NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest melo.breeze

I believe media members will look back the season in its totality, not game by game. Yeah late season games factor into MVP voting more, but I don't think one game will "ruin" Kobe's chances.

Last night was just a poorly excuted game by the Lakers.

hmmmm, basically where i'm coming from is, reading r2mvp articles it's been clearly noted that,

unless lakers get the best record in the league, not just their division, then kobe will most likely get mvp over lebron ...

but now they're a game down, i know it's just a game, but the way cavs and lebron are playing,

i don't see the cavs losing too many games in the rest of the season, i mean really they've only lost one game at home.

and also, even if in the end lakers do manage to get best record, kobe will probably only get mvp

if the lakers have won three to four more games than the cavs, which i don't see happening seeing lakers

are playing lousy ball as the season ends, and they're likely to lose a game in this 7 game road trip.

so yeah, from this point on, i guess my vote, well not really vote but prediction is lebron will get mvp.

but for my love for the lakers franchise and kobe, i really do hope i'm proven wrong.

Guest xsilentangel

KG IS BACK.

Great win for the Celtics too.

LOL @ KG lifting up Armond Hill (Assistant Coach).. Crapppp it feels damn good to know he's back.

Big Baby made a great shot to get the lead with like a minute left. Great assist for Pierce too.

Antonio McDyess is drinking from the fountain of youth!

What a resurgence. Also helps that Sheed is out and he is in a contract year.

Guest CKcrossover
thank you San Antonio for giving us Louis Scola. beast mode today. 19pts and 17rbs. and now the Rockets are 2nd in the West with about 10 games left. hope they can hold off the Spurs and NO though.

I hope they can maintain that #2 seed

but with 6 of their final 10 games being away

it doesn't seem they will be able to

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Don't count on it, the Rockets have played 3 more games than the Spurs as well.

Still nice to see them in the Top 4 without TMac and having Brooks leading the point.

Guest chickpeas

hmmmm, basically where i'm coming from is, reading r2mvp articles it's been clearly noted that,

unless lakers get the best record in the league, not just their division, then kobe will most likely get mvp over lebron ...

but now they're a game down, i know it's just a game, but the way cavs and lebron are playing,

i don't see the cavs losing too many games in the rest of the season, i mean really they've only lost one game at home.

and also, even if in the end lakers do manage to get best record, kobe will probably only get mvp

if the lakers have won three to four more games than the cavs, which i don't see happening seeing lakers

are playing lousy ball as the season ends, and they're likely to lose a game in this 7 game road trip.

so yeah, from this point on, i guess my vote, well not really vote but prediction is lebron will get mvp.

but for my love for the lakers franchise and kobe, i really do hope i'm proven wrong.

Yup, LeBron's likely to nab the MVP this year. I'd be happier to see Lakers take the title.

Guest xsilentangel

Sigh I'm really upset with the Celtics.

They didn't take advantage of the time KG was in, sloppy ball-handling (way too many turnovers), had many chances to take the lead, and started off slow..

There have been too many games like this.. where the Celtics start slow and finish a tiny bit short of a win.

UGH!

KG sitting on the bench.. CMON Doc just let him in for the final minutes atleast..

Perk and Big Baby were not effective whatsoever tonight :(

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Well it is Dwight Howard... Perkins and Davis don't have the athleticism to match up.

I think Doc is playing KG TOO conservatively. You'd think he wants to try and catch the 1st seed still to get a better playoff matchup vs. Charlotte/Bulls/whomever rather than Pistons of Sixers.

Guest epark1281

thank you San Antonio for giving us Louis Scola. beast mode today. 19pts and 17rbs. and now the Rockets are 2nd in the West with about 10 games left. hope they can hold off the Spurs and NO though.

SA didn't "give" the Rockets anything. Louis Scola just whined pinkberryed and moaned his way back to Spain. The Spurs could have held him, but didn't want a player that didn't want to play for them.

The Spurs had hoped to sign Scola but his buyout was too large, so they instead opted to bring over Fabricio Oberto. San Antonio didn't benefit from the trade other than reducing their payroll and open up a roster spot.

"It kills me to have him on that team,” Popovich said. “Enough to make you spit.”

Edit: J.J. Barea on Spurs and Rockets: 'I know they don't want to play us' :lol:

Guest Summer Breeze

I heard that there are rumors saying that the cavs wants to get Ariza in the summer. Can anyone confirm if this is true or false?

Guest melo.breeze

lakers finally managed to snap the losing streak

they have against pistons. thank god !

but yes, i am aware pistons played without ric hamilton and rasheed.

Guest chickpeas

I heard that there are rumors saying that the cavs wants to get Ariza in the summer. Can anyone confirm if this is true or false?

I haven't heard anything. The only player I heard Cavs is getting Bosh in 2010.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

I haven't heard anything. The only player I heard Cavs is getting Bosh in 2010.

Now that's a fished up rumor. Leave 2010 to 2010.

There's no proof Ariza will go to the Cavs, but he is a free agent this summer. I don't see how the Cavs would have room in the rotation for Ariza at the 3. He still has raw potential, but probably won't get more than the Mid-Level Exception if the Lakers elect not to re-sign him.

Guest Unanimous

i feel like ariza is similar to the Suns' Leandro Barbosa. One of those players you know is good and has so much potential but they fit better being a role player. I would cry if Ariza doesnt get resigned. Lakers all the way!

Only a hand full of games left, cant wait!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

He's more athletic than Prince, but needs to work on his perimeter shooting some more.

I was at the Raptors game against the Thunder yesterday with really good seats. Durant looks like a giant even though he wasn't the tallest on the court. Must be his skinniness that makes him look even taller.

Archived