NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest DOVAHKIIN
I so agree Bavetta is the best official ever. During one of the games with portland Crawford was calling fouls from the opposite side of the dam court and calls when he was not even in the right position to see the play, and he never seems to want to give advice, listen or at least fake listen to players when they legitimately want to say something to see what they did wrong. Wasn't he the official who was criticized or fined by the NBA and the whole Official union or whatever they are banded together and said he did nothing wrong and no one should be talking bad about any officials or was it someone else?

Something like that, but it was a different ref, Steve Javie. Crawford also challenged Tim Duncan to a fight, thus solidifying my hate for him :P

I don't mind Kobe. Future Hall of Famer, retired number, record books, etc. If I were to make my own list of the (next) Top 50 Players in NBA history, he'd definitely be one of the first names to come to mind.

That being said, he is still subject to criticism like every player out there. I mind his fans who consider him to be absolutely flawless.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pierce, LeBron, Iverson, Wade, etc. I just don't like the immense bandwagoning they get. LeBron, yes, fine. He deserves it with all the success he's had this season. I remember when everyone loved Iverson off in his glory days in Philly. Every street baller would compare himself to AI, and I would shake my head.

I don't like like little 12 year old boys who hopped on the Celtics bandwagon after the past two season. Like, I know for sure these kids didn't follow up on the team in that 06-07 season. They've never even heard of Kevin McHale or Robert Parish!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xsilentangel
psht,

Celtic apologist.

If Ray Allen was caught on tape killing kittens and robbing banks you'd find some excuse for him.

Go watch the clips although it is difficult to find.

That could have been 5 extra points if Hinrich was able to convert.

Gordon's shot was the one that was ruled a 2 pointer and later changed since he was clearly behind the line..

Gordon clearly double dribbled before the ball was launched and Hinrich just fell while Pierce ran to the basket

Tried to google it and found this. (Outdated)

For some reason Ben Gordon has almost twice as many double dribble violations as any other player in the league. Making a mockery of the also rans!
http://www.82games.com/random29.htm

Anyways, all my friends think Orlando will take the series. No idea what the outcome will be. Nobody can watch Howard who is crucial to the series.

Guest SurpriseSex

When a fan says "no idea what will happen" or "anything can happen", it means said fan has already resigned to the fact that her team is probably going to lose.

Guest xsilentangel

Well the team is utterly exhausted so they aren't playing their best. They played 10+ more minutes than they did in the regular season, plus after about 30 hours they have to go at it again. Damn that triple overtime game.

Rondo had a slow start, along with the rest of the team which screwed them over but kudos to them for catching up and making it a good ballgame again.

Ray Allen.. yet again inefficient in Game 1 but I hope he swings around like he did in Round 1.

If Rondo and Ray get it going then the Celtics will do well.

Rondo is just horrible lately; bad drives to the basket, careless ball handling, way-off-the-mark free throws, below average assists, kid needs some rest.

rockets: failure to launch

"houston, you have a problem."

a great motivational video posted on thelakersnation.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxEokjB6rzw...player_embedded

I mind his fans who consider him to be absolutely flawless.

that's what makes fans so great. nothing deters them from believing in their favorite player.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
When a fan says "no idea what will happen" or "anything can happen", it means said fan has already resigned to the fact that her team is probably going to lose.

Or they're just not cocky, given the circumstances their key players are injured. That way, they may not have to eat their own words later on like others did last season. I recall a bunch of people calling for the Lakers to win the Finals even without Bynum and... oh look what happened :)

Look at the match-ups. 2 fat guys in Perkins and Davis against Lewis and Howard who are both athletic? We know Ray Allen has garbage shooting nights and then he has nights where you just have to go "Wow." I'd say the Celtics didn't do too bad, given they cut a 28 point lead to a 5 point loss. Doc is on crack, fatigue is a factor. Celtics had no practice on Sunday to get more rest, so only had the shootaround to warm them up.

Meanwhile Howard just chilled while he was suspended and waiting for the Bulls-Celtics series to be over.

that's what makes fans so great. nothing deters them from believing in their favorite player.

No, it's denying objective proof.

It's like having a fan believing Chamberlain to be flawless when he couldn't hit a free throw to save his life.

Or they're just not cocky, given the circumstances their key players are injured. That way, they may not have to eat their own words later on like others did last season. I recall a bunch of people calling for the Lakers to win the Finals even without Bynum and... oh look what happened :)

Look at the match-ups. 2 fat guys in Perkins and Davis against Lewis and Howard who are both athletic? We know Ray Allen has garbage shooting nights and then he has nights where you just have to go "Wow." I'd say the Celtics didn't do too bad, given they cut a 28 point lead to a 5 point loss. Doc is on crack, fatigue is a factor. Celtics had no practice on Sunday to get more rest, so only had the shootaround to warm them up.

Meanwhile Howard just chilled while he was suspended and waiting for the Bulls-Celtics series to be over.

No, it's denying objective proof.

It's like having a fan believing Chamberlain to be flawless when he couldn't hit a free throw to save his life.

kobe bryant is flawless.

that's why he's kobe.

Damn, poor shooting by the lakers. Still, Lakers will take it in 6...

Poor shooting by the Lakers or great defense by the Rockets? :rolleyes:

Now the Lakers will actually play a series with a team that plays good defense. The Jazz did not play good defense. Fisher cannot guard Aaron Brooks, he is too fast for him.

Guest nba3d

How about them Rockets?

Great defense and getting the ball to Yao. I'm waiting for the Lakers to bounce back.

01eeefde25d38bbcec31d5b79fcf8e88-ge.jpg

Welcome to the 2nd round.

Guest 432521

Damn, poor shooting by the lakers. Still, Lakers will take it in 6...

I won't say who will win or lose the series, but you must be crazy to think that the only reason why the Lakers lost was because of there poor shooting. The Rockets great defense got them the win and you have to give credit where its due, and like someone else said this time the Lakers are playing a team that actually plays defense.

Man in the forth quater where Yao was on the ground I thought I was gonna die, it was awesome how he like insisted on going back when the trainers took him back to the locker room. Also Battier, dam 4 stitches that is crazy, if that was me I would have been on the ground crying like a baby.

Guest SurpriseSex

....uh....am I the only one who thought the Rockets defense was just average tonight? The Lakers were getting many wide open shots, and they just kept rimming out. That, coupled by poor free throw shooting, which has nothing to do with the opposing team's defense, did them in. Seriously, how many open three pointers did the Lakers clank? I don't think the Houston defense played too much of a role in that.

Guest YSK
I won't say who will win or lose the series, but you must be crazy to think that the only reason why the Lakers lost was because of there poor shooting. The Rockets great defense got them the win and you have to give credit where its due, and like someone else said this time the Lakers are playing a team that actually plays defense.

Man in the forth quater where Yao was on the ground I thought I was gonna die, it was awesome how he like insisted on going back when the trainers took him back to the locker room. Also Battier, dam 4 stitches that is crazy, if that was me I would have been on the ground crying like a baby.

I didnt mean to knock on houstons defence or anything, i was just highlighting their poor shooting. I would say it was good defense, not great.

Guest melo.breeze

surprising loss for my lakers.

i won't make any excuses, i'll admit we played badly.

mainly due to the great defense houston contested us with,

they also played kobe fairly well, clogging up his lane to drive,

but that also led to the mishap with yao, but things like that happen.

i'll also admit we shot poorly tonight, we had a few wide open shots at three's

but they just didn't go in.

but i've got to say ... aaron brooks totally killed us.

our guards, barely if not were able to just keep up with him.

and still after all this, i firmly believe it'll be lakers in 5.

Guest derrek

Kobe was sick. Next game he will swallow Houston whole. The Black Mamba has murder on his mind. All Hail KOBE!

Guest melo.breeze

^^^

agreed ... kobe will go on a scoring tear in one of the upcoming games.

but for lakers to win the series, we need bynum to step up, which he hasn't been doing

throughout the playoffs as of late.

something needs to be done about brooks as well ...

but with all that said, prepare for the mamba to strike.

Archived