NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest MiiCKYO0CHUNx3

To me it looks like Artest's arm is pushing against Kobe's kneck/face area. o_O I don't recall any other kind of boxing out that is like that.

Nightfire: Nope, not after he brushed his elbow against Kobe's neck after he was elbowed.

Yes PB&Banana! We shall all agree to disagree! :D

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DOVAHKIIN

^ Okay, you just don't know what proper positioning is when trying to box out then.

It's not the act of boxing out. It's the process of TRYING to box out.

I never said Kobe should be suspended for that elbow flail, but it's still a common loose ball foul in my books.

On a different note, I can't tell the difference between Vujacic and Scola other than their uniforms...

Guest SurpriseSex
On a different note, I can't tell the difference between Vujacic and Scola other than their uniforms...

This is very true. They're practically twins.

Guest supa'Wanki

Kobe Bryant and Ron Artest trash talk

Did anyone watch this youtube video? it's hilarious.

Guest nightfire
Battier is a nice guy, but he plays pretty physical, too. Many people play dirty against Kobe, in fact, many people play their dirtiest against Kobe because he's Kobe Bryant. You don't see too much whining about it because Kobe still finds ways to score and excel.

I agree with you, that comes from being the superstar that he is...still doesn't take away from his play either.

Guest MiiCKYO0CHUNx3
Well, there is more proof in Kobe talking trash than Artest. He even talked trash to Doug Collins. Artest might have talked trash, but there is no proof to point that he did. But Kobe's trash talking was blatant and obvious.

Hahaha. Evidence = supa'Wanki 's video! Just kidding.

Guest PB&Banana

^Sasha is skinnier and annoying Scola is bigger and consistent every night

Meh whatever to many different opinions and people will see it in different ways, I'm just glad lakers won. However kobe and pao can't score half the points to achieve a win other people need to step up, Sasha I am looking at you epsecially, make your threes dude! Trevor Ariza stop being so hesitant and shoot the freaking ball. Lamar Odom make your free throws. Bynum do something, don't disappear on us.

At least J-farm looked like had life in him and he did considerably well. Now we get to see jordan/shannon against brooks/laury(sorry did I spell his name right)

Guest mofo

alston should get suspended.

fisher should get suspended..well not really...he was just being his dirty self. getting ejected was good enough..

ron needs to chill the hell out lol..ya it was a foul with kobe's infamous elbows but running over to kobe after was just stupid...unfortunately ron artest will never learn. i can see him doing something stupid like that before the series is over.

kobe is a pinkberry tho..when ron confronted him he backed off..but after ron artest got ejected kobe started mouthing off being all conceited...

too bad t-mac isn't playing..he'd make the series closer.

the rockets faded so bad in the last 16 minutes of the game..too many turnovers..they need someone to calm them down and play smart down the stretch..wth did von wafer do?

Guest xsilentangel
If Rajon Rondo didn't get suspended for throwing Kirk Hinrich into the scores table..then ion think Kobe will be suspended

Heinrich was boxing Rondo into the sidelines, which is a foul so Rondo simply took his momentum and hurled Hinrich.

Hinrich initiates the contact by trying to box Rondo into the stands, gets his arm held by the grip of Rondo and then propelled into the sidelines, thus Rondo gets a flagrant-1, and then Kirk goes after Rondo by shoving him and gets a technical for his action.

The referees correctly called it a Flagrant-1.

If anything, I thought most people would think Rondo should be suspended for the grab on Miller.. He had contact with his head.. not a grab on the body.

This play is extremely different from the elbow from Howard which led to his suspension and this jab from Kobe (which I cannot get a good view of)..

Alston said Eddie elbowed him in the stomach but I can't get a clear view of that either.

Guest SurpriseSex
alston should get suspended.

fisher should get suspended..well not really...he was just being his dirty self. getting ejected was good enough..

ron needs to chill the hell out lol..ya it was a foul with kobe's infamous elbows but running over to kobe after was just stupid...unfortunately ron artest will never learn. i can see him doing something stupid like that before the series is over.

kobe is a pinkberry tho..when ron confronted him he backed off..but after ron artest got ejected kobe started mouthing off being all conceited...

too bad t-mac isn't playing..he'd make the series closer.

the rockets faded so bad in the last 16 minutes of the game..too many turnovers..they need someone to calm them down and play smart down the stretch..wth did von wafer do?

So you think Kobe started talking only after Artest left? Kobe is not scared of Ron Artest. Time and time again those two have gone head to head, and time and time again Kobe has come out on top. Conceited? Of course. If you were Kobe Bryant, and you made every single shot you put up, and you were the best player on the planet, wouldn't you have a little swagger in your step?

Guest kuku

Regardless of how the game went, SurpriseSex is the total definition of a homer right here.

When Artest was elbowed and got the technical, I was surprised Kobe got away with it, but he was called right after for that little taunt to Battier. I thought that was pretty funny.

throat.jpg

Artest got elbowed on the chest, not the throat -.-

Fisher will be suspended for sure but it's okay, it was freaking hilarious to watch the little man knock Scola off his feet. Makes for good entertainment and high TV ratings :D

Kobe's elbow replays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irtnkEmubqY

Longer version with a zoom in of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5cpaalGvo

Looking at the replay, its right in the neck. It's either the throat or the collarbone area.

Anyway Artest:

I remember when I used to play back home in the neighborhood, it was always games like that. You know, I remember one time it was... one of my friends, you know, he was playin basketball, and they was winnin the game, and it was so competitive, they broke a piece of lead from a table, and they threw it and it went right through his heart and he died... right on the court.

For some reason, I laughed when he said that :D.

Guest mooxmoo

im not trying to justify kobes elbow to artests throat because that was a really bad play on kobes part but i dont agree with the people who say that ron artest was boxing out. my coach always said to box out with your body and your butt and push them out by getting in front of them. you can put an elbow to the other persons body and shoulder to get position for the rebound but not to the neck area.

^yeah but Kobe already had the front position, so Artest doing what he did to gain position is "fair" in the fact that if he used his body to push off, that would have been an obvious foul against him.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/iljimae/throat.jpg

Artest got elbowed on the chest, not the throat -.-

Fisher will be suspended for sure but it's okay, it was freaking hilarious to watch the little man knock Scola off his feet. Makes for good entertainment and high TV ratings :D

that cap is off by a few frames, you can legitimately see the elbow to the throat.

anyways. great series so far, hope it goes 7 and let Denver wait it out.

if Deke was still around, you'd see some real elbows being thrown. those same elbows that were used to give t-mac a concussion.

im not trying to justify kobes elbow to artests throat because that was a really bad play on kobes part but i dont agree with the people who say that ron artest was boxing out. my coach always said to box out with your body and your butt and push them out by getting in front of them. you can put an elbow to the other persons body and shoulder to get position for the rebound but not to the neck area.

Ron was being physical, but swinging your elbows is never okay, you can get away with it if the refs are not watching. Ron is taller and 40 pounds heavier than Kobe. Not to mention probably A LOT stronger than Kobe, so Artest had a advantage over Kobe. Every player have different strategies when it comes to rebounding. Some players pinch opponents on the ribs when they are fighting for a rebound. But that wouldn't work in the NBA though, probably works in high school.

It wouldn't be as big of a issue for Kobe if this was his first time swinging his elbows at someone. I thought Kobe got over this elbow phase a couple of years ago after he elbowed Mike Miller as he drove towards the basket. But after tonight, I thought to myself the elbow swinging Kobe is back? He lacks integrity though without a doubt. People mistake toughness with cheap/dirty play, if Kobe is going to revert back to using elbows on everyone, then he needs to try out for an NFL team.

Guest mofo
So you think Kobe started talking only after Artest left? Kobe is not scared of Ron Artest. Time and time again those two have gone head to head, and time and time again Kobe has come out on top. Conceited? Of course. If you were Kobe Bryant, and you made every single shot you put up, and you were the best player on the planet, wouldn't you have a little swagger in your step?

hero worshipping 101. we can all learn something from you.

Archived