NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest kimbomynizzo

MAN WHAT A GAME! Game 2 Rockets vs Lakers was EXPLOSIVE, literally. Flagrant by Fisher, which was amazing because we all saw how the Fish locked on his target and RAMMED Scola.

How about that Layup by Kobe in the end off the glass and over 3 Rockets?!?! john teshing amazing. Kobe is still ahead of Lebron!!!!!

Time for someone to get Close-lined in Game 3, Artest is a hot-head!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SurpriseSex
So? The Magic swept season series against the Lakers. By your logic Magic > Lakers.

But the Magic have a worse record.

Are you trying to say that there is no difference between the Lakers, Raptors, Clippers and Warriors?

But the Magic have a worse record.

Are you trying to say that there is no difference between the Lakers, Raptors, Clippers and Warriors?

I was making a point. You said the Lakers swept the Cavs and Celtics, so the Lakers must be better. I said the Magics swept the Lakers to prove you wrong that wins don't matter in the regular season when your in the playoffs. Magic sweptt the Lakers, does that mean the Magic is better than the Lakers? No. The Warriors beat Cavs in the regular season, does that mean the Warriors are better? No. Winning in the regular season dose not make you better than another team.

The Raptors, Warriors, and Kings season record was not bad because of the Lakers. You said they have a bad record because they play the Lakers so many times? I think the Warriors and Kings played the Lakers 4 games only, the Raptors 2 games? So....4 games out of 80~ games throughout the whole season. The Lakers were not the reason they had a bad year. Injuries were the major reasons why these teams were as bad a they were.

Guest SurpriseSex

I'm saying that the Lakers generally beat everybody, not just the bad teams.

A loss of four games in a season can mean the difference between the playoffs and the lottery, just ask the Phoenix Suns.

Who thought the Warriors, Kings, and Clippers had a chance this year anyway?

And holy mini cooper Artest was telling the truth about the table leg through the heart. Now I feel bad for cracking up when he said that.

Monday, April 15, 1991

A 19-year-old basketball player from Queens was fatally stabbed with a broken-off table leg today after a fight broke out during a basketball tournament, the police said.

The player, Lloyd Newton, was stabbed in the back with a leg from the scorer's table at the championship game of a Y.M.C.A.-sponsored tournament at the Niagara Falls Boys and Girls Club, the police in Niagara Falls said.

"An argument ensued about the score," Capt. Louis Curcione said, adding that one of the teams "thought they were getting gypped."

"A fight broke out between the players and about 40 fans in the stands," he said. "In the course of the fight, one person was stabbed in the back."

Mr. Newton was taken to the Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Brian C. Young, 16, of Niagara Falls, has been charged with second-degree murder. He was being held at the Niagara Falls jail pending his arraignment in city court today.

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/04/15/nyregion...tball-game.html

Guest YSK

Man this season Ron's been able to keep his cool real well, I didnt think he'd get so worked up about a bad call, hes been screwed worse than that this season...i guess its the playoffs...

Guest gotseoul?

you laker haters are right, they were dirty plays. so what?

every great team plays agressive, at times dirty, basketball. i'll go even further and say that it is one of the key differences between a good and great team. like it or not, it's part of the game.

instead of whining about the cheap plays, just sit back and enjoy two great teams playing good, agressive ball.

Guest YSK

people should be happy scola got decked like that. Fisher was just helping him out saying "hey man stop playing like a pinkberry and go into rage mode". Game 3 scola will be out for vengeance in terms of points, not cheapshots though.

Guest PB&Banana

Can someone show me the cap for the alston slap on house

I'm sorry it was a stupid play, unnecessary action but so funny

Guest derrek

Fish and Alston suspended 1 game, Kobe given a technical foul. Yipee.

I wonder if Phil will start Jordan / Brown / Odom and Bynum...

Guest PB&Banana

^

I wanna see something for Bynum, playing good after he came back then disappears in the playoffs I hope he pulls it together

The only players I know Phil should not start together is sasha, brown, and farmar together. H put him in the 2nd quarter and our lead went down fast. The bench has been such a disappointment this year.

Guest SurpriseSex

Still think Kobe did it on purpose?

Ron Artest(notes) thinks Kobe Bryant(notes) should have been tossed from Wednesday night's Game 2. Why? Because Bryant elbowed him in the throat as he was boxing out Artest for a rebound in the fourth quarter, and Artest felt it was intentional. If it was, that would probably mean Bryant has eyes in the back of his head, or, at least, has extraordinarily precise elbow-aim. Artest's throat is about five inches by two inches. To be able place one's elbow in that small a space while looking in the other direction and getting pushed in the back … well, that's talent.

Guest xsilentangel
It's ok, if the Lakers lose game three, they'll use the Fisher suspension as the excuse.

Ditto.

Can someone show me the cap for the alston slap on house

I'm sorry it was a stupid play, unnecessary action but so funny

Posted it last night but there was a rush of posts.

eddie-house-slapped-by-alston.gif

Guest CKcrossover
Man this season Ron's been able to keep his cool real well, I didnt think he'd get so worked up about a bad call, hes been screwed worse than that this season...i guess its the playoffs...

I was quite surprise too when he went crazy like that

but people are saying that he was trying to draw attention to it

after the elbow on Battier in game 1 was ignored

Still think Kobe did it on purpose?

Does it even matter anymore?

this thing is done and over with

the NBA had spoken

flagrant one foul on Kobe

It's funny the way House's headband ricocheted after the slap

Guest YG.family-YO

These are the playoffs, and game 2 was just what used to be a typical playoffs game. Its normal for the playoffs to get physical, that doesnt mean nothing. Now you better start losing your respect for dwight also, and for every player who has been involved on a hard foul (that kinda includes ron, kobe has yet to punch a fan).

The real problem was ejecting ron, i don't think it was neccesary.

Yeah I still respect Kobe as a player...i still think he is one of the best players in the league if not the best....He and and Lebron are top notch...but my vote went for Kobe when asked...he just has that killer instinct and if he wants to be unstoppable and will be unstoppable when he has it going......like everyone says...elbows happen man dirty stuff happens...some are caught some are not.

I think most people just dont respect Kobe as a person...but that is besides the point of basketball....

It's playoffs atmosphere and it kinda of crazy to say you've lost respect for kobe for that, honestly i think people who do say things like this never had any respect for him in the first place. i think its a big deal cuz its KOBE BRYANT that did it. if someone else did it, no one would make such a big deal!!

You've got to admit, this topic of the elbow being flung has been focused on too much, more than it deserves. Want proof ? NBA doesn't suspend Kobe, so all Houston fans can cry now as you claim we Lakers fans to do all the time. More proof that this is being blown up is that it's because it was Kobe doing, the most loved and hated player in the nba. This elbow issue has literally taken more pages on this soompi thread than the Dwight and Rondo incident combined.

i think its a big deal cuz its KOBE BRYANT that did it. if someone else did it, no one would make such a big deal!!

I disagree.

If Ron Artest threw Kobe an elbow, he would of been suspended in a split second.

He was even ejected last night because of his history.

For those of you who’re debating whether it was Ron Artest’s neck or chest,

Here’s a better angle of the incident.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/video?id=4149491

Guest YG.family-YO

^^^

my point being, that since it is kobe bryant, this much attention is being placed on him.

i'll reiterate, even the incidences of dwight and rondo combined aren't enough to match

the discussion we've had on this issue.

i mean i didnt see anyone go as far as saying, i've lost respect for dwight,

or i wish the magic/celtics will get blown out from now on.

again, it's because it's kobe bryant that this issue has escalated into what it is.

Guest YSK

East is a joke, Cavs are eating Atlanta alive, only team to maybe hinder the cavs are the magic, and they're struggling to beat a KG-less boston with a healthy howard...I'd though atlanta could at least push the cavs to six but I guess not, granted it is still kind of early and atlanta has 2 guys out but even from game 1 it was abysmal.

*edit* West is where its at ;)

Archived