kobe of last years playoff sans the boston series. I mean he played a more intensely I feel last year especially against the nuggets and Utah.... I just dont see him cutting and getting in the lane, more settling for jumpers. Maybe its just me and it has been a year since the last playoffs but yeah...dont get me wrong hes playing well for the most part, but I though he played better so far last years playoffs...maybe it was the MVP high.

You know what I want or hope to happen, it is for T-mac to come back next year with a vengeance and show everyone including me that we shouldn't have counted him out. I know that it is highly unlikely, but I am a fan of him, I was when he first joined the team and I will admit that I am now, but it is fading these past two years have been so disappointing because we all know he has mad talent but his injuries have just taken him out. He has to go out with a bang because if he goes out leaving everything like it is now a lot of teams might decide not to pick him up after he leaves Houston and I hope he will be able to build his career again sooner or later.

if the rehab does go well, i think he'll be to an almost all star form. even this year before the surgery he showed that he still has some ability with all those injuries he had by being a team player and almost getting a few triple-doubles.

Guest dudnaito

I kind of hope that too, but thats what i was hoping for this year, and the year before that. He's getting old and its only getting harder to find that explosiveness when he was scoring champion etc. I think hes definitely on the decline. I can see him being a solid member of a team if hes healthy, but never again a cornerstone of any team. Makes me sad too, I loved T-macs game, loved watching it...

On a side note...is it me or has Kobe not been the kobe of last years playoff sans the boston series. I mean he played a more intensely I feel last year especially against the nuggets and Utah.... I just dont see him cutting and getting in the lane, more settling for jumpers. Maybe its just me and it has been a year since the last playoffs but yeah...dont get me wrong hes playing well for the most part, but I though he played better so far last years playoffs...maybe it was the MVP high.

He does seem a tad bit slower, but his shots still go in even when Battier plays perfect D against him. The guy's still a monster, although admittedly, i started hating Lakers with Kobe's antics and arrogance.

Just for fun:

ronron.jpg

If you've watched Ron's latest interview, you'll know what that means.

content_artest0903.jpg

BadBoysIII.jpg

I know it's messed up.

21twlf.png

fallofthelakers.jpg

crazypills.jpg

jordanimn.jpg

All in good fun just in case i offend any lakers fans. Seriously though, the effort from your team is pathetic and makes a super-passionate lakers fanbase just look dumb.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Okay, I use the T-Wolves and beat the Mavs and Spurs in NBA 2K9.

Yet I get blown out by the Thunder and Kings.

... T_T

Kevin Ollie for Finals MVP!

^That's like Madden, people using the Falcons and scramble like hell with Vick. Bad team in real life, good team in the game. Whenever I play 2k9, the person always choose Lakers or Cavs. I pick a team like the Kings and use zone defense on them. Most of the time, they don't know what to do, their like "Why do I keep missing with Kobe/Lebron?" WTH??? I end up blowing them out.

"The Lakers played so bad last night, that the Clippers will have to sue them for identiy theft" -Jay Leno

And congrats to the Cavs, it would be epic if the Cavs go 4-4-4-4 for the championship!

----------------------------

Charles Barkley:

"We've never been to space. That's trick photography."

"Carmelo is the best scorer in the league."

"“The only difference between a good shot and a bad shot is if it goes in or not.”

“I think that the team that wins game five will win the series. Unless we lose game five.”

“They run like deer, jump like deer and think like deer.”

"If somebody hits you with an object you should beat the hell out of them. "

etc. etc. etc.

Guest your4everB
The Lakers will come back. one of these upcoming games Kobe will fly like a god and make 15 points in 3 mins.

so yeahh....I'm a Kobe fan and everything, but t-mac's done better than that already

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Granger won Most Improved Player.

Edged out Devin Harris 364-339 in votes. I'm not so sure on this one, but at least it was close.

Guest IMAFKNOW

lakers are trash, they lose to houston... they dont even have a center lol

Full roster lakers < Houston bench

it doesnt even matter anymore if lakers win this series, they dropped 2 games.

houston should sweep lakers next season.

Guest chickpeas
i wonder if Stern is looking forward to the prospect of a Nuggets/Rockets Western Final.....or would he rather have LA?

wonder how the refs will call these final games.....

Sterns wants Kobe vs. LeBron.

Guest YG.family-YO

lakers are trash, they lose to houston... they dont even have a center lol

Full roster lakers < Houston bench

it doesnt even matter anymore if lakers win this series, they dropped 2 games.

houston should sweep lakers next season.

does it really matter if lakers dropped 2 games ? hell i don't care if they drop 3, but i would care if they lost the series.

you've got to remember, last years lakers came into the finals with a 12-3 record if i remember correctly,

whilst the celtics came to the finals with a 12-8 record ... in the end who won the finals ? celtics.

and all this comparing of kobe and tmac, just stop it already. if you're really arguing who the better player is,

then i think we all know it's kobe. you'll just be blind otherwise. yes, 13 points in 35 seconds is a great accomplishment, outstanding actually.

but so is 81, 62 in 3 quarters, 12 3 pointers in one game, 61 at madison square, 4 consecutive 50+ games. there's your friggin' comparison.

ever since the series began, we've gotten a lot of new rockets posters who are just as bad as laker bandwagonners,

comments such as the one quoted is a perfect example of rockets fans who are just as bad.

don't get me wrong, there are also rockets fans posters here in this forum who do post good comments even though it's against lakers,

but i think we'll all agree that saying that a team is 'trash' is a bit of a 'hater' remark, keep your posts productive

oh hell, even our lovely mod has joined the houston bandwagon.

in short, the series isn't over yet, neither team has yet earned the privilege of bragging rights,

i suggest we fans do the same.

Guest 432521

Mr. Stern will probably get what he wants, that is how it always is.

Just gotta say though even if the Lakers make it to the west finals they have a high possibility of losing to the nuggets if they don't pick up their game. Ima just put it out there and say that if the Rockets don't win it all the Cavs will. People can laugh at the first part of my statement, but I will support my team until they are down and out.

xsilentangel: I dislike Dallas with a passion, and it is mainly on Cuban's part. He is such an a-hole, I kinda hoped that Martin would have beaten him up because I know I would if someone actually initiated a conversion with my mom that just basically called me a thug. This is of course on part that I also dislike the cowboys because of their owner, but that is not for this thread.

Guest xsilentangel

There has been a number of committed Rockets fans here, but there is a burst of people cheering for the team because they oppose the Lakers. A bandwagoner is an individual who shamelessly likes a particular when the team becomes "popular." I mean, they aren't bandwagoners, they just want the team facing the Lakers to win.

Mark Cuban ticks me off even more.. I can perfectly imagine Martin beating him up.

Ray Allen CAN NOT get it going in this series. He barely attempts to launch the ball. Whenever he does, he gets some ugly looking shots off, and they don't go down.

*smh* YG.family-YO. You obviously have never seen T-Mac play during his years in Orlando. No one could stop him from scoring. He was doubled team in the perimeter more than anyone I've seen since MJ.

Was McGrady more talented then Kobe? Yes.

Who was better? Very very very close.

Best years or in their prime:

McGrady,3 year stretch, 01-03

28ppg,7.3 rpg,5.1apg, .455 FG%

Kobe, 3 year stretch, 01-03

28ppg,6rpg,5.5apg, .461 FG%

Their stats were very close. Who was better can go either way. To this day, I still believe Tracy McGrady had never peaked. We will never know how much better he could be.

Oh and Kobe scoring 82 points, 50 points consecutive games, etc. was impressive, that only prove he is a ballhog. Tracy was a better playmaker and he made his team mates better. If he wanted to score 50+ points a game, he could've done it easily. But he wasn't selfish with the ball like Kobe. Tmac have games where he scored 30+ points at half time, but he calmed down and got his team mates involved. Would Kobe ever do that? No.

Everyone likes to over emphasizing scoring. Kobe and Tmac both can score with ease and be unstoppable. But post game and passing is a big part of the game, and the part where McGrady is better than Kobe. McGrady had the better post up game. McGrady had the height advantage and another aspect of being a post up player is passing. And McGrady was a better passer, but a more willing passer as well. McGrady decision making in the post was better than Kobe's. He just saw the defenders quicker and reacted quicker as well, again part of what makes a good post up player. McGrady had the same fadeaway that Kobe has, he could turn to either shoulder, as well. You combine that with McGrady athletic ability and size, and you have a better post up player and better overall player in general.

There should be no reason for the magic to be losing and struggling in their series...They ruined my bracket...

Archived