[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Guest miaka0210

ok it's officially march 24 (where I live, hehehe) and I would just like to say

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY SHINHWA!!!!!!!!!!

even though i've only been a fan since last year it feels as though it's been longer

and I have to say I am sooooo PROUD TO BE THEIR FAN. And I'll definitely be one forever!

the new single just totally captures my heart. they are just AMAZING.

Can't help but cry right now. the lyrics, the melody and their voices are just so beautiful.

this is totally an emotional ride for me. I was so thrilled to know that the new song was up

but now it's sinking in that they'll soon be leaving temporarily..... its just so sad.

but that doesn't matter right! let's all be happy today coz it's their day! let's all celebrate!!!!

SHINHWA FOREVER!!!

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest incarnadine

[08.03.24][trans] 10th anniversary thoughts: Why Shinhwa is a legend

200803240238lg0.jpg

Wearing oversized costumes and sporting long fringes, earnestly performing Hae Gyul Sah. The 23-year-old fans then are have also turned 29 or 30 by now. During this whole time, Shinhwa has functioned as a group, and also individually through members' activities in solo albums and dramas.

Due to release their 9th album next month, Shinhwa has had a long history with Sports Donga, as Sports Donga's first issue was also released on March 24. Since March 24 1998 when Shinhwa first made their debut, 10 years have already passed. On one hand, they have helped pop culture to flourish and left an indelible mark on pop history, and on the other hand they have managed to maintain their popularity and hold on firmly to their position of the national stars of Korea.

Once Shinhwa, Forever Shinhwa

"It's fate to share the same birthday, we hope that you can continue with Shinhwa in the future."

We met up with Shinhwa who were filming their MV at Jebu-do, Hwaseong in Gyeonggi-do, and they greeted us with the statement above when we started our interview.

"Although Sports Donga reports are often simple, but it's very detailed." - Lee Minwoo

"Though we also met with a setback the very first time, we still managed to get through 10 years. It's the same for Sports Donga I think, your first issue must have been difficult but you've pulled through." - Shin Hyesung

"We hope to still perform on stage when we're 50 or 60, all the members do. We hope Sports Donga can grow with Shinhwa." - Junjin

Failure of 1st Album, Disbandment Worries

The path of success didn't run smooth for Shinhwa in the last 10 years. After the failure of their first album, they faced the possibility of disbandment. And Andy's departure during the 4th album left many fans in agony. Disbandment worries once again surfaced due to a change in management agency and contract renewal issues.

Kim Dongwan recently disclosed on a program that, "Eric rejected very high solo contract offers to ensure that the group stayed intact."

To this Eric replied, "My choice wasn't a sacrifice, it was the best decision I've made in my life."

FREQUENT FIGHTS

Most idol groups don't last long. Then what is the secret behind their longevity as a group? Shinhwa responded with "loyalty and brotherly love".

Shin Hyesung said, "Now we share an understanding like that of brothers. Although they are times that we fight and argue, but they only serve to strengthen our bonds."

Eric added, "If there isn't trust between the members, it's not possible to be able to stand on the same stage for 10 years."

Famous for being straightforward with reporters, Kim Dongwan said, "The loyalty between the members is very important. We all know that Shinhwa's power is much stronger than our individual strength."

Pre-Enlistment Confession..Reunion 4 Years Later

To Shinhwa, 2008 is a meaningful year not only because it's the year of their 10th anniversary, but it also signifies the beginning of the future. The members who will experience the biggest change in their lives will be Kim Dongwan, Eric and Lee Minwoo, as they will be enlisting into the army this year. Junjin and Andy are also due to enlist in 2009 and 2010 respectively. This means that it will take at least 4 years before the members can reunite as a group.

But Shinhwa members all agree that "there's no such thing as Shinhwa disbanding". Lee Minwoo said, "Our members will grab whatever opportunities that come along that will allow us to regroup. Junjin added that "When the members reunite 3 or 4 years later, it should feel like meeting our first loves." From what they say, we should be expecting a 10th album to come from Shinhwa.

Resolving Conflicts

Shinhwa's advice to the younger groups - "To be able to stay together for as long as we have, you have to be able to resolve diasgreements between members as quickly as possible." Shin Hyesung said, "Most of the time when groups disband it's due to conflicts between members. After all everyone grew up in a different environment, and everyone has different values. We fight too, but we will resolve our disagreements immediately."

Kim Dongwan emphasized the importance of group unity, "You need to think as though you'll be living together for life. Once you notice that you have different points of view, you won't be able to breathe and grow together."

Chi trans: 染@bestshinhwa

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

**PLEASE CREDIT PROPERLY WHEN TAKING OUT**

Guest nurkeyandie

ok, it's now the 24th here in the u.s. i've already posted my happy 10th anniversary message, but i just wanna say this:

i've been listening to dashi hanbonman since 9 p.m. last night (haha, it's already 1:12 a.m. and i'm still up). i'm writing the translated lyrics on my diary while listening to the song and i just had to stop coz my eyes just won't stop tearing up...

i swear these lyrics are ripping my heart apart...:tears: who writes lyrics like these? who sings songs like this? no one else but shinhwa!!!

edit: omg!!! i own a page and i have nothing to share!!! :o what to do!?! hmm...can i just point out my new avatar? i've never had an avatar before and i finally took a pic of my orange crab (erm, *waves at sungie devotees*) stuffed toy that my friend got for me in san fran...omg i really have nothing to share, so, so sorry! maybe i should delete this post so someone else can own this page!?! heeellllppp!!!

edit 2: "To this Eric replied, "My choice wasn't a sacrifice, it was the best decision I've made in my life."" can i also just say that eric has never been my favorite, maybe because i can't understand his E.T.-ness, but this was really touching. thanks for that, incarnadine.

Guest samtly

i wonder wat they are doing right now. let them celebrate this day together. (sorry dont know how to put word into orange colour.) pls stay health and safe, fighting

Guest incarnadine

[08.03.24][GOOD] Congratulations to Shinhwa on their 10th anniversary!!

Hi everyone!

This is GoodEMG.

To us, today will be another precious part of our memories

Today's the day of Shinhwa's 10th anniversary since their debut

1998, March 24, Shinhwa was born to become a legend......

2008, March 24, until today when they have become a legend......

In the sparkling 10 years that have passed

They have stayed together, unwavering from the beginning til now

We congratulate the Shinhwa members who have come this far and Shinhwa Changjo who have stayed with them throughout.

Going forward Shinhwa and Shinhwa Changjo will be together for an even longer time!!

This year, the members will continue to be active as singers, actors, MCs and other solo activities, and they will show you the best of them as they present their 9th album

Please continue to love and support them. Once again we congratulate Shinhwa on their 10th anniversary, and thank you to all the fans.

SHINHWA Must Go On!!! >> AMEN to this!!!!!!

Source: GOOD

Chi trans: julias@bestshinhwa

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

Guest hyu_dha

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY SHINHWA^^

juz hear their song n it's really touching... :tears:

can't wait for their album n their MV too...

i just wan to hear that song one more time...

it's inspired me :blush:

Guest ANJEE<3

[08.03.24][trans] 10th anniversary thoughts: Why Shinhwa is a legend

Pre-Enlistment Confession..Reunion 4 Years Later

To Shinhwa, 2008 is a meaningful year not only because it's the year of their 10th anniversary, but it also signifies the beginning of the future. The members who will experience the biggest change in their lives will be Kim Dongwan, Eric and Lee Minwoo, as they will be enlisting into the army this year. Junjin and Andy are also due to enlist in 2009 and 2010 respectively. This means that it will take at least 4 years before the members can reunite as a group.

NOOOOOO NOT 4 YEARSSS!! :tears:

OMGGG ANDY AND JUNJIIN GO NOW SO YOU GUYS CAN ALL BE REUNITED TOGETHER IN 2 YEARSSS INSTEAD!

Guest thenylonkid

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY SHINHWA!

angels1.png

I was going to make a fanvid but I didn't have enough time >< , I hope this ^ isn't a horrible substitute T_T

Thinking back I discovered Shinhwa around this time last year when my life lacked a lot of happiness and joy. But luckily in an odd way Shinhwa and their music (along with kpop an jpop) came into my life, they cheered my up and 'helped' me re-connect with the world. So just for that I'm completely grateful to Shinhwa!

Thanks! I love you! haha~

Guest eunicenyl

Omg i'm feelin all fuzzy inside!!

I'm readin all those articles u guys posted & listenin 2 their new song at the same time...

& tis's a wrong move man...coz they made me tear more :tears:

sumhow the tears jz flow down unknowingly T_T

"Just one more time" is simply beautiful!

their vocals & emotions put into singin tis song jz tell it all...

oh man...i jz cant concentrate on doin anithin else 2day :unsure:

Many tks 2 everyone for the translations & pics!

Love ur graphic, thenylonkid :)

Guest clairdeluned

Has anyone else been listening to Shinhwa songs nonstop today? I've been listening to all their songs, and it just brings back a ton of memories and reminds me how much they've grown and developed over the years.

Guest soratino

Kim Dongwan recently disclosed on a program that, "Eric rejected very high solo contract offers to ensure that the group stayed intact."

To this Eric replied, "My choice wasn't a sacrifice, it was the best decision I've made in my life."

This is so touching~ I love that Eric is so...despite his E.T.ness, it's still like, awwww~ >_< *no words*

and thenylonkid, your graphic totally rocks =] very pretty ^^

It's the 24th here now, so again,

HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY, SHINHWA~

HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY TO SHINHWA!!!

omo! omo! 10 years of hardships and friendship.. i really love these 6 gorgeous MEN!! hahaha!

i just listened to their carrier single.. and my gosh! i got too emotional.. i can't even understand one single word they were singing but really, it touches my heart.. i so, so love SHINHWA!! no group, ever made me feel this way. I'm so glad that SHINHWA has been a part of my life..

SHINHWA CHANGJO!!!

Guest thenylonkid

FOUR YEARS...I prepared myself for two but now...I've been happy about this 10 year anniversary but this is the first time I actually want to cry ><

say it aint sooo

Has anyone else been listening to Shinhwa songs nonstop today? I've been listening to all their songs, and it just brings back a ton of memories and reminds me how much they've grown and developed over the years.

I'm ALWAYS listening to Shinhwa nonstop LOL but yes my Shinhwa collection is on heavy rotation atm ^^;

Love ur graphic, thenylonkid :)

and thenylonkid, your graphic totally rocks =] very pretty ^^

Thanks~

i'm thinking of something...

the song is a sad song that definitely will make u all cry

do u think u will feel the same when u see the mv?

i mean we know what kind of image they have in the mv

and i will definitely laugh when i see the curl on top of minu's head

that is for sure

maybe i will cry too

but for diff reason now

before i will cry because the song is so sweet and i miss shinhwa voice

later when the mv is here i will cry because i know i will miss

their craziness, their smile and their laughter

but the main point...

are u gonna laugh or cry when u watch the mv?

Guest incarnadine

i'm thinking of something...

the song is a sad song that definitely will make u all cry

do u think u will feel the same when u see the mv?

i mean we know what kind of image they have in the mv

and i will definitely laugh when i see the curl on top of minu's head

that is for sure

maybe i will cry too

but for diff reason now

before i will cry because the song is so sweet and i miss shinhwa voice

later when the mv is here i will cry because i know i will miss

their craziness, their smile and their laughter

but the main point...

weird as it may sound... I think I'm going to end up doing both, chubby^green^. That's what Shinhwa has turned me into lately -- a bipolar person. Lol. But seriously... I think I'll laugh and cry at the same time. I guess I won't be able to control my emotions when they come out all at once.

Guest nurkeyandie

weird as it may sound... I think I'm going to end up doing both, chubby^green^. That's what Shinhwa has turned me into lately -- a bipolar person. Lol. But seriously... I think I'll laugh and cry at the same time. I guess I won't be able to control my emotions when they come out all at once.

ME TOO! like i said in my previous post, i guess the boys knew their fans would be even sadder with the sad song so they want us to at least smile when we see the mv... :tears:

*wails* oh, my heart!!! my heart!!! :tears:

Guest kawaii30ph

Been listening to their new song for the past 4 hours... sad song...

it's as if they are really leaving.... gosh...so, their album will be released on the 10th of april...

have to wait.. patience.....

Guest clairdeluned

but the main point...

I think I'm going to be laughing through streaming tears. Crying at the finality of it (well, final for now... but we all know they're coming back), but laughing because... well, we all saw the pictures :lol: Too cute.

Guest picklypickly

HAPPY SHINHWANNIVERSARY!! (US version, haha.)

man, i should be asleep. but i couldn't help myself. 3 quick banners.

angels.jpg

more-1.jpg

angels1-2.jpg

Guest nurkeyandie

okay, i swear i'm gonna go to sleep (at least try to) after this post (aaaccckkk, 2:36 a.m.!) but i just wanted to point out another great part in the song (great for me, at least, coz i love "discovering" all these little not-so-obvious gems in shinhwa's songs): at 1:52, during jinnie's part, there's an ooohh-oohh-ohh in the background and one of the voices harmonizing in that part is clearly dongwan's! like you can distinctly hear wannie! :blush: sorry, i just love all these little details...

goodnight, peeps, and good morning to those whose day just started...aahh, my eyes are gonna be super-puffy later...

edit: and in that "come back to me" in the background during eric's rap, you can clearly hear minwoo!!! yay! teeheehee, sorry i'm super in love with this song...

Archived