she collab with andy and minwoo,she perform with junjin too,

i wish she will with the other members too

i love shinwa

they are one of the reason why im hooked with k-pop

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mine2wise- I liked Yoobin's collabs with Shinhwa members too :D Don't know if it counts, but WG did guest at Hyesung's concert and Yoobin got to bungee jumping with Hyesung on her birthday :)

Umm, I'm not sure if I'm part of the fansubbers (i don't think i am), and it's easier for me to just reply here...

We Got Married ep. 7 & 8 (Shinhwa cut)

080209 OBS - Korea's Idol Group Shinhwa

Every time I watch the OBS video, I always remember what Eric said on the 10th anniv. concert: "There are a lot of people who try to step on you to get to the top, who try to hurt you and break you apart". And it always gives me shivers. Seriously, we have no idea how hard it was (and still is) for them to stay together. They always stay quiet regarding the technical stuffs, but I feel like there are a lot of issues behind the scene that they're keeping us oblivious. I mean, I'm sure low album sales and fainting from fatigue aren't the only problems they had to face. Their contract status with GoodEMG is still unclear. Is Shinhwa still with them? GoodEMG's status itself is unclear. Their financial status is even more distressing. And there's also that copyright issue with Open World that we still haven't heard the resolve of.

And with all members having contracts with different companies, won't they have a lot of conflicts of interest? *I'm not worried about the members, I'm worried that their respective companies will demand them to fulfill their individual contracts* I guess it's good that most members own their own companies, so there won't be too much conflict of interest there. They should just form a joint company for Shinhwa. But then, I suspect that even after 10+ years of being a successful artist, they still have financial struggle every now and then.

Honestly, I'm really worried for them. When they make their comeback in 2013, when they're around 32-34yrs old, will they be able to replay their 7th album success? Or is it just a wishful thinking?

Thanks a lot, kriza!

About GoodEMG, I think Shinhwa's contract with them should be over by now, since it was in the news they signed for another 3 years when they renewed contracts in 2006. I do believe, with the relationship they have, the contract is just a formality anyways.

I think when Shinhwa members moved companies for their solo albums, it was to relieve some financial pressure on GoodEMG.It would've been hard for them to keep up the financial or workforce to promote 6-10 artists at the same time; not even companies like SM can do that.

Anyways, I suspect, other than most of the members being the CEO of their companies themselves, all their companies are related in some way. Most of all, I think LIveworks (Hyesung's new company) is really just a new name for GoodEMG to prepare them for the worse (i.e. bankruptcy, etc.). With Sungie's personality, I don't really see him moving companies of his own will. So I suspect, when Shinhwa comes back as a group, they'll either sign with Liveworks or one of the members' own companies, though imo, the later is less likely.

Of course, these are just my speculations, so peeps, please don't take them too seriously ~ Chances are, I'm completely wrong ;)

Maybe we're just worried about Shinhwa's age because of kpop? America aside, there are plenty of popstars in Asia from other countries who are nearing their 50s and holding fifty concerts a year with no sign of their declining popularity. And with some serious actors, producers, entertainers and ballad singers in Shinhwa, I think there's a chance that their popularity will grow once again with the right project. Possibly, one good drama is all it'll take? Grabbing each other by their hands, right?

And like Dongwan said once (though, without hearing his joking tone, it does sound a bit desperate in print), "Shinhwa members are all survivors." They're smart people ^_^

Guest grumpynomore

crystalis thank you for updating your site and also re-uploading your utube videos.

it's so deepressing to see so many youtube accounts/uploaders that had shinhwa videos get suspended.

how are we going to get those videos back? it's possible...i think as long as we can find other sources...

or even better the main ones. but how about the fans' comments? some even dating back 5 or 6 years ago!

those are also as precious as those videos deleted.

does anyone know the uploaders freshamanto2004 and ku12? they had awesome shinhwa videos.

i think it will at least make me feel better knowing they're still around...even if they don't upload any videos..

just knowing they're still here for our 6. *sigh*

LOL!!! omg i just watched dongwannie's hidden camera on minsung!! thank god i went back a few more pages!!

i smiled when hyesung hesitated from drinking when he saw the ring box and then i bursted out laughing when hyesung started laughing at wannie's proposal!!! and i was still laughing at the end, when they were still suspicious (still looks around when they're waiting for the elevator!! :lol: )

this makes me miss them even more <3

also, crystalis, i never realised you were 6rystalis from youtube!!! i had your channel favourited a while ago, can't believe it got suspended :( you had a really big collection of them !! :(

and ive got a request; do you guys remember the 10th anniversary stage?? and it has like a banner/writing on it? ive always wondered what it said! can anybody translate it?? :D ill be very thankful! (and if you're not sure what im talking about, ill try to find a pic of it)

wow it has been a while since i last been here

i have been busy

but i always have shinhwa in my thought

last month

i finally got my hand on shinhwa history dvd from 98 to 07

gawd i was freaking out

seriously

it was the best

i watch it and laughed my heart out seeing them in their youth

gosh i mish them so much

the worst part

there are so many shinhwa uploaders has been suspended in utube

even mine

aish

and i dont have the time to redo everything and reupload it

sighs

rite now

my main focus is of course saving money for their comeback

i wanna be there when them regroup as shinhwa

:)

Guest ixia320

Reading crystalis’ concern is something that every shinhwa fan must give a serious thought, I believe. Shinhwa, as early as now, should resolve who is the company that will handle and take care of the marketing concept that can be fine-tuned by the parameters of marketing mix applicable to shinhwa. Those should be ready by the time shinhwa comes back by 2012 or 2013.

We hope that shinhwa will always stay healthy to give out performances on the level that shinhwa fans can talk about with pride even long after the event. On the consumer’s standpoint, a buyer (in this case, a shinhwa fan) will be happier to part with his hard earned money if the utility or satisfaction he gets from purchasing such good (concert ticket, CD, Dvd) is great (or at many times, it is out of sheer love and loyalty to the group shinhwa that fans deeply adore).

If shinhwa’s management company (GoodEmg or another) is able to create an excellent strategy to “relaunch” shinhwa in 2012/2013, crucial here is the initial reaction of the target market - the shinhwa fans - (especially those fans based in korea – I call them the local fans). It is the local fans that can show initial strong comeback acceptance & outpouring support because they are the ones that can go to tv stations to watch, buy magazines that has shinhwa on the cover, be able to participate show support for tv program ratings if shinhwa appears that can translate to CF contracts because of the mass appeal exhibited, and especially attending concerts. Not to be outdone, the international fans where this group can tremendously add to the bottom line – record sales and concert tickets. At the end of everything, profit will truly or majority dictate how long shinhwa can stay because simply put, nothing operates in a negative returns.

So let’s pray that shinhwa

a) will be managed well  to avoid disgruntlement

B) members will behave well  to avoid scandal

c) will perform well  to keep fans proud and ask for more

d) fans will buy well  very important for the bottom line

Since shinhwa is currently not active in the music scene, it is good that shinhwa fan sites like soompi, shinhwaglish and so many others are kept alive and updated by dedicated shinhwa fans to keep the fans’ interest stirred and burning. So that when shinhwa reappears in 2012/2013, shinhwa changjos can truly shout in unison “shinhwa fighting”.

sorry for the long post (",) hello to everyone!!

Guest 2MaLuv

hehe, and wonder girls has also performed 'tell me' with hyesung at his first concert too! mmm... what im wishing for is to have one of the current boy bands perform with shinhwa as supporting acts one time... or imagine having all these bands doing shinhwa tributes like performing their dances? wouldnt that be awesome? like how snsd did a cover of TOP and Suju also did a small excerpt of TOP as well! =D

Shinhwa & SHCJ fighting!!

<3

Guest samshiku

^ OOoo yes i have thought abt something like that!

like all the current groups now take turns to do a major shinhwa hit in one large shinhwa-festival thing...like for their anniversary or smth :) that wld be awesome and really help the younger fans know our boy's music too! people need to move BEYOND TOP and wild eyes.

Guest grumpynomore

It's always nice to hear/read the name SHINHWA!

Daily NEWS [04.21.10] SNSD want to become like SMAP & Shinwa idol group in future

"To be like Shinhwa,SMAP,received lots of love from everyone,walking down the future path together".

During the broadcast of "Winwin" on the 20th,in regard to question "how long SNSD can still walk on the path" by MC Kim Seung Woo, answer given by Girls Generation has attracted a lot of attentions.

This day,MC Kim Seung Woo gave SNSD a tough question "Had SNSD reach the peak already?".

Leader Taeyeon replied: "I agreed to this.From the point of view of a third party,they might think it is.Because last year we had been awarded and crowned No.1 at various music award ceremony,and once the new song is release,it will also be the hot topic".

Kim Seung Woo then asked "how long SNSD can still walk down the path",Yoona replied with her own wish,

we would like to be the idol group like Shinhwa sunbaenim which we able to do personal activities and also sometimes gather together to have a concert, and release album".

[rest of article (non-shinhwa related) omitted]

Source:TVdaily

Fanstaengoo & snsdlife@snsd-life.blogspot.com

Guest Nekka

Many young bands, want to be like Shinhwa it's great to hear that!!

this is a fancam where the band BEAST talk about their sunbae,i can't really understand but when Yo Seob says Shinhwa, fans started to scream

I'm so blessed to have gotten to know them! Haha It's no surprise that many groups want to be like them or look up to them...I bet ALL groups want to be like them, maybe not music-wise, but the bond that they want to have within their members. :D I don't mind that at all hehe Shinhwa is LOVE!

LOL!!! omg i just watched dongwannie's hidden camera on minsung!! thank god i went back a few more pages!!

i smiled when hyesung hesitated from drinking when he saw the ring box and then i bursted out laughing when hyesung started laughing at wannie's proposal!!! and i was still laughing at the end, when they were still suspicious (still looks around when they're waiting for the elevator!! :lol: )

this makes me miss them even more <3

also, crystalis, i never realised you were 6rystalis from youtube!!! i had your channel favourited a while ago, can't believe it got suspended :( you had a really big collection of them !! :(

and ive got a request; do you guys remember the 10th anniversary stage?? and it has like a banner/writing on it? ive always wondered what it said! can anybody translate it?? :D ill be very thankful! (and if you're not sure what im talking about, ill try to find a pic of it)

Hi :)

Haha~ i thought i was so genius with the new name too: Crystalis=6rystalis

Oddly, my channel is back up, as are some other shinhwa channe ls:D

Actually, it wasn't so bad when 6rystalis went down, since it only had a quarter of the videos I had on an account previous to that...and it definitely wasn't as bad as the great Soompi crash, right? *still remembering~* It's like some 6-7 years of shinhwa history wiped out *shudders* The Shinhwa thread was so huuuuuge ~ T___T

Anyways, to answer your question. You are talking about the sign on the rising platform when they sing once in a life time right? Without looking up the video, I think it said "We are forever Shinhwa" (Uri neun yongwonhi Shinhwa imnida).

Hope that helps :)

--------------------------------------------

Lately, I'm feeling a little puzzled...

You know when people try on shoes they don't fit and then insist on buying them because it fits their ideal style? But then keeps on complaining how much they hurt afterwards?

It's like some people and their theories about trying to fit Shinhwa into the the mold of the SM 'five-year-curse'...saying Shinhwa was pretty much broken up after five years when they left SM anyways (which is already stretching it, since they left in their 6th year). The real kick of it is how they are correcting other debaters and sounding superior about it.

Why are they doing this?

Does it make them feel better if we all sink on the same boat?

I don't know about anyone else, but as a Shinhwa fan, it hurts a little to read that other kpop fans consider them an already defunct group..that the daesangs they won in their 7th year were really nothing, or the tears at their 10th Anni. concert, or the asia tours, fanmeetings and several albums that followed that.

Seriously, if the shoes don't fit then they don't fit.

If you must buy them, then don't pain other people with your complaining. It's difficult enough keeping our own lifeboat afloat.

Look at what happened to Cinderella's stepsisters.

I guess Shinhwa can never prove themselves to much; to former fans or new kpop fans.

-------------------------------------------

And sorry for being annoying. Again, please help out by looking through the SHINHWAGLISH LISTS to see if you can fill any of the missing videos or if you would like to add any.

Guest ANJEE<3

can someone please tell me what the current condition/status of GOODENTER is even?

i can't even find the site anymore =\ or rather, it doesn't work.

i'm patiently waiting for shinhwa to come back to us..

i feel proud to call myself a shinhwa fan.

We never gave up on them, and the never gave up on us =)

if you're bored and want a read, i wrote this for the FOTY in the fanfic section

it's dedicated to shinhwa and my great appreciation of them =)

it's entitled Never Fear, Your Fans Are Here

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=326642

Guest grumpynomore

Where's everyone?!

A must read that will make you long for the reunion of our fab 6 even more!

http://shinhwaglish.blogspot.com/2010/04/t...jin-i-love.html

c/o crystalis :D

video of the day...

A SHINHWA TRIBUTE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K9JyB3x_lc...eos=GK3QpE-3rhY

c/o TheNani

and PLEASE DON'T FORGET THE BRAND NEW PROJECT.

Keep hitting that refresh button. :D

^

IM HEREEEE :D

i cant read the chinese translations :( *regrets not going to chinese school*

i promise to check the other vids when my usage isnt so close to being capped :P

awww the tribute is so cute, made me smile! the ending was like a hug marathon :)

and i love the comments you left on the 'brand new' link <3 id 'like' them if i had a youtube account :P

Hi :)

Haha~ i thought i was so genius with the new name too: Crystalis=6rystalis

Oddly, my channel is back up, as are some other shinhwa channe ls:D

Actually, it wasn't so bad when 6rystalis went down, since it only had a quarter of the videos I had on an account previous to that...and it definitely wasn't as bad as the great Soompi crash, right? *still remembering~* It's like some 6-7 years of shinhwa history wiped out *shudders* The Shinhwa thread was so huuuuuge ~ T___T

Anyways, to answer your question. You are talking about the sign on the rising platform when they sing once in a life time right? Without looking up the video, I think it said "We are forever Shinhwa" (Uri neun yongwonhi Shinhwa imnida).

Hope that helps :)

--------------------------------------------

Lately, I'm feeling a little puzzled...

You know when people try on shoes they don't fit and then insist on buying them because it fits their ideal style? But then keeps on complaining how much they hurt afterwards?

It's like some people and their theories about trying to fit Shinhwa into the the mold of the SM 'five-year-curse'...saying Shinhwa was pretty much broken up after five years when they left SM anyways (which is already stretching it, since they left in their 6th year). The real kick of it is how they are correcting other debaters and sounding superior about it.

Why are they doing this?

Does it make them feel better if we all sink on the same boat?

I don't know about anyone else, but as a Shinhwa fan, it hurts a little to read that other kpop fans consider them an already defunct group..that the daesangs they won in their 7th year were really nothing, or the tears at their 10th Anni. concert, or the asia tours, fanmeetings and several albums that followed that.

Seriously, if the shoes don't fit then they don't fit.

If you must buy them, then don't pain other people with your complaining. It's difficult enough keeping our own lifeboat afloat.

Look at what happened to Cinderella's stepsisters.

I guess Shinhwa can never prove themselves to much; to former fans or new kpop fans.

-------------------------------------------

And sorry for being annoying. Again, please help out by looking through the SHINHWAGLISH LISTS to see if you can fill any of the missing videos or if you would like to add any.

thank you so much for the translation!! and are you a mod for shinhwaglish as well or something?!!? weird o_o, i went through an addiction phase with that place :P LOL guess all us fans are somehow connected :P

i agree, nothings worst than the big soompi crash years ago.. o_o that was so shocking.. i remember that practically all the fics back then were shinhwa based too lmfao...

you had a previous youtube account as well?!?! love your dedication<3

people are saying that about shinhwa?? :o ..dont worry, people who label shinhwa as singers who've suffered the SM 5 year curse just proves to us that they're ignorant, and dont know shinhwa well enough... so i guess we cant really do much about it :) as long as we know right?

but thats pretty crazy cos .. after 5/6 (whichever they prefer) years of shinhwa...they actually got more and more popular..and WHAT?! how could they say the pretty much 'broke up' after 5 years?!?! how can a 'broken up group' still release albums -_- and do photoshoots together.. and appear on tv shows together.. under the 'meant-to-be-broken-up-group-name' -_-

... i better stop rambling now, the more i talk about it, the more annoyed i get with other people's ignorance so i think i better stop o_o

and ANJEE<3: ill check out your (must-be) awesome fic and give some support ;)

@*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*- Hi :)

If you are referring to the first video in grumpynomore's post, the English transcript is right under the video.

About Shinhwaglish...I guess I am kind of a mod, since I'm the only maintainer.

It's a bit awkward saying it myself, but I guess it would be more more correct to call me the founder?

I guess it's just one of those impulsive projects I take on before I realized the effort that I would need to put in to it.

Shinhwaglish was a youtube group that I started back in 2006-ish for English-subtitled Shinhwa videos, and I think I started the blogspot back in 2007.

And I really miss the shinhwa fanfics too <3 Will definitely have to check out ANJEE<3's fanfic when I have time. Haven't read a fanfic in years! :ph34r:

@grumpynomore- Thanks for bringing up the Brand New Project again :) Another one of those harebrained moments when I start more projects than I can see through to the end haha~

It hasn't been updated in forever, but if anyone would like to have a look at how far we've come since January of last year, here's the link:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...;#entry12088410

I made a quick estimation a few months ago that we'd pass half a million by the start of 2012, but it looks like we're moving just a 'tad' faster than I predicted.

Also, the link is always in my siggie :)

Guest ixia320

here, present.. been busy lately with work.. of reports and planning.. :huh:

shinhwa defunct? hmm, this is really irritating.. <_<

oh well, what can we really do about them but to ignore their likes. remembering what hyesung said on their 10th anniversary concert, "you are all we've got" or something like that and that still rings true today. some quarters will probably put much effort to spread falsehoods regarding our shinhwa but we make this a challenge instead to show our full support when shinhwa reunites. are these quarters getting "worried" that leader eric will be with us soon that they are starting unsavory talks like this? interesting...

i hope goodemg starts drumbeating for shinhwa. i think in ways they do because andy is in the news, so is hyesung. i have faith in shinhwa, like dongwan said, "members are smart". they know what to do after they are done with their military duty.

for all the links posted, thank you very much.

my current favorite shinhwa videos:

http://vimeo.com/4873282

http://vimeo.com/4861704

http://vimeo.com/4848457

have a joyful day shinhwachangjos!!!

Guest ixia320

like what sine81 posted, when hyesung and eric tries to act as if they hate each other, it's actually the opposite that we feel, that they do care about each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKMO3IwbF4k

other groups try to act that they are close and all, but I cringe over this when I see one (is it really genuine between them?). when real trying and difficult situation comes, they break. Our shinhwa was never like that.

^ i remember watching that video! :) very cute story of how hyesung was drunk and expressed his feelings hehe<3

@*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*- Hi :)

If you are referring to the first video in grumpynomore's post, the English transcript is right under the video.

About Shinhwaglish...I guess I am kind of a mod, since I'm the only maintainer.

It's a bit awkward saying it myself, but I guess it would be more more correct to call me the founder?

I guess it's just one of those impulsive projects I take on before I realized the effort that I would need to put in to it.

Shinhwaglish was a youtube group that I started back in 2006-ish for English-subtitled Shinhwa videos, and I think I started the blogspot back in 2007.

And I really miss the shinhwa fanfics too <3 Will definitely have to check out ANJEE<3's fanfic when I have time. Haven't read a fanfic in years! :ph34r:

:o i see the transcript!! thanks!! i was thinking, isnt this shinhwaglish... why isnt there eng subs >< !

but yeah thanks again :) nice to hear jinnies heartfelt words about the members

haha ! :lol: yeah well you've done a great job on that impulsive project! and wow its been around for a quite a while! so good job on not giving up on it, since it does look like a lot of work !!

i refreshed that brand new mv link a few times today! arent you guys proud of me haha :P i hope it works, cos i swear the number of "views" doesnt change ... :/

sorry to bother everyone again but does anyone know where i can watch season 1 love letter ft. Han EunJung with eng subs??

ive been looking around for it for so long and nglktshinhwa had kindly reuploaded them on YT, with subs too, but i just realised its missing the last 3 parts :( !!!!

my fav member becomes perfect man in that ep too :(

Guest mandyemily

like what sine81 posted, when hyesung and eric tries to act as if they hate each other, it's actually the opposite that we feel, that they do care about each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKMO3IwbF4k

other groups try to act that they are close and all, but I cringe over this when I see one (is it really genuine between them?). when real trying and difficult situation comes, they break. Our shinhwa was never like that.

I remember seeing this video too. I always wonder when did this incident happen? I mean the members always tease them about being oil and water but they never say when they are like this. Probably when they were much younger too. :P

Archived