[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Guest frOsty_pAnda

it's been a very long time since i have visited this thread. i haven't kept up with Shinhwa's activities solo and as a group. i feel guilty, but i am glad to listen to Shinhwa's music once more. i love every single track on their 9th album. their vocals are amazing, and i can hear passion in their songs. it's a great thing to hear. my favorite song is "Run".

i'm really upset that some members of Shinhwa are going to the military. i really thought that day would never come. lol. Shinhwa was the first band that got hooked me to kpop. T____T

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest incarnadine

Too cute! I really hope they release this MV too.

When Junjin was pretending to be shot, what did he say? It's really hard to hear. And was it Andy who also pretended to be shot? LOL!

I heard or read from somewhere that what Jin actually when he fell down and the members gathered around him in concern was something like "I didn't eat anything today, I'm so tired" :lol: Silly Jinnie ^^

I just found this fancam of the last concert ..

can anyone translate this coz it is really funny .. I want to know what

they were talking about .. what I understand that all the members and specially RicSyung were

teasing Jun Jin about something..

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?cli...%8B%A0%ED%99%94

Hi ricsam! Oooh, I wish I knew what they were saying to Jinnie, too. I'm sure it's something hilarious :D

Guest love!melody

Singers become victims of MBC-SBS entertainment battle

Oh my! i don't understand why SBS and MBC has so much rivalry. and SBS banned Andy from Inkigayo?!?!?! oh no they didn't~! *wiggles finger side to side* i thought shinhwa had a good relationship with shinhwa though ... maybe not ><;; anyways, i hope this gets resolved soon!

kiyundy. OMG! sandy <3 muchos gracias for the gifs! they are absolutely lovely <3 hehehe hope you don't mind me using the minwoo gif. and maybe even the dongwan one ... hehehehe ^^

and OMG! the mv is finally out!!!!!!! *freaks* hehehehe thank you for all the new clips and news and etc. really appreciate it ^^

*ughhhhh* i hate the fact that my computer caught a virus. now i have to use my brother's computer temporarily and i only have like an hour or so on the computer each day now *cries* *sniff sniff* i guess i'll just have to catch up on the weekend :)

Guest kriza_09

What do you all think? Anyone heard anything of promoting of their 9th jib?

so far i've heard nothing about the promotional activities.. but i'm keeping my fingers crossed... i mean, which artist doesn't promote his new album, right? some don't do tv shows, but they all do performances on music show and stuff... besides, they didn't start promotion for 8th jib until 2-3 weeks after the album release.. and if you see the production notes, it seems like they have been practicing a new choreography... so let's keep our hopes up!!!!

Just curious. How different was the "longer" version from the concert versus version that's out now? In one of the preview, Eric said "Why are you guys so late!" but I didn see that in the MV. And also didn't Hyesung said something about "do we have to rescue him?" Were these parts of the MV or was it said as a joke as part of "makings of MV"?

Could someone describe how is it different?

well, if you haven't seen it already, the concert version isn't really an MV.. it doesn't have any songs in it... more like a short movie with a complete story.. it's divided into 4 clips.. the first clip was shown as the intro to the concert... it shows that eric was taken as a hostage and the members were coming, and then it goes to introduce the 6 members, just like introduction of the characters in a movie.. after the clip ends, the concert began, they sang the first song 'throw my fist'.. the second clip shows mostly the gun fight.. this one is the funniest clip... the third clip shows how eric felt towards the members (it was mostly eric's narration) and at the end, he was saved by the members (minwoo).. i guess the third part is the most emotional... i haven't put this up on youtube, was going to sub it, but there's too many words that i can't hear.. i'll try my best and i'll put it up some time this weekend.. and the last clip shows the members walking through the field (after saving eric), enjoying their moment, while singing a bit of once in a lifetime.. after the clip ends, the members appeared on stage and sang once in a lifetime.. so i guess, that was the climax of the concert...

Too cute! I really hope they release this MV too.

When Junjin was pretending to be shot, what did he say? It's really hard to hear. And was it Andy who also pretended to be shot? LOL!

after dongwan and hyesung got panic, he said 'it's a lie'.. but if you're talking about what he said before that, i have no idea either.. lol..

i hope they'll release the long version too... but i guess the concert version is too personal, as in not for commercial use... i don't think they'll release that version to the public, as in being shown on TV and stuff.. but i hope GOOD would release it on their website soon... well, if anything, we just have to wait until the DVD comes out...

Hi Kriza,

I haven't heard :w00t: any mention of the Shinhwa Oath at the concert, did SHCJ actually do the Oath that they said they would along with the co-ordination of the glow sticks? Just dyin' to kno!

no, they didn't do that.. i was waiting for the sign too, but no one shouted anything.. i guess they're going to do that when the first member goes.. besides, there were too many overseas fans at the concert, and not all of them know about the oath... so it might not be a good idea to do the oath at the concert.. and another thing, one thing i got from the concert is that i just realized how deep the bond is between shinhwa and shcj.. i mean, they were practically conversing to each other throughout the concert.. and the fans knew perfectly well what the members were talking about (nothing to do with language barrier, btw).. like when they were talking about the guerilla concert, the fans could feel what shinhwa felt because they saw everything with their own eyes, feeling worried that shinhwa couldn't reach the 10,000 mark and the concert would be canceled... when they were singing first love, the fans could relate to it because they were there, feeling the same happiness that shinhwa felt when andy made his appearance at their 5th fanmeeting... they even memorized the lyric to the song from their 1st album that they never promoted, the song that i thought was from their new album... honestly, there were times where i felt kinda left out during the concert, of course besides the times when i just couldn't understand what jokes shinhwa just made that made everyone laugh... if you know how much the fans have done for shinhwa and what shinhwa has been doing for the fans since debut, you'd feel that we, overseas fans who just buy their albums and satisfy our fangirl needs by sitting in front of our computer, are just outsiders... that's why, as much as i want to be a part of it, i personally think the last moment (the oath or whatever event they're going to do) should be between shinhwa and korean shinhwachangjo only...

I forgot if I read it or not but did Shinhwa sing any of their new songs at the concert?

I want to hear them singing track 10, Untold Story/Unfinshed Story live so bad. It'll be great if they sang this song so it'll be included in DVD.

It won't play for me. It's been buffering forever!

Is this the only place it has this clip? Is it loaded in Youtube?

I just found this fancam of the last concert ..

can anyone translate this coz it is really funny .. I want to know what

they were talking about .. what I understand that all the members and specially RicSyung were

teasing Jun Jin about something..

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?cli...%8B%A0%ED%99%94

Guest jean_kkp

no, they didn't do that.. i was waiting for the sign too, but no one shouted anything.. i guess they're going to do that when the first member goes.. besides, there were too many overseas fans at the concert, and not all of them know about the oath... so it might not be a good idea to do the oath at the concert.. and another thing, one thing i got from the concert is that i just realized how deep the bond is between shinhwa and shcj.. i mean, they were practically conversing to each other throughout the concert.. and the fans knew perfectly well what the members were talking about (nothing to do with language barrier, btw).. like when they were talking about the guerilla concert, the fans could feel what shinhwa felt because they saw everything with their own eyes, feeling worried that shinhwa couldn't reach the 10,000 mark and the concert would be canceled... when they were singing first love, the fans could relate to it because they were there, feeling the same happiness that shinhwa felt when andy made his appearance at their 5th fanmeeting... they even memorized the lyric to the song from their 1st album that they never promoted, the song that i thought was from their new album... honestly, there were times where i felt kinda left out during the concert, of course besides the times when i just couldn't understand what jokes shinhwa just made that made everyone laugh... if you know how much the fans have done for shinhwa and what shinhwa has been doing for the fans since debut, you'd feel that we, overseas fans who just buy their albums and satisfy our fangirl needs by sitting in front of our computer, are just outsiders... that's why, as much as i want to be a part of it, i personally think the last moment (the oath or whatever event they're going to do) should be between shinhwa and korean shinhwachangjo only...

that made a lot of sense. it makes me sad that i didnt get the chance to go through all that with shinhwa. all that tears and anxiety...

even if i did, i only did it in front of the computer, as u said. and i only started following shinhwa activities in these 2 years, what i feel for shinhwa and how much i understand them is incomparable to the korean changjoers if they followed them for 10 years.

im curious about something though... since shinhwa and shcj have a personal relationship, do the changjoers still take shinhwa boys/men as idols? is it still spazzable if they know each other personally? ... hmmm.

oh my goodness im jealous you girls who got shinhwa's hoodies i want onnee!!. but im satisfied that ive got the album. ^^ the biggest gift ever!! but if i could get one more thing from the goods released right now i'd want the hoodie haha. i wonder whats gonna be out for 2nd goods?

so no one has translated about what they were talking (track 9) in their new album? really curious to what they are saying :Pit sounds very funni wannie keeps laughing and i cant stop laughing. people thought i was crazy at the store smiling really wide xD. aish they make me smile too much xD could someone translate it?

jean kkp wow, same here. ive known shinhwa for 2 years but it seems ive known them since forever ^^ even though the bond between us and the korean fans with shinhwa since their debut is far. we can relate in some ways. even though we've known them not that long we still feel the sad and happy things during their concert(s). and we will all wait for them for their comeback <3

Guest miaka0210

As I compare other people translations to mine, I realize how bad I am with translations. I know what they are saying but I just can't come out with words. I think it's old age because my brain is not reacting fast as it used to be.... LOL!

Anyway, until better translations comes out, it goes something like this:

"Now that I think about it....we made each other real (true) "us".

Really, because you guys, I am real.

Take your time because I'm okay."

thanks for the translations! i really appreciate it! :D And don't worry about your translations being bad compared to others.

I actually envy you for knowing the language. I mean seriously if I knew how to translate it and had the equipment to sub videos, i would certainly do it so I can help other people understand them better. So you're really lucky and just think of it this way as long as you're translating(doesn't have to be perfect ok?) and sharing it with other people that's good enough for us. So thanks again!!!

@4:05

minwoo: even if we are to be born again, we're still going to be shinhwa..

yes, a very cool line from minwoo... makes all of us go 'awwww'.. but someone just had to ruin the mood...

dongwan: minwoo said if he is to be born again, he's still going to be shinhwa... shinhwa is good too, but if i am to be born again, i want to be born as Angelina Jolie... after i become Angelina Jolie, i want Shinhwa to debut in Hollywood..

indeed, they are shinhwa... when they're together, it's impossible to say cool words unless it's written down or it's been through a lot of cutting and editing...

that's our shinhwa... lol...

my thoughts exactly! B) it's like the same thing you told us before from the concert, i think if i'm not wrong. remember when you said that at times they'll be all serious and the fans would suddenly feel sad(or want to cry), then out of nowhere they'll make jokes and makes the fans laugh to make them happy again. really weird huh? but I do love it though.

I guess this is just one more reason as to why shinhwa is really different from other artists. While for me, it is just another reason for me to love them more and another reason to envy korean shinhwachangjo fans for they really have a deep connection with shinhwa. oh well.....as long as I know that they will never break-up and that there are still people like us who love shinhwa, I'm happy. :D

To: nurkeyandie and nvr2clich3

- me too!!! I love the song "2 ma luv". The first time I heard it, I also felt it was like old-school shinhwa, which I love. Now that I think about it, that's actually one of the reasons why I fell in love with their music. It was a variety. In their albums they never really focused on one kind of music. My favorite part by the way on the song is when they rap, especially junjin, " l-u-v l-o-v-e".

-Before "just one more time" was like my music all throughout the day. Now I kinda have a sequence. To wake me up I listen to either "run" or 2 ma luv" then when I dirive I kinda mix it up. but when I'm about to sleep its "just one more time" then "the untold story". my sister really thinks I've gone waayyyyy crazy over shinhwa. hehhehe oh well I don't care. I love shinhwa! Can't help it!! :w00t:

Guest greenblobfish

over in the picture section, there's a thread about most liked members from korean boy groups:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=158328

a picture of the most liked person from each group is posted and there's an explanation for why that member is most liked

i love how the description about shinhwa starts out with

"You can't pick a favorite member of Shinhwa.

Neither can Korea. Neither can the president of Korea.

Shinhwa members all have too many fans in their fanclubs that they can't keep track"

Guest rainie_chu

minwoo: even if we are to be born again, we're still going to be shinhwa..

yes, a very cool line from minwoo... makes all of us go 'awwww'.. but someone just had to ruin the mood...

dongwan: minwoo said if he is to be born again, he's still going to be shinhwa... shinhwa is good too, but if i am to be born again, i want to be born as Angelina Jolie... after i become Angelina Jolie, i want Shinhwa to debut in Hollywood..

Oh, Dongwan, how you make my nose bleed so~

9th jib promos

I'm seriously beginning to think that there won't be promos for 9th jib. Did you guys notice that the album promos seem to be focused on fans and just for fans alone? They've shown us great and funny videos, but they haven't really shown anything to Korea. The Run MV seems to pale in comparison to the one they showed during the concert. And it seems that there were no promos about the 10th Anniv concert in Korea. My friends who went told me that they didn't find any posters about the concert. It seemed so exclusive to Shinhwa fans.

I think the 9th album's more of like a gift to the fans. It's like they don't care for album sales, daesang or promos for this one. It's just really meant for the fans. And I appreciate that.

Merchandise

Yes, jangneri is right, the hoodies are huuuuuge. I love them though coz I really wanted mine to be huge. And the print is pretty.

The hairclips are big too. They look small in the pic but they can pretty much hold my fringe into one place.

The perfumes are so small. 5 ml each. Hyesung's smells like clean laundry. No kidding. ._. It's like I just stepped out of the shower. It's fresh but it's not really my type since my kind of perfume is like, Britney by Britney Spears. But it's good, still. I mean I'd wear it, it's Hyesung's. LOL! Minwoo's smells nice, Andy's too. Dongwan's scent is kinda mature. It's like Jessica McClintock type. Eric's is like vanilla type and Junjin's is really sporty, almost manly.

The cellphone accessories, they're cute, just like how they appear on the photo.

Thoughts in general

It's almost impossible not to check Shinhwa news lately. I wanna see them on TV again so badly. It's just impossible not to love these guys. <333

Guest angel2nyt

oh im just informing you guys that the lyrics(in korean of course) for all the songs in the 9th album can now be found in shinhwa 10th

but we still dont have any translations for song no. 9

78588174xd6.png

I think the reason you can't find translations to No. 9 is it is very hard to hear what they are saying. They are laughing too much (especially DW - you can't miss his cute/loud laugh) and some words are impossible to hear.

Believe me, I tried and gave up.

Those of you who had the album already, does the booklet have words what they were saying in Korean?

but we still dont have any translations for song no. 9

About 9th jib promotion. I agree with you. I have feeling they are not going to promote. This album was for fans. Like I mentioned before, articles I have read said, "Now that Shinhwa's concert is over, Andy (for example) will continue concentrate on his solo activities..." Nothing of Andy promoting for 9th jib is mentioned. Eventhough it was mentioned by kriza that in 8th jib, it took 2 weeks before they promoted, we heard or read about their schedule. I've been checking Ocean's Six and De Capo and there is no schedules mentioned for Shinhwa...only for individual activities.

P.S. You bought all those things? WOW! I can't wait for my white tumbler so I can drink my tea/coffee with Shinhwa every morning. Can't wait to see what kind of design they are going to come up with for the new tumblers.....

9th jib promos

I'm seriously beginning to think that there won't be promos for 9th jib. Did you guys notice that the album promos seem to be focused on fans and just for fans alone? They've shown us great and funny videos, but they haven't really shown anything to Korea. The Run MV seems to pale in comparison to the one they showed during the concert. And it seems that there were no promos about the 10th Anniv concert in Korea. My friends who went told me that they didn't find any posters about the concert. It seemed so exclusive to Shinhwa fans.

I think the 9th album's more of like a gift to the fans. It's like they don't care for album sales, daesang or promos for this one. It's just really meant for the fans. And I appreciate that.

Merchandise

Yes, jangneri is right, the hoodies are huuuuuge. I love them though coz I really wanted mine to be huge. And the print is pretty.

The hairclips are big too. They look small in the pic but they can pretty much hold my fringe into one place.

The perfumes are so small. 5 ml each. Hyesung's smells like clean laundry. No kidding. ._. It's like I just stepped out of the shower. It's fresh but it's not really my type since my kind of perfume is like, Britney by Britney Spears. But it's good, still. I mean I'd wear it, it's Hyesung's. LOL! Minwoo's smells nice, Andy's too. Dongwan's scent is kinda mature. It's like Jessica McClintock type. Eric's is like vanilla type and Junjin's is really sporty, almost manly.

The cellphone accessories, they're cute, just like how they appear on the photo.

Thoughts in general

It's almost impossible not to check Shinhwa news lately. I wanna see them on TV again so badly. It's just impossible not to love these guys. <333

oh. wow! a lot of news.. it's been awhile since i've last visited this thread.. haha!

i just finished watching the mv.

and of course i love it.. ahihihi..

they all looked so hot!

and the pics too!!

what about their 9th jib??

are there any promotions?

haha! i'm still waiting for my 9th jib..

Guest miaka0210

over in the picture section, there's a thread about most liked members from korean boy groups:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=158328

a picture of the most liked person from each group is posted and there's an explanation for why that member is most liked

i love how the description about shinhwa starts out with

"You can't pick a favorite member of Shinhwa.

Neither can Korea. Neither can the president of Korea.

Shinhwa members all have too many fans in their fanclubs that they can't keep track"

thanks for sharing! just saw the page.

i like this statement too

"The members have their 'popular' days, when a member will be on top of the stardom. Whoever is up on the top charts or the news for a good review on their acting, shinhwa members don't worry about popularity and who is popular at the moment. They've already got too many fans. "

Not only because they have too much fans already but also because that's how shinhwa is (at least I think they are).

They support each other so well. They don't easily get jealous of another member's popularity. This is yet another reason I think as to why they're still together. They give way to each other.

Guest nurkeyandie

To: nurkeyandie and nvr2clich3

- me too!!! I love the song "2 ma luv". The first time I heard it, I also felt it was like old-school shinhwa, which I love. Now that I think about it, that's actually one of the reasons why I fell in love with their music. It was a variety. In their albums they never really focused on one kind of music. My favorite part by the way on the song is when they rap, especially junjin, " l-u-v l-o-v-e".

-Before "just one more time" was like my music all throughout the day. Now I kinda have a sequence. To wake me up I listen to either "run" or 2 ma luv" then when I dirive I kinda mix it up. but when I'm about to sleep its "just one more time" then "the untold story". my sister really thinks I've gone waayyyyy crazy over shinhwa. hehhehe oh well I don't care. I love shinhwa! Can't help it!! :w00t:

omg, this is so me too! like i listen to all the fast tracks when i'm driving and especially before i go to work to psych myself up and when it's time to sleep, i always go back to 'just one more time.' :) i'm so happy for their upbeat songs coz seriously, and this is gonna sound soo cheesy, my heart felt heavier and heavier the more i listened to 'just one more time' coz it was all i was listening to at the time, just over and over and over again! the fast tracks really help to remind me that shinhwa is forever and that there is no saying goodbye to shinhwa.

i also have a sinking feeling that they're not going to promote the 9th jib coz it's like, do they still have to? not just coz it's an album esp for their fans but coz shinhwa coming out with anything is always such a big deal that word gets round even without doing promotions. i also feel envious of the korean fans coz i only got to know of shinhwa early last year. that's probably why i lurked for a long time on this thread before i found the guts to finally post (actually, it became downright unbearable not to profess how much shinhwa has affected me which finally compelled me to join in the fun - and sorrow - on this thread). still, i'm grateful that i got to know about shinhwa, that i got, and still get to see through them how valuable true friendship is.

gad, it's like everyone has gotten their goodies already! fine, i will wait patiently! hmpft! :D

Guest ricsam

It won't play for me. It's been buffering forever!

Is this the only place it has this clip? Is it loaded in Youtube?

mm well I do not know if it load in YT..

I pm-ed you the download link

Guest tk_angel

... They don't easily get jealous of another member's popularity. This is yet another reason I think as to why they're still together. They give way to each other.

Tru Tru.. i noticed too that if one member received something like an award or his album topped the charts, the other members r very proud of that achievement... for them each individual achievement raises Shinhwa's profile that's y Shinhwa's popularity is consistently high even if they don't regularly perform as a group... also, if their individual schedule permits, they support each other by attending individual showcases or concerts... i remember M or Jin would visit Sung during his photoshoot for his 1st or 2nd jib... they r very supportive... Shinhwa truly is amazing and admirable...

Just curious...

Now that Shinhwa members are nearing their 30s...when Shinhwa is 40, can you see them still performing dances like Perfect Man? Or perhaps even more extreme dance perfs?:)

I'm bringing it up because I rewatched an old Shinhwa interview and found it interesting that when asked how he saw Shinhwa in a decade, Hyesung said that Shinhwa probably wouldn't be a dance group ten years later...yet ten years later, Shinhwa is still Shinhwa ^^

I personally don't see a problem. If they take care of themselves, we'll still have the original Shinhwa performances for the next 10+ years. Take Aaron Kwok from Hong Kong...the man's 42 and he still puts up a heck of a live performance. Just watched his concert DVD from last year with my sister :sweatingbullets:

greenblobfish yes yes. i totally love that article. how you cant pick a member who ahs the most fans. the members have such a strong friendship that they wouldnt even care how many they have because they will cherish all of us ^^ no matter how many haha. thanks for the link! didnt see it until u said so haha.

mommie yeah i agree. they are laughing so much haha and u cant really hear what they are saying. hopefully they will come out with korean lyrics so someone can translate :P . i hope they recorded the conv. on video o.o it would be even nice seeing their faces and actions ^^. do you think they would have one? LOL i was thinking on getting a white tumbler for my mom since she needed a new coffee cup but then i was like nvm she'd think im crazy xD she knows how crazy i am over shinhwa haha

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: okay apparently im too lazy to find eric's solo thread >__< if ur a shinhwabiz member then you can look at this =P

[08.04.10][news] Goo Hye Sun to be Eric's new leading lady

[08.04.10] [news] Consolidated news updates about Eric's new drama

Archived