[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Ok sorry for the disruption of the current topic, but as ya'll may remember I knew Shinwha pretty late so there are some things that I do not know of Shinhwa. My point is, can someone pretty pretty please help me out with this clip. It's from 2005, but it's my very very first time coming upon it. If someone can help me out and translate I would be so so happy!

Junjin, Driving While Intoxicated

Honestly I think intoxicated he was, but wasted....probably not. From what I hear he's a really good drinker. Anyway someone help my please?? THANK YOU! :mellow:

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grumpynomore

shinhwa2.jpg

Orange Countdown

ERIC: 73 days until discharge

DONGWAN: 111

JUNJIN: 451

ANDY: 456

MINWOO: 578

HYESUNG: waiting with us

SHINHWA's 14th Anniversary: 584 days

Guest prncssptri

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNJIN!!!!!

best wishes for baby bird ♥

fellow Shinhwa Changjo who have twitter account, we're having a twitter trending party for jinnie!!

it's TODAY (August 19th) at 12:00-01:00PM KST trending #babybird

Do join the fun!! :)

happy birthday again jinnie! korean shows seem so empty these days without youuu~

Shinhwa was in that right side bar link with their song "Perfect Man" so I decided to check it out and I liked it. Somehow the song seemed familiar to me. Like I've heard it before but I'm pretty sure I never have.

^ This is a random guess on your drama-watching but if you watch Taiwan dramas, [Perfect Man] was the theme song for "My MVP Valentine".

On Shinhwa signing up with YG.. I understand your points, but considering their difference in music direction, I think it's unlikely. YG is more towards hip-hop, R&B kind of style. Although some of the members may have tried this type of music before (in their solo works, particularly Minwoo) and have preference to it (especially Eric) but overall, Shinhwa has their own distinct sound to their songs, which is only possible because they are overseeing the album production themselves. YG isn't really big on their dance (not so much), but Shinhwa was first known to be a powerful dance group. Shinhwa has gradually left the the fancy/trendy/flashy image (which is YG artists' most recognized factor) and adopted to smart-casual look for the recent albums.

I also think Shinhwa members are already comfortable to be able to shape 'Shinhwa' as they collectively agree, and they have the advantage of having years of experience under their belt.

That said, Shinhwa members do have close friends from YG. SE7EN was once jokingly introduced as the 7th member of Shinhwa. ;)

I missed the trending for Baby Bird's B-day T__T  Was in the mountains and had no internet.

That said, Shinhwa members do have close friends from YG. SE7EN was once jokingly introduced as the 7th member of Shinhwa. ;)

Yup, yup, and Minbong goes to laser tag, fishing, water parks, etc. with Bacon (Gosh, I miss him T__T Darn it, YG! I need my 1tym<3) and Phryme (formerly YG).

And here's the classic clip of Bacon singing Shinhwa's Perfect Man lolz :)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3cs4-vmdJIk

So sad that soompi has 'insert media' option, but disables it for this forum *sigh*

Guest SouthernBelle82

^ This is a random guess on your drama-watching but if you watch Taiwan dramas, [Perfect Man] was the theme song for "My MVP Valentine".

On Shinhwa signing up with YG.. I understand your points, but considering their difference in music direction, I think it's unlikely. YG is more towards hip-hop, R&B kind of style. Although some of the members may have tried this type of music before (in their solo works, particularly Minwoo) and have preference to it (especially Eric) but overall, Shinhwa has their own distinct sound to their songs, which is only possible because they are overseeing the album production themselves. YG isn't really big on their dance (not so much), but Shinhwa was first known to be a powerful dance group. Shinhwa has gradually left the the fancy/trendy/flashy image (which is YG artists' most recognized factor) and adopted to smart-casual look for the recent albums.

I also think Shinhwa members are already comfortable to be able to shape 'Shinhwa' as they collectively agree, and they have the advantage of having years of experience under their belt.

Only drama's I watch are Korean and Japanese. I tried to watch the Taiwanese "Boys Over Flowers" version but didn't care for it. Shinhwa reminds me more of SS501 type music. More poppish so I understand that. I think Big Bang though is pretty good with mixing to where they're not totally hiphop. YG just seems to really take care of their artist's with promotion and treating them well. If not joining YG perhaps they can work with YG artist's like SE7EN to help with their comeback. :)

Guest la vifzetta*

Shinhwa... and YG? I cannot imagine that, even IF se7en was Shinhwa's honorary member.

This group is in a stage where they don't need a big company to "help" them. they have their own style, they each have their own management company (either they own it, or they are the main artist under the label), so it's probably better if they continue as a group independent of big companies that have a set "style". it will only make them less distinctive from the group of idols.

Furthermore, I don't know how you see SS501 music as comparable to Shinhwa's.

Very different in vocal and rap style, dance, beat, everything...

Shinhwa is poppish, but not double S type pop.

*wave to every one*

Woa taken back by the Shinhwa signing up with YG discussion as I haven't heard anything about it.

I'm not sure and doubt Shinhwa will sign up with a big name mgmt. Yes they're experience and resourcefull when it comes to PR but they might not be as flexible that a smaller mgmt company can be (scheduling, creativities.....)

At least they don't have to worry about that for another year or 2 but that also means no Shinhwa goodies till they reunited? *sigh*

A sad note, I heard one of Chinese biggest Shinhwa fansites, BestShinhwa is shutting down at the end of this month. The reason being their web hosting service is up + not much of activity people grow ups with new responsibilities & new interests.... It's sad to hear. I can only wish it's a temporary measure till Shinhwa comes back.

Support all Shinhwa forums if you can!

I missed the trending for Baby Bird's B-day T__T  Was in the mountains and had no internet.

Yup, yup, and Minbong goes to laser tag, fishing, water parks, etc. with Bacon (Gosh, I miss him T__T Darn it, YG! I need my 1tym<3) and Phryme (formerly YG).

And here's the classic clip of Bacon singing Shinhwa's Perfect Man lolz :)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3cs4-vmdJIk

So sad that soompi has 'insert media' option, but disables it for this forum *sigh*

AHHH I loved that video! xD After watching that I learned the lyrics to Perfect Man and rehearsed it to my friend over the phone. I really wouldn't want Shinhwa to sign up with YG ( don't get me wrong I adore YG and their artists) because it doesn't really match their style. I don't think there's a company that matches Shinhwa style O.O they're so unique <3

Off to watch X-man episodes with Shinhwa as guests~ If anyone wants the links pm me : )

no comment on YG discussion. :ph34r:

*wave to every one*

Woa taken back by the Shinhwa signing up with YG discussion as I haven't heard anything about it.

I'm not sure and doubt Shinhwa will sign up with a big name mgmt. Yes they're experience and resourcefull when it comes to PR but they might not be as flexible that a smaller mgmt company can be (scheduling, creativities.....)

At least they don't have to worry about that for another year or 2 but that also means no Shinhwa goodies till they reunited? *sigh*

A sad note, I heard one of Chinese biggest Shinhwa fansites, BestShinhwa is shutting down at the end of this month. The reason being their web hosting service is up + not much of activity people grow ups with new responsibilities & new interests.... It's sad to hear. I can only wish it's a temporary measure till Shinhwa comes back.

oh nooooo :( thats so sad.... cant believe it.. i guess time really will change some things

hopefully it'll come back up once they make their comeback!! its sad hearing things like that .. i dont know.. maybe its because i remember so well how big they once were! for example, on soompi; shinhwa's thread was like o_o the thread to be at and to reply to ... :tears: and the thread was like constantly updating ... :(

*wave to every one*

I'm not sure and doubt Shinhwa will sign up with a big name mgmt.  Yes they're experience and resourcefull when it comes to PR but they might not be as flexible that a smaller mgmt company can be (scheduling, creativities.....)

A sad note, I heard one of Chinese biggest Shinhwa fansites, BestShinhwa is shutting down at the end of this month.  The reason being their web hosting service is up + not much of activity people grow ups with new responsibilities & new interests....   It's sad to hear.  I can only wish it's a temporary measure till Shinhwa comes back.  

Yeah, I haven't been able to access the site for awhile  T_T And so close to Eric's release date too. About activities on the site, I know so many Shinhwa fans that want to register, but they've stopped accepting new members for nearly two years. How can there be new blood and new life? No worries, I'm sure another group of hot-blooded Shinhwa fans will see it through. They always do~ Meanwhile, there is isay81.

Guest 80slitenite

Much to discuss!!!

MINSYUNGIE APPEARANCE!!! Bong appeared as a guest for Hyesung's Summer Event thing.

2mc6fpi.jpg

source: @LIVEWORKSCP

aemyvl.jpg

source: @yurim1127

More pics and fancams over at http://www.xtcgyo.com/

Under "XTC" you'll see the posts

More pics here at http://blog.naver.com/neworder

thanks @notochrasy for the link

Also during the event Hyesung talked about Eric. Guess what he said and this is directly from http://lemiel.ivyro.net/

thanks @hikkiechan

by sunshine님

"he talked about his moving but... Eric will be his neighbor again kkkkkkkkkkkkk

Eric had already moved to the another appartment.....which is in front of HS's

No comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THey are neighbors AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HS looked very happy when he commented about Eric kkkkkkkkkkkkk and he made/makes us extremely

Happy ~~~~~~~~~"

LOLOLOL Hyesung will you be Eric's neighbor FOREVER

^ OMG lol!!!! thats so cuteeee of eric!!! we know you did that on purpose eric :P !

minwoo wearing a denim jacket + denim jeans :crazy: ... oh well its okay you can pull it off!!!

so sweet, supporting band members to the end <3

and i saw this photo on http://absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com/ all credits to them.

x2_27fd2f3.jpg?w=490&h=326

^haha so cute :lol: and this is also from http://absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com/; he is so funny!!!!! XD (or maybe im just brainwashed by wannie)

[10.08.25] Dongwan’s memolog: The person I look like…

I was watching Ip Man 2~ I look like Donnie Yen! That’s what I thought… ㅋㅎㅎ

LOL <3 you wannie.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I haven't been able to access the site for awhile  T_T And so close to Eric's release date too. About activities on the site, I know so many Shinhwa fans that want to register, but they've stopped accepting new members for nearly two years. How can there be new blood and new life? No worries, I'm sure another group of hot-blooded Shinhwa fans will see it through. They always do~ Meanwhile, there is isay81.

Thanks for tipping of the new Chinese site Amy. Even though I don't know Chinese but the shut down of any Shinhwa forums makes my heart aches. I don't really know why would any fan forum stop accepting new members or restricting (by invite only), don't they want the forum to grow?

The popularity of Twitter & FB also kill forums (not just Shinhwa's). When people don't mingle in the forums (I'm guilty at that also), it becomes lackluster....

I know it mentioned in the 1st post that this thread is only for Shinhwa posts only but since not everyone know members' individual Soompi threads can we repost them here too? What do you gals think? Just a thought to keep this thread going.......

You can't escape him, though who'd want to lol

@crystalis - lmao he was really into the song wasn't he xD

Yup, we know the Crab secretly likes our Leader's persistence XD

And I love that clip :)

Thanks for tipping of the new Chinese site Amy.  Even though I don't know Chinese but the shut down of any Shinhwa forums makes my heart aches.  I don't really know why would any fan forum stop accepting new members or restricting (by invite only), don't they want the forum to grow?

The popularity of Twitter & FB also kill forums (not just Shinhwa's).  When people don't mingle in the forums (I'm guilty at that also), it becomes lackluster....

I know it mentioned in the 1st post that this thread is only for Shinhwa posts only but since not everyone know members' individual Soompi threads can we repost them here too?  What do you gals think?  Just a thought to keep this thread going.......

Hi Phi!

Good news! Bestshinhwa has changed owners and is recruiting new staff ^_^ I know we can count on Shinhwa fans! Unfortunately, still not accepting new members though :( Since they're paying for their own hosting, I guess it can't be helped if they can't handle the traffic Y_Y

Yeah, I've been successfully avoiding twitter so far...it would kill the only time I have left these days :/  It does become lackluster when Shinhwa fans no longer frequent these forum threads. Used to spend so much time here.  I really miss the long thoughtful posts that used to go on in here.

I think it's perfectly find to re-post the individual threads. It's okay to do post updates with links to the news in the posts in the members' solo threads as well ^_^

Archived